I'm giving up on "witchy" s**t

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 1:35 pm

Christianity failed me, Atheism failed me, New Age bs has failed me we

f**k it, as far as I'm concerned life has no meaning. I'm just going to wait for death to take me so I dont have to keep existing in this stupid world.

:skull:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 3:28 pm

Welcome to the "I've realised life has no meaning" club.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 3:28 pm

New age is just someone else’s beliefs they say are the truth, like all religions.They drive people apart more than bring them together.
You have to look inside.
This sort of sums it up in less than 10 minutes.
https://youtu.be/MDbiqlhAirE

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2023, 3:35 pm

Create your own "religion" or philosophy then? In the end it's probably better than what neurotypicals came up with.

Imagine there would be no cosmos, no universe. Just emptiness forever. That would kinda suck, wouldn't it? I mean you will certainly find something beautiful in this universe. So something existing is preferable over nothing existing.

Does life necessarily need a meaning? I don't think so. But it can have one, if you want.

You are likely caged by your "cultural programming". Meaning that your definition of the word "meaning" is determined by the culture you grew up in. Make yourself free from that cage. It's a cage created by neurotypicals, which does not fit you.

If you want your individual life to have a meaning, then define the word "meaning" in a way which makes it possible for you to have a meaningful life.

And about life itself... well. Without life, the universe is quite awesome. But it's a little too repetetive. You will find Earth like planets in all corners of the universe. They're all unique, but also very much the same.

Now put life on these planets. Life will create a vast amount of variation, which would be impossible without life. It will constantly create novelty, new shapes, new smells, new noises, new beauty (and ugly), etc.

So life makes the universe more complete. So maybe that could be the meaning of life in general. Or maybe it's something much deeper, which our feeble human minds with their very limited extent of consciousness are unable to grasp.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 4:36 pm

You're always left with yourself no matter where you turn for an escape. Religion, drugs, relationships, money, sex, politics, saving the planet or whatever else. You have to make it with yourself, feel your own pain, nobody can feel it for you.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 4:46 pm

How did Christianity fail you?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 4:50 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
… life has no meaning…
You have done well, young padawan.

Now, snatch this pebble from my hand.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2023, 4:54 pm

Life makes sense if you quit trying to make sense of it

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 5:16 pm

klanka wrote:

Telling me I was going to hell and even deserved to be killed for being gay, that holier-than-thou hypocrisy, and embracing a fascist amoral shitworm like Donald Trump as "the chosen one".

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2023, 6:35 pm

"Truth is a pathless land." -- Jiddu Krishmurti

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 8:30 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
klanka wrote:

Telling me I was going to hell and even deserved to be killed for being gay, that holier-than-thou hypocrisy, and embracing a fascist amoral shitworm like Donald Trump as "the chosen one".

Some of them also told me I was going to Hell and that was just full of that old Devil.That I was going to hell and burn because I wasn't baptized by immersion.
Mostly the Evangelical ones.
Some are alright and actually do what Jesus said about not judging and casting stones.
It’s just the bad kind are so loud and obnoxious…

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 8:38 pm

I like to find my own meaning in life. Life is what you make of it. It’s not inherently meaningful.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 10:32 pm

Most of you guys are just being snarky instead of supportive. Seriously what the hell is wrong with most of you? There's only been a couple of people in this whole thread trying to give me any real comfort and advice.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 4:38 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
klanka wrote:

Yeah Christians can turn you off Christianity. But it's supposed to be a relationship with God.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 5:17 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Most of you guys are just being snarky instead of supportive. Seriously what the hell is wrong with most of you? There's only been a couple of people in this whole thread trying to give me any real comfort and advice.

You are going down a path many of us have already trod and experienced. I can't speak for others (and in any case nobody would want me to) but if it was me then I would take this as an opportunity to reflect and try understand a little more about myself. That journey is a personal one and only you can take it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 6:38 am

You might change your mind tomorrow.

I support you in your beliefs, provided you don’t harm people in the process.

You have to provide your own meaning to life. As others pointed out, life has no inherent meaning, per se.