Local government is harassing me, turned off warm water...

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Mar 2023, 10:08 pm

I already seem to have what I think is long covid, which is mainly coughing for me, and now this... a bath was one of the things that seemed to soothe it... I just can't believe someone can be so sadistic? And they don't care, as it's some screwed up situation... despite lots of bad online reviews by people who try to call them, they somehow keep being voted in, so of course they don't care about torturing people like this, let alone bad reviews... now they're even pooping in rivers, like w t f... it's like I live in some upside-down world, and the only hope is that they don't target me... and they seemed to forget me for six months, but not anymore apparently...

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 7:26 am

is it possible you simply ran your water heater out of hot water because of using it frequently. Is it possible the water heater is broken? Is it possible that you or your land lord forgot to pay the bill? Hope you got it working again!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 7:40 am

Its topsy turvy alright, most places have always pooped in rivers. well here in Vancouver they poop in false creek, which looks nothing like a creek to me but rather a wide false river.

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2023, 1:46 pm

I know it's them because they emailed me saying so... this after spending a lot of months last year trying to evict me, until they stopped when they realized I had some legal assistance... they seem obsessed to making my life hell...

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 5:37 am

sodepressed wrote:
I know it's them because they emailed me saying so... this after spending a lot of months last year trying to evict me, until they stopped when they realized I had some legal assistance... they seem obsessed to making my life hell...

The reality TV show "Big Brother" used to do this as punishment for housemates breaking rules, but I can't say I've ever heard of homes losing their hot water without having the gas and/or electricity supply cut. Is this a smart meter thing? I've refused to have one installed, despite an avalanche of letters and emails insisting that I need to.

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Mar 2023, 10:39 pm

No, as far as I know nothing to do with the utility companies themselves... it's just this council in swindon that is obsessed with harassing me. Can nothing be done? It's in the middle of winter, surely this constitutes a form of torture!

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 10:09 am

sodepressed wrote:
No, as far as I know nothing to do with the utility companies themselves... it's just this council in swindon that is obsessed with harassing me. Can nothing be done? It's in the middle of winter, surely this constitutes a form of torture!

Can you copy and paste what it said in the email? leaving off your name/address of course.

Modern devices can be controlled remotely by mobile phone if they've been set up with that feature, but only the person paying the bill should be able to do that.

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2023, 11:24 pm

You're wondering about their purported reason for doing it? I think they came physically to do it, don't think it was remote.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 5:32 am

This doesn't sound ethical at all, unless you're struggling with managing your finances and you're getting help sorting out and paying bills and they realise you have to cut back on energy use to avoid having your supply cut off altogether. Even then, I'd expect a warning that this would happen.

This is the problem with social services and universal credit, they impose sanctions, then you get into a bigger mess, mentally and/or physically, then they end up having to pay you far more than they would have done if they'd just left you alone.

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2023, 9:06 pm

Yeah, the problem is that this is a council flat, and the worst housing I've ever been in, and that's besides the constant harassment from them... I would have thought before that privately would be worse, and I suppose it could be subjective, but I personally didn't have worse, but as soon as I got here...

Today I tried to get a gas engineer from the utility company to uncap, but apparently they wouldn't, still, as the original cappers need to do it somehow... it's already been over a week without a bath, and apparently I need to seek inspiration from that guy who didn't for decades, at this point...

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 7:46 am

sodepressed wrote:
Yeah, the problem is that this is a council flat, and the worst housing I've ever been in, and that's besides the constant harassment from them... I would have thought before that privately would be worse, and I suppose it could be subjective, but I personally didn't have worse, but as soon as I got here...

Today I tried to get a gas engineer from the utility company to uncap, but apparently they wouldn't, still, as the original cappers need to do it somehow... it's already been over a week without a bath, and apparently I need to seek inspiration from that guy who didn't for decades, at this point...

Ah, I see.

I'm not in a council property but that's not without its' major headaches, I'm living on absolute basics to be able to pay all the bills and with everything rising I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to cope much beyond another year.
I feel like I'm going to have to go out of my mind and have a breakdown and/or become physically ill before they recognise I'm not going to be able to maintain a job for any length of time.

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2023, 1:04 pm

No unsatisfying job is worth wasting one's life one.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 5:52 pm

Can you heat it on the stove? Even if it's just a sponge bath, it would be warm.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

30 Mar 2023, 3:17 pm

I'm not surprised to hear about this, there's a whole capital of a country which does this systemically each year, to masses of people, and everybody knows. Govts be crazy.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 3:55 pm

Local government can't turn off your gas or electricity so I'm not sure what's going on. Why was your gas supply capped in the first place? Did you not pay you bills?

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2023, 1:56 pm

Nothing to do with bills, and yeah, apparently they came here with an engineer to cap it just because apparently some people have a license to harass. I tried to reply saying that if they come near my house again I'll seek a restraining order, but I'm so weak and fearful... and not sure how a stove would heat it, I've been trying to use a kettle but it takes a century...