Page 529 of 578 [ 9243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 526, 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532 ... 578  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 3:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
^
We live very quietly and aren't the sort to slam doors or have TVs on loud (when I play my keyboard I always play with headphones on because I know the sound can travel through walls and floors very easily). So it's not like we were noisy to start with, because I know we're not.

If you were less considerate, they MAY understand what you are experiencing.

Do the other neighbours have a problem with their noise?
What has the landlord said after you told them about the problem?
Carpet installation upstairs might be a big help.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 4:08 am

Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
^
We live very quietly and aren't the sort to slam doors or have TVs on loud (when I play my keyboard I always play with headphones on because I know the sound can travel through walls and floors very easily). So it's not like we were noisy to start with, because I know we're not.

We're the only ones in the whole block who are joined on to them, so they wouldn't hear them. The stairs are between us and next door, same with upstairs.
I guess they can't afford carpets, and the landlords won't put their hands in their pockets to put carpet down either. When we mentioned it to them they said it probably wouldn't make any difference anyway.
We sometimes slam doors when they're making a noise. It doesn't really do anything.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 4:15 am

Joe90 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
^

We're the only ones in the whole block who are joined on to them, so they wouldn't hear them. The stairs are between us and next door, same with upstairs.
I guess they can't afford carpets, and the landlords won't put their hands in their pockets to put carpet down either. When we mentioned it to them they said it probably wouldn't make any difference anyway.
We sometimes slam doors when they're making a noise. It doesn't really do anything.

It is a pity you can't find a better place.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 7:58 am

I wish we could. A place where there is nobody living above us, unless it's well soundproofed. But preferably nobody at all above, because I'm more noise-sensitive than most people and after all this stress I'd probably involuntarily be listening out for any bomps and bangs above. I don't choose to listen out though, it's just automatic. It's like my brain is a WiFi router that you can't switch off and is picking up connection on any device that's nearby, and even if the connections on the devices are turned off it's still looking for the connection. That's what my brain does.

I'm stressing out because me and my boyfriend have a few important things to do online and is an activity I can't do with earplugs or headphones on because we need to communicate when doing it. White noise doesn't block out the banging above by the way.
We can't even do it late at night because they are still noisy. I shouldn't have to go to a public library to do this, because I have WiFi at home that I pay for. I don't like public libraries anyway because people bring their kids in there and let them run around screaming and nobody's allowed to say anything because they're "just children". (Whatever happened to teaching children that libraries are quiet places and not playgrounds?)

So these neighbours are literally making our lives unliveable. I feel like I can't enjoy my living-room properly. I want to come in from work, eat my dinner at the table with my boyfriend, and chat about our day or watch the evening news on the TV. Instead I have to eat dinner with headphones on all the time, which feels quite isolating sometimes. I just get fed up. And there's them up there living their great life without a care in the world and not having to worry about anyone's noise.
I have banged on the ceiling when they've been hammering at night before but they just ignored it and carried on.

I'm just afraid that if I do tell the landlords the people upstairs will just play the innocent and say that we're the problem for not tolerating their unavoidable noise. But even for a couple with a 1-year-old I think they still make far too much noise that crosses the expected limit one can take.

Sometimes it sounds like they're running around the apartment, not little baby feet but adults running. I think they chase the baby around or something. And how can I complain about parents playing with their child? I can't.
But the way I see (everything) is "it's not what they do, it's the way they do it". So it's not the fact that they're playing with their child, it's the way they seem to always be doing such noisy activities every day and even at night, and there's never a moment's peace for us at all. It would help if they sometimes went out, took the baby somewhere in his stroller, to the park or the shops, at the weekends. We don't exactly live in a rural area, we live in a city, in walking distance to the park and the city centre.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 10:58 am

The usual thing:

I am having a nice conversation via email with someone, in this case a financial adviser. I told her I am not comfortable talking on the phone so could we continue our conversation via email?

So she bl00dy phoned me up. 'Just a quick call' FFS. I ignored the phone because there was no caller ID. :lol: She had to email me again.

I've had this numerous times. I asked a question via the messaging on a Facebook page and they phoned me up! Feck off.

What is wrong with people? If you're having a conversation with me via email *stay on email* If you're having a conversation with me via text *stay on text* Don't swap to another type of communication.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 2:21 am

Why is it that whenever I look up any symptoms I have on Google the answers are either diabetes, heart attack or cancer?

My lips keep getting chapped. According to Google it means cancer.

I pee a lot at night. According to Google it's diabetes (actually everything seems to be a symptom of diabetes :roll: ).

I have a pain in my elbow. According to Google it's a heart attack and that I must call 999 immediately.

These aren't recent complaints by the way. It's just what I've had in the past or sometimes get. But I must be immortal or something, because I'm still alive! 8O

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Mar 2023, 7:22 am

:lol: Lordy no - never look to Dr. Google for medical advice.
If it exists, you have it.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 7:28 am

Google results when searching your symptoms.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Mar 2023, 8:39 am

:lol: Yep...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 9:36 am

Recidivist wrote:

Where's cancer on this chart? That's what Google loves diagnosing me with. El o el

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

28 Mar 2023, 11:14 am

Joe90 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

Where's cancer on this chart? That's what Google loves diagnosing me with. El o el

Cancer is in all the spectrums. :lol:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 11:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

I didn't make the chart otherwise I'd replace STD or Up the duff with cancer.

Apparently there are good symptom checker apps available, Ada & Symptomate are just two that have good reviews.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 7:20 pm

I'd rather deal with chronic pain and discomfort, than chronic exhaustion and heaviness.

I know how to take and compensate with the former.
The latter is mostly resistance and doesn't leave me a lot of room.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:22 pm

I want to f*****g kill myself. I hate my job so much and I hate interacting with other people.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:24 pm

Fairfield wrote:
I want to f*****g kill myself. I hate my job so much and I hate interacting with other people.

((FF))

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:26 pm

Fairfield wrote:

Don't unalive yourself dude, I like you here.

Hating job = Think this is normal for a lot of people.

Hate interacting with other people = I think this site is split into two camps , those who can interact with people and hate it , those who can't and hate it.