Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 10:47 am

i certainly fit this category.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2009, 12:50 pm

I live a semi-tortured existence. I my pain comes from school stress and watching the world unravel. I have friends who are going through really tough times, and a pen pal who may have joined the Sri Lankan army which has commited genocidal acts many times in this decade, and I get depressed because of that as well. But I don't think I'm tortured. I find hapiness by escaping to my imagination and my parents are very caring for me.

sourus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2009, 5:05 pm

Yes, tortured. That is I. I cant say it's caused by AS because the true cause is NT's IGNORANCE of AS! My childhood was horrible, my family literally would talk around me about how messed up I was and how they wish I was never born. Its like they thought that I had no real emotions.
In my late teens I came home all wrecked and crying because I couldn't start a relationship with a girl I really loved even though she was crazy about me. My parents had some friends from work over and they all saw how screwed up I was. A couple years later I got my first job at the place they worked and they all took it upon themselves to force me into a relationship. They just sort of hinted at what they wanted me to do with this girl who out of the blue started buying me alcohol.
When I still couldnt get myself right things got so much worse. To all these NT's I was some kind of stygma so they encouraged me to change by threats of violence, fake charges of sexual harrasment, constant insult, so on. It might have worked on a normal person and I was trying to be normal so I just beat my head against this wall while I should have been persueing legal action. There was so much more to this that I wont go into, but eventually I had a full force nervous breakdown complete with stone sober blackouts. I was ordered into psychiatric evaluation and diagnosed bi polar. I was fired from my job. got kicked out of my parents house, lost every social contact, and became a severe alcoholic. Like others here, I figured that I must have some specific kind of brain damage. I even told people this to explain why I'm so incapable of some of the simplist things.
My lifes better now but its like I have to explain AS to everyone I come into contact with regularly. I'm hoping that public awarness takes a giant leap soon.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:36 pm

I'm there too. Good things and moments seem to exist only to make the next fall harder.

Sefirato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2009, 12:39 am

Add me to the list for I have suffered greatly in the last month or two. :(

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 9:28 pm

add me! add me!

My life is equivalent to that of a prison except whenever I do leave the prison I'm always confronted by people who seem to act like theyre hunting me or something of that nature

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2009, 11:47 pm

Add me please.

Sallamandrina wrote:
I'm there too. Good things and moments seem to exist only to make the next fall harder.

Yes, precisely, and the problem is I am too smart not to see the pattern, whereas the true optimist either has to be not so smart or in denial

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2009, 1:51 am

if i had even half your flair for the melodramatic i suppose i could say so.

but honestly life isn't unbearable right now, it's just taken on a distinctly weird unfamiliar flavor these past few weeks. content to some extent but restless as hell in spite of it. and somehow i vaguely know it to be a good thing, though i know not quite why.

dusanyu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2009, 3:00 am

go ahead and toss me on the list

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 10:16 am

Count me in.

http://ashurtfulexperiences.blogspot.com (I'm Brian Brodie)

Iloverussia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2010, 4:09 pm

I am not sure yet. For me it all depends how things go with this girl....she makes me feel!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2010, 9:30 pm

I am depressed, but there are times that I am happy, and I don't feel that my life is tortured - perhaps I'm near a meltdown and have to hurt myself to get through the day sometimes, but I am not tortured.

Catster29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2010, 9:43 pm

Add me all my AS seems to do is get me in trouble one way or another sure I have some friends but in general things are very difficult for me.

Catster29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jan 2010, 9:44 pm

Add me all my AS seems to do is get me in trouble one way or another sure I have some friends but in general things are very difficult for me.

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jan 2010, 1:15 pm

*Posts*
My life just feels so empty and lonely.