Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

I'm using up my vacation time from work and basically all I've done is mope around the house the whole time. Why do I do this? I want to make plans and go to a museum or something but I always find something stupid on the Internet to distract me and next thing I know its almost midnite and I'm falling asleep.

OK I guess thats not really that bad a problem but I had to vent!

06 Dec 2009, 4:30 pm

I also have the same problem but today I am going to a group.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 6:24 pm

:!: I have this problem nearly every day of my life. :!:

I knew AS had certain symptoms that resembled OCD, but recently I'm coming to see more and more how much the autism umbrella also covers elements of ADD. What drives me crazy is how I can focus on something completely irrelevant for hours and waste an entire day, but when it comes to things I really NEED to get done, there's that magnetic aversion that just won't...let...me...get...to...it.

Another day gone and I swore I was going to do something useful today. :oops:

Winter is the worst. It seems like I no more than get out of bed and the sun is going down again. :cry:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 8:16 pm

My particular delusion when I have time off is I'm going to get some of this clutter cleared away. I have big problems with executive dysfunction too. Even if I set to it I'm surprised how quickly I feel drained.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 12:22 am

I have that same problem as well. I make plans to do housework and I end up on WP and YouTube all day long. It gets to be annoying, after a while.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2009, 6:42 pm

Snocone, i didnt know you still went on forums. I remember you from ages ago, when you had a 2-face avatar. I remember you talking about confidence groups you were going to.

SilentScream
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Dec 2009, 7:26 pm

I have this problem. Funny thing is, when I go round to a friend's place, I find it really easy to clear their stuff. It seems as though if I don't have an emotional connection to the stuff, it's easy to do. Plus, it's new to me, as I'm sure I've cleaned my place a few hundred if not a few thousand times.

Do you have a friend who is willing to swop tidying or to join you in mutual tidying sessions for each other?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 8:41 am

Same problem here, and I suspect it's to do with having difficulty making the transition from inside-on-the-computer to outside-and-doing-enjoyable-activities. The only thing that works for me is to set a timer when I'm on the computer and force myself to get off the computer when the timer goes. Alternately, I'll use the computer clock to decide a time to finish, and make myself stick to that. If I go on the computer for "just a little while" rather than a pre-specified amount of time, I can waste hours.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I