WHat kind of people do you dislike the most?

Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 4:27 pm

Who?

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 4:58 pm

Mainly, people who lie and manipulate, and people who abuse animals.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:26 pm

Loud, raunchy people who swear and/or tell dirty jokes. People who call people with disabilities gimps and ret*ds. People who think that they're better than everybody else. Superficial people.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:37 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Loud, raunchy people who swear and/or tell dirty jokes. People who call people with disabilities gimps and ret*ds. People who think that they're better than everybody else. Superficial people.

Thanks for putting that into words. *shudder*

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

29 Dec 2009, 5:45 pm

I can't stand people who feign interest or pretend to care about people, specifically at an extreme level. I understand that common courtesy requires at least a bit of false interest in other people, but past that, stop pretending.

I also dislike people who show lack of consideration to others, in simple ways, ie holding a door when someone is directly behind you, or when someone is being helped at a checkout counter or something and they answer their phone while being helped, stalling the line of people behind them.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 5:46 pm

Bullies.

Marsian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2009, 6:08 pm

People who are popular and good at everything and have perfect houses and perfect children and make perfect eye-contact and exhibit perfect social graces and emotional connections with everyone around them make me want to vomit and I hate them for it. Although actually I'm just jealous!

29 Dec 2009, 6:23 pm

Willard wrote:
Bullies.

And criminals

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 6:27 pm

People who discriminate or persecute because of religious or political views (even Republicans and Christians should have every right to friends)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 6:34 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
People who discriminate or persecute because of religious or political views (even Republicans and Christians should have every right to friends)

Republicans and Christians appear to have all the rights from what I can gather. And giving a political viewpoint is not persecution or discrimination.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 6:34 pm

People who make fun of others because of outward appearances. How petty.

People who think not making eye contact is rude. :roll:

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 6:50 pm

:skull: People who have a duplicitous nature
:skull: Liars
:skull: Cheats
:skull: Those that treat as though you are inferior to them or discriminate against you because of race, gender, religion, academic abilities, disability etc. Anyone who feels they must make distinctions between people in this way have a note of narcissism about them in my opinion, which brings me to my next category of people who I really dislike...
:skull: Narcissistics
:skull: Attention-seekers - some I can cope with, but there are others who do it in a really bad way to the detriment of other people's feelings and I can't tolerate that
:skull: People who expect me to change or not say what I feel, I would never expect that off anyone else so why expect it from me?
:skull: Superficial/false people, although I suppose that can come under 'liars' or those who have a 'duplicitous nature' can't it?
:skull: People who like to bully, threaten or intimidate others to get what they want or simply for pleasure, this to me is an illness that requires psychological attention and a strait-jacket
:skull:

Spokane_Girl wrote:
And criminals
- it depends on the criminal activity. If it only harms the individual, that's their problem e.g. if they take drugs and don't commit drug-related crime that can possibly have an impact on anyone else, I really don't have a problem with it. However, if they do harm others willfully i.e. they are murderers, rapists, paedophiles etc, then yeah, I do have a huge problem with it.
:skull: Ignorance
:skull: Arrogance
:skull: Unnecessary rudeness which, unfortunately, is very common in today's society
:skull: Shallow people

I could go on but I won't.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 6:59 pm

Meadow wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Republicans and Christians appear to have all the rights from what I can gather. And giving a political viewpoint is not persecution or discrimination.

According to the Supreme Court, Christians have very few rights compared to most special interest groups, and are losing more of them all the time.

And I am not a Christian, just observant. The far left has spent decades plastering Christianity with unfair stereotypes in an effort to destroy the influence and voice of moral authority - unfortunately, they have offered nothing but self-serving pseudo-intellectualism with which to replace it. That's been the major factor in the acceleration of the Devolution of Western Society. Humanism has been no substitute for personal ownership of responsibility and obligation to a higher authority.

Religion, with all its flaws, serves a great social function. At the community level, it is the hem that keeps the fabric of civilization from unraveling (we are still not so far from the wolves and the forest and the bandits in the trees).

I stand aside now, so someone can rant about the inquisition, et al, as if these were the only influences Christianity ever had in Western Civilization...

Llama874
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Dec 2009, 7:14 pm

I don't like stupid people. By that, I mean people who don't bother learning anything. The ones who don't care about school and don't have any acedemic curiosity outside of school. The ones that bug me the most are people with puny vocabularies. I lose any respect for anyone who asks me "what does that mean?"

Oh, and I also don't like people who don't care about animals or are very religious. Especially if they use religion to justify why they think animals don't matter.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 7:26 pm

Willard wrote:
Meadow wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

According to the Supreme Court, Christians have very few rights compared to most special interest groups, and are losing more of them all the time.

And I am not a Christian, just observant. The far left has spent decades plastering Christianity with unfair stereotypes in an effort to destroy the influence and voice of moral authority - unfortunately, they have offered nothing but self-serving pseudo-intellectualism with which to replace it. That's been the major factor in the acceleration of the Devolution of Western Society. Humanism has been no substitute for personal ownership of responsibility and obligation to a higher authority.

Religion, with all its flaws, serves a great social function. At the community level, it is the hem that keeps the fabric of civilization from unraveling (we are still not so far from the wolves and the forest and the bandits in the trees).

I stand aside now, so someone can rant about the inquisition, et al, as if these were the only influences Christianity ever had in Western Civilization...

I hope you ARE done with that sermon, and you're entitled to your viewpoint as everyone else is. As hard as I have tried I can't get past what happened to me growing up around church, scripture and religion, though I have tried. I think law functions equally well as with helping to form a civilized society. I find no real use for "religion" because a lot of hypocrites sit in church passing judgment upon others and trying to control others' rights, liberties and freedoms and for that I have a problem with it. But I am not going to try and lecture you about it as I have no such self-righteous attitude to do that with, nor would I want to. It's people who are worried about their souls the most who sit in church and it isn't the sort of company I would wish to be around anyway. Just my opinion and we always have our rights to it.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 7:26 pm

i think i heard there is a school of thought that says Christianity is the biggest influence after greece and rome on our liberal society as it pushed individual thought over being "a cog in the machine" (like a peasant for a lord).

"even Republicans and Christians should have every right to friends"

But didnt Jesus say the world would hate you?