Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 11:34 pm

of being treated like an idiot.

Or a little kid.

When I'm neither.

It's even worse to be treated those ways on the rare occasions when I did something to deserve it.

Or by people who don't have a fraction of the intellectual ability I have.

The world makes me feel like my brain is being electrocuted. For the most part, people don't help.

My girlfriend is awesome though. She makes me feel a lot better. She makes me feel like I'm actually a worthy addition to the Human race. Which is something I haven't felt about myself... well, ever.

Most of the time though, I just wish that when I go to bed, that I'm not going to wake up the next day.

I'm just so so so very tired.

ghostpawn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jun 2010, 12:23 am

You deserve to be surrounded with better people, who appreciate you enough to treat you like a human being.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 1:57 am

ghostpawn wrote:
You deserve to be surrounded with better people, who appreciate you enough to treat you like a human being.

Thank you ghostpawn.

I feel like I fit in more here on WP than in real life.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 2:55 am

I feel this rage building up inside me. More and more often thinking things like, why not walk into traffic? Smash that window? Jump off of this balcony? Yell as loud as I can right into this person's face? Why not why not?

I want to scream and be violent and smash things. All the things I used to have the energy to do. But I don't know why I want to be that way. I never did know. All I know is that I feel so irritated that I want to destroy things.

God damn it, I want to wreck something. Or, alternately, I want to provoke somebody into beating the crap out of me or stabbing me or something. I really don't care which anymore. I would like to start a fight with someone who I know can thrash me. I want to get hurt. And I really want to break something made of glass.

IamTheWalrus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2010, 2:59 am

druidsbird wrote:
I feel this rage building up inside me. More and more often thinking things like, why not walk into traffic? Smash that window? Jump off of this balcony? Yell as loud as I can right into this person's face? Why not why not?

I want to scream and be violent and smash things. All the things I used to have the energy to do. But I don't know why I want to be that way. I never did know. All I know is that I feel so irritated that I want to destroy things.

God damn it, I want to wreck something. Or, alternately, I want to provoke somebody into beating the crap out of me or stabbing me or something. I really don't care which anymore. I would like to start a fight with someone who I know can thrash me. I want to get hurt. And I really want to break something made of glass.

sheesh this is exactly what I often go through and have been through

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 11:45 am

Just life itself can be tiring... :?

I get that way sometimes too. All I'll want to is sleep...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad Wren. :(

Criticism can be hard to take sometimes. Depends on a lot on how the criticizing goes about, but sometimes it can get stuck in one's head and make lie miserable. I've had that happen too many times... I even do it to myself sometimes too.
If you don't mind me asking, was there something specific that set you off like so?

As for your rage, it's not unusual to be angry at life when depressed as well. (Lord knows I smashed up a lots of stuff when I was younger... sometimes I don't even know why I did. Still get those urges sometimes too...)

Maybe you should try doing something different from your usual life to get your mind and body away from the stressful situation for a bit. I know when I'm feeling off I'll go for a long drive somewhere, usually up into the mountains. The openness and scenery usually gets my mind to escape whatever is bothering me long enough to come back more calm and capable.
Give yourself a short, mini-vacation to unwind(if you can't take a longer one though).

I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2010, 2:35 pm

go to a junk yard, fins a old beat car and beat it with a rock! Qhen I get the way you at(with out the girlfriend) I do find things to ruin. a tree in the forest and cut it down. smash an old tv with a bed fram :twisted: find something and get it out! As much as you want to yell or hurt the people around(the bad people) remember this, it used to help me "THEY are ants. they may make friends and they may not have my problems. but I am me. I dont follow others around like an animal. I see things in a new light. the hurt and yell at different. I love and hold the different"

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 11:27 pm

IamTheWalrus wrote:
druidsbird wrote:

sheesh this is exactly what I often go through and have been through

Glad to know I'm not alone.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 12:02 am

Zara wrote:
Just life itself can be tiring... :?

I get that way sometimes too. All I'll want to is sleep...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad Wren. :(

Criticism can be hard to take sometimes. Depends on a lot on how the criticizing goes about, but sometimes it can get stuck in one's head and make lie miserable. I've had that happen too many times... I even do it to myself sometimes too.
If you don't mind me asking, was there something specific that set you off like so?

As for your rage, it's not unusual to be angry at life when depressed as well. (Lord knows I smashed up a lots of stuff when I was younger... sometimes I don't even know why I did. Still get those urges sometimes too...)

Maybe you should try doing something different from your usual life to get your mind and body away from the stressful situation for a bit. I know when I'm feeling off I'll go for a long drive somewhere, usually up into the mountains. The openness and scenery usually gets my mind to escape whatever is bothering me long enough to come back more calm and capable.
Give yourself a short, mini-vacation to unwind(if you can't take a longer one though).

I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

*hugs back Dave*

I guess it was this new guy at work that set me off. He basically told me what a SURPRISE it is to discover that I'm actually SMART, because I pretty much come off as an idiot at first.

I just really didn't need that guy telling me that. Because I already know. I am not capable of the kind of verbal connection that makes a person look smart.

And all the "normal people" in my life, even the ones I'm close to, pretty much treat me the same way. I'm surprised they don't give me kitty treats when I perform cute tricks. Just cause I don't talk very well doesn't mean I'm a dumb animal.

Anyways I've been sick with food poisoning for the past 24 hours or so and all the time passed out in bed has calmed me down a lot. In fact I'll probably go back to bed right now.

Thanks for being there Dave, you're a good friend.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 12:05 am

druidsbird wrote:

Keep posting--you'll always have a home here.

druidsbird wrote:
I feel this rage building up inside me.... God damn it, I want to wreck something. Or, alternately, I want to provoke somebody into beating the crap out of me or stabbing me or something. I really don't care which anymore. I would like to start a fight with someone who I know can thrash me. I want to get hurt. And I really want to break something made of glass.

I get this way too. It's like too much...stuff...builds up and I've just HAD IT with everything. Usually, I lock myself in the bathroom and yell at imaginary versions of whoever's p***ing me off, along with punching the air and pretending it's them.

My bf sometimes gets into his car with the windows up and just SCREAMS.

Both of us usually feel better afterwards.

Don't know if that helps but...just know you're not alone.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 12:06 am

mesona wrote:
"THEY are ants. they may make friends and they may not have my problems. but I am me. I dont follow others around like an animal. I see things in a new light. the hurt and yell at different. I love and hold the different"

This is very helpful mesona, thank you. I'll try to keep that way of looking at things in mind, next time. Thank you so much for your response.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

conundrum wrote:
druidsbird wrote:

Keep posting--you'll always have a home here.

druidsbird wrote:
I feel this rage building up inside me.... God damn it, I want to wreck something. Or, alternately, I want to provoke somebody into beating the crap out of me or stabbing me or something. I really don't care which anymore. I would like to start a fight with someone who I know can thrash me. I want to get hurt. And I really want to break something made of glass.

I get this way too. It's like too much...stuff...builds up and I've just HAD IT with everything. Usually, I lock myself in the bathroom and yell at imaginary versions of whoever's p***ing me off, along with punching the air and pretending it's them.

My bf sometimes gets into his car with the windows up and just SCREAMS.

Both of us usually feel better afterwards.

Don't know if that helps but...just know you're not alone.

Thanks for responding conundrum. You know exactly how I feel.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 1:45 am

You're welcome, druidsbird. Take care, hope you feel better. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 10:02 am

NP Wren. :wink:

Forget that guy. Don't waste your brain power on him.

Food poisoning sucks big time. Rest up then. :)

Take care.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 2:51 pm

I hear you, Sister. I've dealt with the same stuff, when I was your age. Being treated like an idiot, all the time. I got so sick of it, that I've moved out, four years ago, in the fall.

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 5:44 am

druidsbird wrote:
of being treated like an idiot.

Or a little kid.

When I'm neither.

It's even worse to be treated those ways on the rare occasions when I did something to deserve it.

Or by people who don't have a fraction of the intellectual ability I have.

The world makes me feel like my brain is being electrocuted. For the most part, people don't help.

My girlfriend is awesome though. She makes me feel a lot better. She makes me feel like I'm actually a worthy addition to the Human race. Which is something I haven't felt about myself... well, ever.

Most of the time though, I just wish that when I go to bed, that I'm not going to wake up the next day.

I'm just so so so very tired.

I feel exactly the same way quite frequently. And I would go to sleep, almost every night, thinking the same thing about not waking up the next day. Then I met my fiancee, which helped tremendously, and started taking an anti-depressant as well.

I still have the other people around me treating me like crap, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I'm happy with who I am, as is my fiancee, and that is all that matters to me.