Finding it near impossible to get through Senior year of HS.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2010, 7:21 pm

Three weeks in and I fill no better than I did Freshman year, I feel like crap every day and I feel all alone among the 1,800 students that attend my school.

Hopefully it will get a little better

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 7:47 pm

You'll get through it. It may be hard (or it was for me with depression), but you'll make it. For one thing, remember it's your Senior year. That's it - just one year left, and it's all over. Whether you have college for next year or not, you won't see most of those people ever again and you'll have a chance to start over. Something to look forward to.

The main challenge is the stress these stupid teachers try to slam on the students for their "futures". Everyone's also anxious about what they want to do, and focusing on being calm about it all will help with that anxiety. Otherwise if you don't stay calm, the anxiety could cause problems.

If you're planning on doing college next year, then I'd suggest researching what sounds best and what's compatible with you, starting now. It will save a lot of time and problems, once you have to send applications, trust me. I learned that mistake... Then, find scholarships you may apply for. At the very least, try - it's difficult to get the reward (it's usually handpicked out of hundreds or thousands - sometimes randomly), but there's no harm in trying a few and getting it out of the way.

Overall, focus on the primary problems, get them out of the way, and look forward to the end of the year. :) Good luck!

Last edited by Dnuos on 24 Aug 2010, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 8:03 pm

Youll get through it. Also 1800 isnt that much, try 3000 and still being alone.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 8:17 pm

Things get better after high school, trust me :wink:

LayneMeeks
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Aug 2010, 9:08 pm

Don't read too much into the high school experience. In a few years you will be able to laugh it off knowing you are a better, stronger person because of it. The world is cruel but you have already seen 11 years of that no? One more year of that little social experiment and your done. Good luck.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 9:45 pm

Senior year was especially difficult for me because of wondering where I'm going from here, and attempts to understand and talk about the "big picture" stuff with guidance counselors began to interfere with my attendance of morning classes. It was very stressful, and at times I might have seemed a little insane, too!

Mutt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2010, 10:15 pm

Yeah,I'm having the same troubles going through HS Senior year. Sometimes, I read about friendships between teens, or see the way others laugh, and there are times in which I kind of want to be there, laughing over something, but then, I don't understand them again, and I'm happy being by myself. I'm kind of worried that I'm going back into a depression... Well, specially since my parents have been asking me if I'm depressed lately... I can't tell anyway.

Guess it's going to be like any other year, except with more activities, and afterwards... more school.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 1:18 pm

You can do it. College is much better, right Peko? :)

During my senior year, I was determined to get to graduation just so I can sit back and say that I'd never see any of those jerks again. Granted, I still talk to some of the people I went to high school with but I'm a heck of a lot closer with those I am attending college with. There's just a different atmosphere there. Now, there are some stupid people there (i.e. those that will burn their pizza at 3am in the morning causing the fire alarm to go off, waking the entire dorm up) but it's nothing like high school. The jerks that "party hard" will be out of college by the end of their first year.

Kinda went on a rant there...the point being, chin up. There are better times to come! :D

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2010, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the support you guys.

VanessaGoldman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2010, 12:08 pm

just to add to what has already been said here...yes, it does get better after high school or at least it did for me. i went off to college, started exploring the big wide world outside of the conservative suburb where i grew up, started learning new and exciting things that weren't taught in high school, and meeting interesting people.

even then it was not always easy, but little by little my life has gotten better and better. now i am on the faculty of the world renowned University of Michigan and i have such a great sense of accomplishment and purpose in life. i look back on high school and wonder why i ever bothered investing so much emotional energy into it all. i have a good life now, at least as good as any of the "cool kids" i went to high school with, and probably much better than at least some of them.

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Nov 2010, 5:44 am

I seem to be having more trouble lately

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 12:13 am

With Christmas and Easter holidays, you only have about six months worth left of high school then it gets better from there. I made better friends in college than I did in high school. You meet many interesting people in college. I met my best friend in college. We are still close and talk alot. He is from El Salvador.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2010, 1:16 am

If you think you're smart enough, just get your GED and be done with highschool. Getting a GED is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.