Why do I attract bullies?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

dark4181
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Oct 2010, 10:59 pm

We all attract bullies. In my experience, ignoring them doesn't work at all (as suggested by Tony Attwood in his book.)

The only real way to stop them is to work out every day, become a ripped bodybuilder/martial artist, and beat the snot out of them if they cross y-- I mean, intimidate them with your well-honed physique.

In other words, make incurring your wrath the most distasteful option ;)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 9:29 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Too cute to hate. :heart:

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 9:33 am

dark4181 wrote:
We all attract bullies. In my experience, ignoring them doesn't work at all (as suggested by Tony Attwood in his book.)

The only real way to stop them is to work out every day, become a ripped bodybuilder/martial artist, and beat the snot out of them if they cross y-- I mean, intimidate them with your well-honed physique.

In other words, make incurring your wrath the most distasteful option ;)

I doubt I could be as strong as a guy but I have thought about getting a punching bag and boxing the crap out of it. Maybe release my penned up anger in a non-damaging way. Most of the bullying I get is through a psychological warfare. There's also a lot of manipulation that goes on and I don't know how to handle or know whether or not that person is being truly genuine or playing mind games. I just wish I was witty combative enough through words rather than having to irrationally react from fear.

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2010, 10:41 am

RossIsCool wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
I thought after highschool it was over with. I know I get them at working places but nothing as personal as facebook. I could be wrong but they weren't as bad. Now I got people "kicking my ass" or telling me to go to hell or accusing me of stalking them even if I tell them I was just joking around. What the hell is this? I'm not sure what I did to deserve it. I don't chat much and yet I see the same people doing the same crap to me. I've not even mentioned them.

Am I the only one who's taking this crap?

Yeah, maybe you should start worrying about the REAL problems in life, instead of some stupid troll ont he internet. You're overthinking it waaaaaaaay too much, which makes you look like a creep. But its typical behavior for an asspee, so you are not alone

Overthinking? No. If you don't think about, resolution is much more difficult. If you don't think about it and put it aside, then you just dwell and dwelling leads to fear. No, it's good that you talk about it and THINK about it. Hopefully that way can find a way to resolve it.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 1:34 pm

RossIsCool wrote:
Yeah, maybe you should start worrying about the REAL problems in life, instead of some stupid troll ont he internet. You're overthinking it waaaaaaaay too much, which makes you look like a creep. But its typical behavior for an asspee, so you are not alone

Are you dumbing down OPs feelings like they are pethetic and drama loaded? To add to that, you call the OP a "creep", when she's claiming to be a victim of bullying. :) In my oppinion, you had "what's your problem" comming a little.

Missconstrue

I swear, it's like some bullies are magnet reactions. I wish I knew how else to cope with it to, besides useing my super angry stances. There's only so much bull a person can stand, so I don't think anyone should "take it in" for too long either.

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 23 Oct 2010, 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2010, 2:33 pm

Quote:
Why do I attract bullies?

Because you are attractive.

IndispensablePG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2010, 2:56 pm

I know how the game works.

Basicially, to them, you come across as an easy target. As long as you react to their pisstakes they'll keep doing it. They don't care about your feelings as you're living in another city to them.

Ignoring them is hard to do, but it's your only best option. If you can't play on their field, keep blocking them until they get bored. I put down and have been put down by the internet for a long time now. Some days I'll win, some days I'll lose.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:59 am

IndispensablePG wrote:
I know how the game works.

Basicially, to them, you come across as an easy target. As long as you react to their pisstakes they'll keep doing it. They don't care about your feelings as you're living in another city to them.

Ignoring them is hard to do, but it's your only best option. If you can't play on their field, keep blocking them until they get bored. I put down and have been put down by the internet for a long time now. Some days I'll win, some days I'll lose.

Thanks.

It's hard not to react but I can see how that would work into their scheme of motives.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 4:31 pm

If not don't mind me saying, MissConstrue, I've noticed myself having always having the so-called tyrants tending to come in alignment with myself such as you have.Honestly, I feel that like myself you don't actively seek out people to be tormented as such and anyone whom would make such a conjecture does not see all things in a unbiased manner.
I'm not sure as to how to deal with such "Tyrants" for, it can very from situation to situation though, I'd try to do whatever you feel is right and just within your own mind...