Has anyone else admitted to yourself that you are weird?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 8:09 pm

I don't see why I should see my weirdness as 'wrong' I got crap my whole life for everything that was 'wrong' about me...I never really had friends and one time my mom even said 'well its probably your fault' it was frusterating because I had no idea what I was doing that was 'wrong'. Personally I think people need to chill and just be more accepting of who people are.

Sure there are some negative things I have admitted about myself that I do attempt to change, it does not always work...but I don't think my entire existance is 'wrong' and needs to be completely changed.

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 8:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I don't see why I should see my weirdness as 'wrong' I got crap my whole life for everything that was 'wrong' about me...I never really had friends and one time my mom even said 'well its probably your fault' it was frusterating because I had no idea what I was doing that was 'wrong'. Personally I think people need to chill and just be more accepting of who people are.

Sure there are some negative things I have admitted about myself that I do attempt to change, it does not always work...but I don't think my entire existance is 'wrong' and needs to be completely changed.

I don't think your existence is by any means wrong.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2011, 8:50 pm

KevinLA wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I don't think your existence is by any means wrong.

Neither do I, but the point was I don't see my being weird as something that needs to be changed. I finally just had to accept that about myself...instead of beating myself up over it and trying to force myself to change things that cannot really be changed.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 3:08 am

leejosepho wrote:
Note: Here is all of that in different words if you might happen to have any religious leaning ...

"For the weapons we fight with are not fleshly but [are] mighty in Elohim for overthrowing [evil] strongholds, overthrowing [wrong] reasonings and every high matter that exalts itself against the knowledge of Elohim, taking captive every thought to make it obedient [by doing as we actually should] ..."
(2 Corinthians 10:4-6)

Interesting quote. It's about meditation, right? How cool.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 3:45 am

Moog wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Note: Here is all of that in different words if you might happen to have any religious leaning ...

"For the weapons we fight with are not fleshly but [are] mighty in Elohim for overthrowing [evil] strongholds, overthrowing [wrong] reasonings and every high matter that exalts itself against the knowledge of Elohim, taking captive every thought to make it obedient [by doing as we actually should] ..."
(2 Corinthians 10:4-6)

Interesting quote. It's about meditation, right? How cool.

Yes, and it can be quite comprehensive.

KevinLA wrote:
I am going to focus more on changing my actions instead of my thoughts.

Where change is desired, that is a great way to proceed. A new philosophy (approach to life) can at times be beneficial, but "the proof is in the pudding", so to speak, after we take action against our old thinking.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2011, 5:06 am

Yeah I have. It wasn't until I was about 20 though, when I started my site.

Djn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2011, 5:53 am

Djn wrote:
However, admitting to yourself that you have crazy thoughts and feelings is not easy.

I agree with you. It's not easy. I'm going through a period of re-evaluation of myself. I spent a lot of my adult life, trying to fool myself and others that I was not different. It's hard to admit that I have severe limitations.

I wanted to add that I've read a lot of posts from people with a good attitude, and its nice to read. That's why we found this site, to share with each other rather than be our own little islands in an NT world.

Mark 8:36

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2011, 10:55 am

Of course I'm weird, and others tell me that. Hence the moniker "TheWeirdPig."

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

"Crazy thoughts" and "being weird" can be two separate things.

For instance, many women who have "crazy thoughts" (and by this I mean paranoid thoughts of what others think of them, or whether a BF is cheating, not based on any reality but instead on their own fabrications of the mind) don't recognize that they have "crazy thoughts".

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 4:14 pm

I don't think that I need to change. Nor do I think that there's anything wrong with me for acting the way I do. However, I am wierd. Quite glad I am too.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2011, 4:19 pm

KevinLA wrote:
They say an alcoholic can only begin to get better only after admitting they are an alcoholic.

It is the same with admitting that is something very wrong with you think and act.

However, admitting to yourself that you have crazy thoughts and feelings and that you need to change is not easy.

I had to admit to myself that the way I think and act is wrong. I have improved myself, but it is a tough road. The hardest parts is ignoring
the crazy and weird feelings and thoughts you have.

I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

I can relate. But whereas I do have a hard time acting normally in spite of my naturally weird thought pattern, I don't seem to have the same sense of guilt you do. I don't feel there's anything really wrong.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

thats popsturuos i'm as normal as charlie sheene
mansin
chocolate factory