I feel like a horrible person

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 8:21 pm

I have bipolar disorder, so depression used to be a very familiar feeling for me. Life has been hard but manageable recently, but I ran out of my medication and while it's only been 3 days, it was at a very sensitive time and things are starting to overwhelm my defenses.

- Tomorrow I'm taking my cat, who I've had for 7 years and love dearly, to her new home in a new city where I will never see her again.
- I'm transgendered and since I told my family, they all treat me differently. They're just not there for me - I needed someone to drive me and my cat to her new home and my sister's response was "Well, I don't have anything to do that day, but I want to keep it open just in case." I have to move soon and my family won't help me.
- I'm trying to get into a certain program at my university as a major, and my marks aren't as high as they need to be. I just don't seem to be good enough at it.

All of this was also true yesterday, but I didn't feel this bad. Today I just feel like, why bother? If this gets much worse, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Can anyone who's not stuck in this give me some insight on how to think about it differently?

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 1:23 am

I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time. Life is a bastard, but its also beautiful at the same time. If you have run out of medicine for your bipolar condition you should probably see a doctor right away. Quitting medicines for mood disorders abruptly can be dangerous. It will be hard being in a new city, but you can use the internet to find therapy and support groups. Those things don't always pan out immeadiately but will be rewarding in you stick with them. Hope this advice helps. There are also probably classes you can take in the meantime to strentgthen your marks if need be.