Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 6:17 am

Is anyone having communication issues on Facebook. These days I couldn't kept seeing Facebook as a real world thing because of amount of likes your friends to you. I have issues understanding the difference of Facebook and in reality. I can judge the difference of how my friends communicate with me, especially more inclusively more in reality, but on Facebook they mostly not.

I know that I have offended them that I wasn't caring friend to understand their feelings and such. I believe this is a common sympathetic thing from us Aspies. So I did apologised and everything. Sometimes I made suicidal posts on Facebook because I feel down and depressed as the trigger came from being isolated socially and that. I do post sensitive things especially trying to express my feelings, but I ain't get any attention. I have over 400 friends, mostly family and lot of friends who do talk to me in reality.

I don't understand why the society make a judgment difference between Facebook and in reality. Those events RSVPs numbers is annoying because the numbers never right in reality. I have trouble expressing how caring friend I am, since that ASD impacts on that ability. My friends told me they are trying their best to communicate with me. So it does seem clashing between, since they told me that they are coping their personal issues as well. All of my friends are NTs though, and still mental health issues is prevalent among of them. They are studying at university and are in early career life.

So people used to like my posts, and comments them commonly in the past, but now days is bleak and feeling weird because of no responses. I always post good things, like things I am passionate, share photos of myself and the travels I went on. I compare to myself to other friends' posts and photos. They attract lots of likes and attention, but always me is not getting much.

Is it ASD thing that make Facebook an unfriendly environment?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2016, 8:27 pm

Hi Ecomatt91,

It's nice to meet you. I hope you're having a good day.

Facebook can be very shallow, superficial, and has many attention-seekers. If you like or share someone's post or make a comment, some people will feel the need to reciprocate and do the same for you ... particularly if what you say is upbeat, positive, humorous, or a cute cat video.

My guess is that people might be afraid of your suicidal posts. People don't like to hear bad, sad, scary, or otherwise negative news ... that can make them avoid you. People might also feel really awkward reading your "sensitive things" ... they might think it's "too much information" that's better kept private ... or at least, not posted publicly on the Internet for the whole entire world to see.

You say you have friends to communicate with outside of Facebook? Good for you. In that case, maybe turn off the computer and spend some good quality time with your friends instead.

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2016, 11:32 am

Honestly, the best thing is to use facebook as little as possible or not at all. Social media in general is one of the #1 triggers for a lot of people and it hardly does any good. As the_pheonix mentioned, it's very superficial and shallow.