Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

10 Feb 2012, 10:40 pm

Ever do something you thought was positive but ended full of regret? Thats pretty much my life. whatever few "positive" thing just end up adding more pain further on. I almost dont even want positive things anymore knowing theyll just turn sour. I dont know what to do anymore if if i should even bother trying to fix anything knowing nothing will be fixed.



hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,054
Location: None

10 Feb 2012, 11:11 pm

I'm sorry mate.

I know that feeling.

*hugs*



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,065
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

10 Feb 2012, 11:25 pm

Sweet Pea hugsImage


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

18 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

whats the acceptance of stooping below your level at a chance at being happy?



Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

18 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm

I have kind of accepted it - there's no point in getting to excited about things that may be positive. Too often it ends in disappointment. I try to keep my emotions as level as possible; avoiding the highs and lows.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 42,311
Location: Stendec

18 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

MXH wrote:
Ever do something you thought was positive but ended full of regret? Thats pretty much my life. whatever few "positive" thing just end up adding more pain further on. I almost dont even want positive things anymore knowing theyll just turn sour. I dont know what to do anymore if if i should even bother trying to fix anything knowing nothing will be fixed.

I know ... trying to help people out of their misery, only to discover that they would rather be miserable really sucks.



emlion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,641

18 Feb 2012, 1:35 pm

actually. nvm. lol.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,158
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

18 Feb 2012, 1:37 pm

Yeah I know the feeling, like when I try and make peace, keep the peace or settle an issue, whether it's IRL with family and friends or online.......and usually things just escalate and I end up feeling bad for pissing everyone off. Certainly can add to those feelings of 'what's the point.' Anyways sorry that i am not sure how to cope with this in a healthy way so cannot offer much helpful advice I wish I could. but maybe its comforting to know you're not the only one who deals with that sort of thing.



MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

18 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

Well by the vast range in replies not just here but in general that are nowhere near what ive felt I have to say operation vague rant was a success



CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,028
Location: Manchester, UK.

18 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

I couldn't make sense of your post but I guess it's better to be emotionally inept then to experience extreme pain and ecstasy.

That is what you are saying, right?



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,158
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

18 Feb 2012, 2:44 pm

I thought I got what was being said and seemed to be something I could relate to, sorry if I am one of the people who posted something nowhere near what you felt.



MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

18 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
I couldn't make sense of your post but I guess it's better to be emotionally inept then to experience extreme pain and ecstasy.

That is what you are saying, right?

what about being in pain only?

its ok SL, what counts is you seem to care



Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,843
Location: Ontario, Canada

18 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Some things can be fixed. I don't know if you meant physical or depression pain; I've fought depression for years and almost given up many times, but things have slowly gotten better. Maybe not happiness, but not pain either.



marshall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,752
Location: Turkey

19 Feb 2012, 9:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
MXH wrote:
Ever do something you thought was positive but ended full of regret? Thats pretty much my life. whatever few "positive" thing just end up adding more pain further on. I almost dont even want positive things anymore knowing theyll just turn sour. I dont know what to do anymore if if i should even bother trying to fix anything knowing nothing will be fixed.

I know ... trying to help people out of their misery, only to discover that they would rather be miserable really sucks.

What makes you so sure people just "want to be miserable"? Seriously, get real. Not everything is a matter of will power. Some people are miserable not because of the problems they face but because their own mental biochemistry attacks them without remorse. Maybe depressed people would have a little more strength to face their problems if they weren't forced into believing they were just lazy, weak, or self-willing themselves to be unhappy.



goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 785
Location: Interplanetary

19 Feb 2012, 11:10 pm

MXH, I can't state that I know exactly how you feel because for you it seems like it may be worse, but I have done things I thought were positive and ended up making things much worse.

I've lost online friendships because I was honest and tried to be caring. I've scared people away with my honesty and with things that I've shared.

Sometimes I think it would be better to just be stoic; to not feel anything at all.


_________________
Aspie score: 161 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 38 of 200
Autistic/BAP -123 aloof, 124 rigid and 108 pragmatic
Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19


snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,328

20 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

Sounds like your expectations aren't in sync with reality.