Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cursedone12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2012, 11:04 am

A few months ago on this forum, I posted a series of threads containing the bashing of my friends, and endless bitching about not being able to attain the life (i thought) i desired. I just want to apoligize for dumping that on all of you. I feel like a jerk for acting like my problems were the worst that any human ever had ever experienced.

I figured out that noone was actually judging me, at least not recently, and the ones that were were only doing so bc a guy I thought was my friend was pouring bull**** down their throats about me being "ret*d" and apparently made them think i was saying bad things about them,and telling them all my personal information. That is what turned all those idiots against me.

Ironically, I once invited him to hang out with another friend of mine, a hippie-type guy who is very well respected in the community. His response was: "I think I'll keep my standards for who I hang out with". He must mean that this guy is above his standards, idk. Idc.

This enlightened me to the fact that he had a skewed view of reality, and immediately erased all value his opinions had in my mind. I could tell by the things he would say that he was kind of stupid, but his ability to get girls to listen to his advice had me confused. All the girls cut ties with him, eventually though. So that chapter is over.

I've learned to be more grateful for the friends I do have, and the good things that have happened in my life. I just try to get the most out of it that I can. I went tailgating at an SEC football game, and met a guy who told me that i "looked bored", and that i should "find my niche" and not "change myself" while remarking that I was "really smart" he had a friend like me who found great success in information systems technology. And no, i didn't detect the "sarcastic" or "pity" vibe.

If that isn't the most enlightening experience I've ever had, I don't know what is.

IF

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

I forgive you. You can come here and vent any time you want. This is what The Haven is for. 8)

cursedone12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

Thanks for the support CockneyReb, as your idols The Kinks once said "Things are getting better"

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

23 Mar 2012, 11:57 am

Welcome to WP!! There is alot of emptying our spleen going on this site...partly it is a social network, but it is also a huge support group. You are welcome to let loose the things that bother you...no appologies needed.

Jojo

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2012, 12:27 pm

No need to apologize at all! That being said, i am super happy to hear of your internal progress.

[And kudos going to an SEC game...there are tens of thousands of humans at those events! I would have a meltdown for sure. :lol: ]