Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 12:50 am

Where I'm so overwhelmed by everything that I'm having a hard time refraining from slamming my head against the corner or edge of something, just so I can escape my own mind with unconsciousness.

Being dumped and being apparently unemployable despite my degrees/accomplishments, it's becoming frustrating to the point that I don't know how to make myself feel better.

It's probably time to listen to some classical while playing random flash games online.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 1:08 am

DNForrest wrote:
Where I'm so overwhelmed by everything that I'm having a hard time refraining from slamming my head against the corner or edge of something, just so I can escape my own mind with unconsciousness.

Being dumped and being apparently unemployable despite my degrees/accomplishments, it's becoming frustrating to the point that I don't know how to make myself feel better.

It's probably time to listen to some classical while playing random flash games online.

I generally don't post in this forum because I am not good at moral support. However I wish to attempt to extend it to you anyway. I will refrain from writing a list of reasons why your situation is not hopeless (as is my natural inclination to do) because I've been told that most people in such situations as you are do not want to hear such lists (though I don't understand why). And so I will simply acknowledge that I've read your post and I am sure your situation will improve in time.

MisterLi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2012, 4:07 am

Heya,

Listen, I'm not going to spout platitudes to you. I'm going to tell you what works for me when I found myself in your position.

Go and do something over which you have 100% control, that you like doing and that taps your creative/productive urge.

Speaking for myself, when I do that - regardless of my circumstances in the NT world - I feel better. It's also under these circumstances that I tend to do things that the NT world finds astonishing. not realizing that they are the sole source of the frustration that gave rise to the accomplishment in the first place! I mean, what irony, that the product of dealing with failure in the NT world results in something that derives approbation from the NT world. I temper this with the fact that the accomplishment ends with the product - there is normally no further social progress for the author. Sad but true. ASD people are loved by society for what they can do, not for who they are.

So, my advice is go accomplish something - it's self-affirming, productive, gets your mind off of what you cannot control and it just might result in something that some NT somewhere finds impressive enough to cut you a break. At the very least it's a great distraction and alternative to paralysis and depression, where I sense you are heading.

P.S. Next time you broadcast that you're unhappy, give us a means to help out. Why not also tell us what you CAN do and what you DO have to offer as a mate. You never know...someone interesting may spring to action :)

Best of luck.

Mister Li