scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 2061 of 2211 [ 35361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2058, 2059, 2060, 2061, 2062, 2063, 2064 ... 2211  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:25 pm

cberg wrote:
Sorry about the messy quotes, I'm just really tired of Sly typecasting me as a belligerent extreme leftist anarchist. I'm a civil engineering software nut. I like civility & order as much as the next guy, but since I don't vote fascist suddenly I'm a dangerous thought criminal bent on sly's demise or some s**t.

-4. That's lame.

No worries, I was genuinely confused to the point I didn't have room for any other feeling except 'guh?'

I'm tired of the constant victim-playing too, it's like the intention is to make everyone who's ever expressed disagreement start walking on egg-shells to avoid inflicting more hurt feelings.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:31 pm

I have nothing against “new” members. I was once “new” myself. I interpreted Tusken’s post wrongly.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:36 pm

6:36AM -- Hungry but preoccupied.

+4/-3, +2/+2, +¼/-3... Because I'm losing momentum. I've yet to finish the laundry.
And I couldn't seem to get over that I brought a rotten egg from the convenience store. :yuck:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:42 pm

Rotten eggs suck!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 5:43 pm

cberg wrote:
Sorry about the messy quotes, I'm just really tired of Sly typecasting me as a belligerent extreme leftist anarchist. I'm a civil engineering software nut. I like civility & order as much as the next guy, but since I don't vote fascist suddenly I'm a dangerous thought criminal bent on sly's demise or some s**t.

-4. That's lame.

So you’re saying I’m fascist?
And you wonder why I get upset and say what I say.
The irony of claiming I’m thought police when you and others attack people who disagree with you and call them fascists, Nazis, white supremist, etc.

I don’t give two s**ts if you would want to elect Kim Jim ung as president I just don’t want to be attacked for voting for trump or anyone else.

Put yourself self in my shoes. Or benders shoes, pepes shoes, wolfram shoes, isa shoes, mag as shoes etc. how’d you feel being attacked and called horrible things because you disagree with people.

They calling me far or alt right now because they can’t get away with nazi, racist, right-wing, it’s same thing, they also call us white supremist.
It only does it hurt me and others it devalues those words and belittles their victims. Some of us know actual holocaust survives and to compare what they went through to having a president of a different party you oppose is horrible.

Most anyone would call me leftist outside if wp. Any real right leaning person would call me leftist. I consider myself centrist but most my positions tend to far on what people would call the left. I, a registered Democrat. Many democrats have left the party. One can be left and dislike what the left and democrat party is becoming.

But hey if being anti violence makes me far right then so be it.
If being against bullying makes me far right then so be it
If being against hate make right then so be it
If being against assault makes me far right then so be it.
If the alternative is to supoort the above then I’d rather be far right.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 6:47 pm

Got a couple things done tdy and gonna do a couple more. Kind of a bummer that I can’t go to my dad’s uncle’s funeral that just passed (old age, he was 99) due to the Interior Health Ministry’s covid protocols that limit the number of guests Even though there are a couple more spaces because of people that can’t make it - they have a no substitutions rule. They authorized the initial guest list and won’t consider allowing anyone else to go if ppl can’t make it Even If they live in the same household as other attendees like I do. Oh well. I’ll have my own moment of prayer and reflection for Uncle Ron. 8) He was a guy many here would have really liked to have met - natural born artist and engineer. He painted pictures, built machines, built a miniature steam engine train about 4-5’ long that ran on tracks through his garden etc. 8)

sly279 wrote:
But hey if being anti violence makes me far right then so be it.
If being against bullying makes me far right then so be it
If being against hate make right then so be it
If being against assault makes me far right then so be it.
If the alternative is to supoort the above then I’d rather be far right.

:chin: Since trump is pro all of those things you say you’re against, how can you support trump? :?

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:20 pm

This is the haven and for everyone.

Can people refrain from being unkind to others.

I am feeling about a -4 due to people taking advantage of others reactions.

Baiting here is just so wrong.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:28 pm

Is that directed at me? :?

It’s a legitimate question and curiosity.

6.5. Down .5 for being accused of being unkind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:43 pm

Tem is a smart lady who deserves better than watching petty political arguments.

The Haven is no place to ask political questions.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:52 pm

I do like it that you paraphrased Persephone, a political “opponent.”

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 7:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I do like it that you paraphrased Persephone, a political “opponent.”

It might come as a shock to some posters here, but there's posters whom I disagree with that I'm actually fond of.

Further, I don't usually take a dramatically different tact when 'correcting' posters I generally agree with but disagree on a particular matter. I guess it doesn't count as bullying when Goldy and I are harsh with each other because neither of us creates a thread moping about how we were wronged.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 08 Jul 2020, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:03 pm

-15 sick again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:05 pm

I’m sorry you’re not feeling well.

I haven’t seen you much recently.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:09 pm

Yeah I always imagined tem and isa wearing SS uniforms :roll: :roll:
Alt right being well know for their calls for peace. :roll: :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:12 pm

sly279 wrote:
Yeah I always imagined tem and isa wearing SS uniforms :roll: :roll:

I'm unfamiliar with either of their political views, but hey, I guess I'm also responsible for the posts of people besides myself. :?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 8:12 pm

You’re overdoing it.....

Tem doesn’t express political views; neither does Isa.