scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 2139 of 2211 [ 35361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2136, 2137, 2138, 2139, 2140, 2141, 2142 ... 2211  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 5:28 pm

At my typical 7.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 9:17 pm

IsabellaLinton,

A lot of people tend to assume they get seasonal influenza when they don't. Its R0 is quite low so there's never really that many cases, and it generally puts people in bed for a few days with a high fever, and you'll feel worse than what COVID-19 feels like as long as you don't get to the severe stage (severe seasonal will feel similar though). Some people feel off for weeks afterwards. The highly pathogenic avian influenza viruses kill people quite quickly. It's somewhat opposite to a coronavirus that tends to be more prolonged but overall less severe, even if they can be severe. The issue with a sarbecovirus like SARS-CoV-2 [and especially SARS], is that they have this weird fork in the road where the symptoms aren't that bad for several days, but then you can get a systemic cytokine release syndrome when antibodies are made (I kinda have an idea for why that is, but that's lecturing material). Kids tend handle coronaviruses well as they have better innate immunity, along with less repeated exposure to other coronaviruses so original antigenic sin won't show up as much (lecturing material there again). It'd depend on the immunosuppressants. B-cell depleting stuff tends to be an issue as you need them to clear the virus (the one drug that'll help my mother's illness, but she now can't take it). T-cell depleting stuff doesn't seem as bad there. She'll almost certainly be fine, and the recent vaccine will help, but yeah, I'd be a wreck of worry there. Hoping she's good. I worry about my mother (early 60s), though she'll likely be fine, and the virus won't take her out (just going by numbers). I worry about someone else, but she'd be fine. Worry goes as it goes.

The reactogenicity of the vaccines will likely be quite higher so soon after an infection. So a higher chance of bad side-effects. I'd consider an infection as a vaccine, as it's what it is, and a failure to seroconvert can happen after either.

-5 or something

Not a fan of the memories. Feeling selfish for missing what I lost so much.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm

I'd put this in a spoiler for Dillogic, but I don't know how. :oops:

Her meds (3):
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6971722/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6934028/

Sorry that second link was general info.

This is the third med:

https://arthritis-research.biomedcentra ... 017-1393-y

Thanks for the info.

My mother is also high risk with cancer, in her 80s, living alone.

I'm feeling -4

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 12:37 am

IsabellaLinton,

Hydroxychloroquine: might help a tiny bit via inhibiting Cathepsin L, so spike processing might be slower
Azathioprine/Prednisolone: will likely hurt a bit, but overall not much; the good news is that kids on immunosuppressants don't seem to be much different compared to those that aren't, which might point to things about the cause of severe disease, and I don't think it's all to do with innate immunity (that's another lecture zone that I'll spare everyone)

I'd cautiously monitor, note time of symptom onset and then watch the progression carefully as the days go on. Symptoms getting worse or new concerning ones as it goes on are what you watch for (it should stay fairly stable throughout the week, just with the usual ups and downs throughout the day, which you likely experienced), along with what most would know, like marked weakness, shortness of breath, really high fever, and/or altered mental status. Pulse oximeter. Her doctor knowing she has it and informing them if there's anything you're worried about. Things like altered mental status, low 02, and/or marked weakness are hospital time. Fluids, rest and all the rest. This is just me, a professional autistic.

I sometimes feel I'm lucky that I'm a broken mess, as I'd worry far too much if I had children. Sorry for you there.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 12:49 am

Thank you again. You've given me a lot of good information and I really appreciate the time you've taken to reply.

My daughter is 25, so I don't know if her age makes a difference.

My own pulse ox got to 90-91 at its worst but is generally about 94-95 today. Hers is around 94 as well I think.

Mental status has been fine for both of us apart from brain fog and lethargy.

She has a bunch of other meds too but I don't think any of them affect immunity.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:44 am

No bother. I type quickly and can recall what I've read, and others might find it useful all the same. I have far too much SARS-CoV-2 info in my brain (far, far too much).

20s seem to be alright too on oral immunosuppressants as far as I've read (and the hazard ratios aren't much higher when they group ages together for adults). 90-91 was getting a little low, but if not sustained, then it'd be alright; the issue there is that sometimes you might not be sure if it'll continue downwards, so someone else keeping on eye on you helps in those instances. Mental status is a good indicator for any CNS issues, like infection or stroke, which can rarely happen.

-8 or something.

My mother just had a tonic clonic seizure (49 seconds), so yeah. Not a fun evening again. She said I'm strong, but I have no idea what that means; it's just what you do, and it's not me that's going through it. If I were strong I wouldn't get so upset internally.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 1:53 am

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your mother's seizure. I hope she feels better with some rest. My daughter has Epilepsy as well as the immune issues. I've had two strokes. We're all fun and games here it seems -- keeping ourselves on our toes for each other.

I understand about seeming strong to others but just wanting to shut down so you can feel. Hang in there.

Time for my sedatives so I bid you a good night!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 3:32 am

Thanks. Here's hoping for both you and your daughter. It's from a rather punishing condition with lots of suffering, along with uncertainty. Attacks of painful muscle spasms and dysautonomia lead into them. It's one of those, you die within several months, or you suffer with sudden death hovering over you daily, conditions. The seizures aren't much of an issue overall, but it's just something new (likely a bad omen). I gained understanding from it, along with acceptance, as it was needed there. Apparently so. I can deal with my wounds, conditions and pain (carried them for most of my life), but it's far harder when it comes to loved ones (which is like two people for me, and one of them might or might not be a figment of my imagination depending which side of my brain is thinking, lol).

I appear as a rock, but I don't feel it. Maybe I am with her, because how you behave kinda determines who you are.

Heh. Seems like sleep doesn't come easy around these parts.

-7, 'cause I'm laughing about a few things here, as I'd rather focus on the absurd.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 3:44 am

I'll go with the absurd and say that I have two loved ones, because I'd rather life be that way. Thanks.

+1

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 4:03 am

Idk...10,1,5 what does it matter...what's the point...

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 5:30 am

4. Just heavy and hopeless feelings.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 7:24 am

+1 still, as even though ma, I like absurd.

I didn't sell my pre-1900 antique [functional] revolvers, which I guess is something. I "only" have a few, because expensive, but I didn't avoid everything. I guess that's something. Psychiatrist would have been happy there, not with the rest though. Funny how when I put a knife through my hand when palm reading incorrectly I didn't have any negative connotations there afterwards with knives (the same knife is on my desk, and yep, shaving arm hair just fine). I guess that's just the way pain goes. Maladaptive avoidance is just kicking the empty shot up can down the road.

Said psychiatrist probably would have been thinking about me with SARS-CoV-2 going around, as I remember once he thought of me when he was on some tour in Rome and the bus had to quarantine for basic seasonal influenza. Quite an interesting thing to pop into your psychiatrist's head and to be associated with. He'd probably be happy with me there all the same with being somewhat reasonable with SARS-CoV-2 considering how bad my OCD was at one point in my life.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2022, 2:39 pm

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 2:54 pm

6. My head is kinda fukked up today. Too much :coffee: , junk food. I must have had some kind of Blood sugar rush. :(

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 3:07 pm

7. Momentary fukk up . (that was a few hours ago i felt like that. )feeling better. Energy and clearheadedness has come back. Coffee is a double edged sword.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

6. Okay, now i'm feelin fukked up again,headache isn't going away. :coffee: :hic: