scale of -10 to +10, how do you feel right now?

Page 2076 of 2211 [ 35361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2073, 2074, 2075, 2076, 2077, 2078, 2079 ... 2211  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2020, 12:20 am

-3 Probably just have a bit of a cold, but it’s affecting my breathing a bit, so I’m slightly worried it might be COVID. I really, really don’t want to have to live through that, or have more long-term health effects from it than I already have from chemo. My mom insists I don’t need a test to make sure because I’ve only been out of the house for medical appointments, and I couldn’t possibly have picked it up there :roll: So I have to just wait and hope I don’t become seriously ill and am not putting anyone else at risk.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2020, 2:32 pm

At my typical 7.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2020, 2:40 pm

Again at my typical 7.

Reichardt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Nov 2020, 12:44 am

3. Have been out of work for 3 weeks and my sleep cycle's done a total 180.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 1:36 pm

Something a-ok, something annoying and something troublesome.
Neither positive nor negative.

Haven 101 from yours truly; :P

In order to, well, 'make this person deal with whatever he or she is ranting or crying about', you first calm them down.

Put them in state that doesn't make one fly off the handle.
Do not simply express your own impatience or annoyance towards their flight -- changes it is not the right place for it.

It can be done in many ways, one is sympathy without having it to bordering to pity -- pity is not very respectful and pity is a form of enabling.
To be sympathetic is simple; express the feelings with them -- not at them.

Another is assurances that assures it can be done and one had gone through it -- the feeling of understanding or just less alone -- while doesn't dismiss an individual circumstance.

One form is to be present for the individual in question.
A simple greeting, or a casual question that engages them perhaps, either assures them or distracts them from the source distress, until they're ready to go beyond.

Cheering one up in context of jokes had to be explicitly done with already known references concerning both parties. :P

Solution based is done best if explicit questions are involved, with the need for assurances are solved -- or that solution based replies are what assures the individual in question.

And certain projections are best done to those who struggles with expressions and reflection, usually cued by confusion or inquiry.

Revise/apply at your own discretion.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 7:51 pm

At a 6.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 6:30 pm

Caroline20
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 6:53 pm

-15. Because I feel depressed about being at home all the time.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 9:43 pm

-5 Four nights in a row of terrible sleep due to horrible joint pain (probably from chemo), last night I actually slept decently, but I’m still exhausted today. Also dreading chemo again on Thursday, but at least it will (hopefully) be my last one. Really not looking forward to the taste it usually puts in my mouth for several days, or more chest and joint pain. I could say “Well, it is keeping me alive,” but I’m not so sure I’m happy about that. I think I reached my expiration date years ago, and now I’m just like that container of mystery leftovers hiding in the back of the refrigerator, clearly not good anymore but somehow managing not to be thrown away.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm

-5 Fed up with everything!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 4:46 pm

At my typical 7.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2020, 7:45 pm

0, have my fingers crossed that chemo might not hit me so hard this time, and knowing it’s probably my last one. Not looking forward to the extreme fatigue I hear comes from radiation, but at least it’ll be in place of the grab-bag of chemo side effects, and a step closer to being done done with all this. Mostly just waiting to see what happens now.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 1:23 pm

^^ Hope you’re okay, D&D. Will be so relieved for you once you get through all this. X

9 I’m sewing a polar bear’s leg onto its body at the moment.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2020, 6:55 pm

Again at my typical 7.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 5:02 am

5. A snail's pace progress with it all.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

BottleCap2.0
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2020, 11:20 am

-4 and +4. Sleep deprivation is probably messing with me again.

dragonsanddemons wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
In what way did this person invalidate you?

You mustn’t listen to the idiots on the Internet.

Basically told me that my issues are trivial and I should be grateful I don't have it worse, implied I was having "histrionics" about it when all I did was calmly explain my situation and concerns. The only reason I can think of for why is that I accidentally double-posted, and on that site only moderators can delete posts, so they might have thought I did it on purpose for attention (though I added a note about having done it accidentally as soon as I realized).

Ugh, I hate it when someone downplays someone else's issues just because someone has worse problems. Your issues are valid. :heart:

Edit: Oh my God I never realised I wasn't on the last page and quoted a non-recent message. Nevertheless, your issues are valid.