disappointed in myself(complain)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2024, 6:57 am

I've spent a lot of money so far without achieving anything decent.

In elementary school, I enrolled in calligraphy, English, and art cram schools, but got nothing; in junior high school, I had a personal computer, and I was obsessed with video websites and online chatting day and night; in high school, which was strict about studying, I would rather be in a daze than study hard.

Now I am in college, first addicted to alcohol, and then wasting my life on short videos. I spent a lot of money on cram schools to prepare for graduate school exams, but I didn't want to invest any energy. My excuse for this was that I didn't have enough energy, and therefore spent money on the TCM hosipital again.

Body, Study, Interpersonal relationships, everything is a mess.

Being born with such a good family and so much education funds, I should have created greater achievements instead of being so decadent. It sucks, having a kid like me for my family.Disappointed in myself

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:21 am

its OK, as we go along, we usually learn "what not to do".
Experience is a great teacher. Some of my best lessons over the years were like that.

Keep learning, asking questions, we all make poor choices and sometimes get lost in something, only to pull ourselves out of that and find new and better ways to make our way in life. No shame, no blame, use the information about what you learned to build a solid foundation for the future.
Being human and having struggles is OK, it is part of nature, and we can use the past to our advantage as we move on to new chapters of life.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 7:27 am

the fact that you're in college is an accomplishment if you look at some people, right?...im sorry i cant help but i think you're nice and you're a cool guy 8)

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 9:32 am

it's good that you're aware of your habits rather than continue to spiral. Do you want to make any changes?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:44 am

You did all those things for a reason, whether psychological, emotional, stress, your surroundings, what you were experiencing at the time, and many other possibilities. Looking back, you might think that you should and could have done things differently, but chances are you coped in the only way that you could at the time with what resources you had within yourself.

Don't beat yourself up. Just look forward and try to take small steps that will lead you in the direction you want to go. Figure out what is possible and realistic for you to be able to do. It may not be everything you wish you could do.