Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 8:00 pm

I HATE THIS PLACE!! I DON’T WANT to get use to living here. You have to eat breakfast at 6 AM, you have to eat what they made you, lunch is at 11:30, dinner is at 4 PM & people need to sleep at 6 PM, I’m not use to going to bed sooo early, I don’t want to wake up at 6 in the morning, I’m NOT a morning person, I been going to sleep later, I can have a hard time sleeping. I want to eat what I want to eat & when I want to eat, I love picking out my food & ordering from restaurants. The staff think they know stuff about me, they want to believe what they want to believe. I have Psoriatic Arthritis, bone pain, they think all I need is to walk to lose weight, I CANNOT walk too good, when I broke my ankle almost 6 years ago, my ankle healed, my bones didn’t healed right, I still have ALOT of pain in my ankle & both my feet have pain too, they DON’T CARE to believe me, they want to believe themselves, how would they know the truth? They don’t know me, they are just big bullies. I have to brush my teeth more, I have to shower everyday, people to chores around here, I can’t do chores, I can’t walk too good, I can hardly stand. I been getting more anxiety, it’s getting more worse, I been having more difficulty breathing too. I’m going to the doctor now that I have help, what if I do get medicine for anxiety, what if it doesn’t help, I’m getting anxiety cuz of my Autism. And I do have Psoriatic Arthritis, people with psoriasis get this. How can you walk it off to lose weight? Psoriatic Arthritis is bone disease. I needed to take a shower today, but I really don’t feel good, I felt like I was going passed out when I was on my feet, I’m coughing, I have acid reflux, I’m having bad anxiety, it’s really hurt to stand, I want to cry & I’m having breathing problems, they don’t care, I wish I was die. They want me to be somebody I’m not. They are forcing me to do stuff, when I did take a shower, I had a meltdown, in the shower, I was crying, I threw up too.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 9:29 pm

I am sorry to hear all of this, Kitty.

Group homes certainly are not for everybody and it will be particularly hard for you since you have been used to independence for so long.

Sending you hugs.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

12 Apr 2024, 4:33 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
A particularly inappropriate post has been removed.

Please remember this is The Haven and suggesting that the OP, who is clearly distressed, should just adapt and get used to it is not helping. At all.
It doesn't matter how it's phrased.

A reminder of the specific rules for The Haven - viewtopic.php?t=297515

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 11:49 am

Hi there. I’m not sure how disability rights work in California but is there anyone (area agency, social worker, case manager or a guardian if you have one)? If you feel like your rights are being violated in any way, it might be good to reach out and let someone know how you feel.

I’m an autism and disability advocate where I live. Please don’t hesitate to reply to me.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 11:54 am

Aw that's sad Kitty.

It all sounds too much for you

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 1:06 pm

Keep being strong, Kitty!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 1:08 pm

Yeah you just keep your pecker up kid

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 5:38 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm

I'm really sorry you have to live in a Group Home...

I've had to live in them at times myself and they really do suck. Luckily I had a mom who was willing to let me come back and live with her as long as I took my bipolar medicine like I am supposed to.

Anyways I really hope something will come to help you out of that situation like it did me. :heart:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 11:07 pm

babybird wrote:
Aw that's sad Kitty.

It all sounds too much for you

Yes it’s too much. When I took a shower, once I had a big meltdown, in the shower I was crying & I threw up. These people think I can walk, they want me to walk more, get out of my room more, I have privacy in the bedroom, the stuff can come in without knocking, some knock. Don’t they know I can’t walk good? That why I have a walker, they took away my wheelchair, when I was in my apartment, I used my wheelchair alot, I also walk when I felt better in my feet.
The staff want the people that live here on a routine, I don’t do good on routines, it always backfire on me, I can do routines for 3 - 5 days then I stop, if I have alot to do in one day then it would be toooooo overwhelming, stressful, I can get new Psoriasis cuz of too much stress & being very upset. I have to get use to everything, they want me to get use to it in one day, I do things slowly to protect myself. My brain already shut off twice. These people are doing MORE HARM than good .I hate it here, I hate the rules, breakfast at 6 AM & dinner around 4 PM & bedtime at 6 PM & shower everyday, I’m not use to shower everyday, I have soooooooo much body pain, I have to walk more. I have new pains cuz I’m forced to walk everywhere.

There are several things that are making me very happy, 1. Having my cat with me, 2. Texting my boyfriend, 3. The WP people 4 . Taking to my other friends

Last edited by Kitty4670 on 15 Apr 2024, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 11:20 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 1:51 pm

hope you're doing okay Kitty.

Have you been talking with your social worker about a place to live?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 8:26 pm

Hi Kitty
I'm very happy there are at least some good things about being there and your cat and friends are giving you lots of comfort.

It must be hard to get used to all the new routines, I'd find that difficult myself.

Hope you will be ok.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 12:40 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Hi there. I’m not sure how disability rights work in California but is there anyone (area agency, social worker, case manager or a guardian if you have one)? If you feel like your rights are being violated in any way, it might be good to reach out and let someone know how you feel.

I’m an autism and disability advocate where I live. Please don’t hesitate to reply to me.

Thanks. I have a cass manger, she don’t understand my pain.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 1:22 pm

I NEVER going get use to this. I’m in sooo pain, my knee really hurting so much, I can limp, side of my back is hurting, my feet are sooo tight,they hurting, my bone pain in my ankle is worse. I hate walking now & I hate going to the bathroom, cuz I have to stand to wash my hands, I’m crying. I need my wheelchair. These people slowly killing me. Later I have to take a shower, I CANNOT take a shower everyday, I can barely walk today. I probably can’t meet my boyfriend this summer, they probably want to know where I’m going & who I’m meeting, it none of their business, one person here took away my scissors, she was yelling at me like I was a child.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 1:27 pm

Big hugs!

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much.

Do you like your case manager? Will you see or talk to her again soon?