Hey Folks (I think I just lost my mother)

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fluttershy11
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2013, 4:33 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
We fall into some predictable behaviors. When that happens you have a pretty good indication its the autisim talking. Like never getting over something minor, like making a useless (and costly) gesture, like burning money.

Doing better to a large extent is figuring out when its you and when its autism speaking and not listening to the autism. You, or others, may think the autism is you. I do not believe it is. Its the predictable and often illogical result of the brain dysfunction we call autism. Nearly all of us have much that is perfectly fine in our brains and it is with that part we can over-rule the illogical side and be in true control of ourselves. I don't think you have to waste energy fighting all our autistic tendencies. Things like special interests or similiar are harmless and maybe help us relax.

Thank you for trying, but your words don't mean much to me. I AM a f**k-up, plain and simple. And this won't even be the third time I've burned money in a denomination of at least ten dollars.

"Make ONE mistake, and you pay for it the rest of your life."

Fluttershy11

Fluttershy11
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:

See, something I've learned, is that if you view yourself as f****-up and broken, then you can't forgive or forget or get over anything that anyone else has ever said or done to you.

Liking yourself, at least a little bit, is pretty much key to resiliency.

Which is something that a therapist that knows his/her AS from a hole in the ground can help you with in relatively short order.

Shoving someone for pushing a consoling hand away-- hey, that's not too cool. My dad slapped me once-- and I did have it coming. I was about 8 or 9; we were standing in the parking lot at Pizza Hut. He corrected my spelling and I called him a f***ing ret*d and spit at him. THAT probably merited a slap-- or anyway it was understandable that he just lost it.

Well losing it is a human trait. Everyone has issues-- we try to be aware of and considerate of others' issues, but compensating for and/or fixing them ain't our job. You fix/deal with your own, other people fix/deal with their own, forgiveness is what we try to learn to do when issues rub up against each other and civility fails. It happens. It happens in NT/NT interactions too; someday I hope you can cut yourself the break of forgiving it.

I doubt your Mom hates you. She's not going to forget it, but I don't think she's going to chuck you out of her life over it. If she does-- she's got some issues she needs help with, and that's not your fault.

I think most people wish someone dead at some point in time. I know I have, and I sure hear a lot about it. Most people just only mention it to people who aren't involved, late at night, when they're piss-ass drunk. So you're not unique in that respect.

Find a decent therapist you can talk to about the nasty emotions you're still carrying. Having them does not make you a sick freak-- acting on them might, but having them is human. Why do you talk to a therapist if having them is human?? Because you shouldn't have to lug them around, resolving them by talking to someone is also human, and sometimes it's just faster, easier, and less messy to talk to an objective third party.

Listen carefully to me: he didn't just shove me...he pushed me with both hands so hard that it knocked me off my feet and I smacked my head against the floor...all while my mother WAS RIGHT THERE IN THE ROOM WITH HIM!! ! Then he picked me up, shoved me again, though not as hard as the first time, and sent me to my room. Seriously, F**K HIM! I WANT HIM TO DIE! But...like I said...I did deserve it. I pushed his hand away when I didn't wanna be consoled, and that made him lose it.

Quote:
Losing it over your kid-- your autistic kid, at that-- pushing your hand away implies that your dad has some pretty deep issues with rejection. NOT your problem.

WRONG! It IS my problem! I wasn't born a normal kid, therefore my parents are f***ing ashamed of me. I'm ALWAYS thinking that they're always thinking "Why couldn't we have had a normal first-born child?" As much as I hate my father for doing that, I'm also sympathetic at the same time,, realizing that it's tough on him, knowing that his eldest child is suck a f**k-up.

I may in the long run forgive my parents, but I'll never, EVER forgive myself. I LOVE my mother. The only time that I ever seriously attempted suicide was when I made her cry some eight years ago because of a verbal fight we had. The very thought that I've made her angry at me gives me stomachaches like you wouldn't believe.

I'm still prepared to lose some money tomorrow, whether by mom peaceably accepting it, or by having to burn it; I don't care which. Only then will I feel like I've redeemed myself for making my beloved mother upset.

Over and out.

BigSister
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2013, 5:33 pm

Fluttershy11 wrote:
BigSister wrote:
I think the blame can be more equally shared than you seem to think. I'm not going to stand here and say that you were completely innocent - saying you want anyone to die can be rather disturbing for the person hearing you say that. That said, what should have been a moment of opening up and communicating turned instead into one of blame and self-doubt, which is where your fault ceases. Here are the things that you said that make me feel there's problems on the other end as well.

I will say, shoving 30 years ago is probably something you should try to work through. But if it's part of a larger pattern (and it sounds like it is) it's understandable to still have problems with your family.

Quote:
I did kind of had it coming, pushing his hand away when he was trying to console me.

That doesn't mean you had it coming. That just means someone was trying to touch you when you didn't want to be touched and you reacted accordingly.

Quote:
S--t, even one of my own child psychologists had the balls to say in his notes, upon his first meeting with me, that "Jeff is an extremely disturbed child, and that any other set of parents would've given him up for adoption ages ago."

First of all, ignore this. Psychologists are just as fallible as the rest of us, and some of them say very stupid, inaccurate, and stigma-inducing things when it comes to autism (especially 30+ years ago...even 15 years ago a psychologist was still telling my mother she was a refrigerator mother). The fact that you still remember this is rather disturbing, actually. It indicates that either (a) you were able to read at the time and your parents gave you his notes, knowing full well what they said and you took it as being true and indicative of your lack of worth or (b) that someone has 'held this over your head', so to speak, by which I mean that your parents have reminded you of this fact since then, thereby showing you that they are "good parents" simply for dealing with you (there are much more requirements to being a good parent than that), reminding you that you've been deemed "extremely disturbed," and carrying with it the implicit threat that they can give you away, Neither of these choices sound very good (although a sounds a million times less bad than b).

I do think you need help, no matter whether you regard this as your fault or theirs, because it's pretty obvious to see that the way you regard yourself has been seriously warped by your environment, and also quite clear that you haven't worked through some anger from your childhood, and I think you may need an impartial outside observer to help you work through this. Take that money you were going to burn/give to your mother and spend it on counseling instead. You can tell her you've done so - since this is something she indicated she wished you to do, she'll probably be just as placated by this as she would have if you'd given her the money yourself, and it's likely to be far more productive.

Well, allow me to clarify something...I actually learned of what this psychologist said from a second hand account from one of my mother's diaries. Maybe she was a bit upset at the time of writing it and ended up embellishing it, I don't really know. But either way, that still shook me to the core. I really liked him, and I thought he liked me.

Fluttershy11

Sorry about that...my own situation may have been leaking into my interpretation of yours, with things I've seen about "gratitude" and authority figures (not necessarily parents, btw). That, along with my sister's experience with psychologists (I won't go into it, but they've said some terrible things to her) and you get several situations from my own life that could color my view of what you said.

I still think you may wish to look into the counseling. Even according to your account, your mother suggested it, so I think it can double as a gesture of apology to help heal your relationship and as a productive way of helping heal some scars which seem to be causing issues in your relationship. I can personally attest to the effectiveness of this - at one point I had issues with someone and suggested they get counseling and when they actually did so I found it quite possibly the best gesture of apology ever. :) If you want to burn the money in addition to this to make yourself feel better, you can, but I really think that the counseling should come before all else.

Just my thoughts...sincerely hope they help and your situation works out. :)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 2:18 am

If your mother hasn't disowned you for some of the insane s**t you've pulled in the past, then she's not gonna disown you for telling her how you feel about something. That being said, if one of my kids tried to pay me cash to "make up" for upsetting me about something I'd be so furious I couldn't see straight. You don't do that to your parents. It's insulting, it makes it look like the love that a parent feels for their child is nothing more than cheap and tawdry like the kind of 'affection' you can get from a hooker. Do not do that unless you want to really insult your mother.

Also, you know very well that you overreact and I think you need to see a psychiatrist and get some help to learn how to control your actions when you get upset. Otherwise you will be in this same boat forever.

I know that I said I wasn't going to respond to you anymore because one minute you thank me for telling you straight up how I see something and the next you scream at me because you don't like how I see something, but trying to pay your mother so you will feel better about insulting her is so damn disrespectful that I thought somebody ought to say something about it to you. If you had gotten angry or upset and broken something that belonged to her then it would be correct to offer her the money to fix it, in addition to an apology and a gesture that demonstrates your remorse such as spending time with her doing something she enjoys or even just doing chores for her, etc. However, you just pissed her off and upset her, you didn't cause her to be out any money, so by offering her money you are doing nothing more than equating her emotional state with something you can buy with cash. It says that you don't see her love for you as something priceless and irreplaceable, you see it as a commodity that can be bought and sold. It reminds me of guys who like to smack women around for s**ts and giggles. They want to take out some frustration on a girl, they go to a hooker and smack her around then just pay her to compensate her for her pain and injuries. You cannot pay your mother to compensate her for the emotional pain you caused her by this, you need to compensate her for it by actually doing something for her yourself. If you insist on being out some money then take her out to eat or to a movie of her choice and don't complain the whole time - hell, don't complain at all during it, no matter how much you may hate it. Offer to do some things around the house that you hate to do and she hates to do, even if you don't think you should have to do it or even if it's somebody else's fault it has to be done, etc. And while you are doing it and offering to, keep your mouth shut about the fact that it's somebody else's fault that it has to be done or that somebody else should have done it, etc. Do it willingly, or at least make it look like you are doing it willingly. Give of yourself to her. That's whats valuable to a parent, not your cash.

Also, you are going to have plenty of times in your life where people disagree with you, or people screw up something for you, or somebody may actually shove you or slap your hand or punch you or something like that. It happens, and it happens to guys more often. While it's appropriate and normal to get angry and even want to hurt them for an amount of time, it's not appropriate to want them dead for the rest of your life. This was what, 30 some odd years ago and you want him to die for it still, even though it was actually a minor incident even though what he did wasn't appropriate?

If you can't forgive other people for their mistakes and let them go, then why in the name of all that is holy should anybody, anywhere, at anytime, forgive you for yours? It works both ways. Burning money just burns money and it doesn't hurt anybody but you. If you want do burn money then take it in the bathroom and burn it and don't tell anybody about it. Don't even tell us about it. Don't be doing s**t like that and telling people so you can think that maybe somebody knows how you made yourself pay for it. All that does is make you feel better temporarily and it doesn't fix s**t. Not one thing does it fix. Nobody thinks you are being noble and selfless or feel bad for you punishing yourself over it. People just think it's crazy. If you want to do something to punish yourself then make yourself do something for someone else that you hate to do. Take your dad who you wish was dead out to eat and actually be nice to him and don't start any s**t with him no matter how mad you get. Suck it up and keep your mouth shut and bite your tongue (figuratively speaking of course - nobody wants to read how you had to have surgery to reattach it because you bit it off "punishing yourself") and put up with him and keep reminding yourself that THIS is how you are punishing yourself for it. That's a way to actually make something up to somebody. Then go home and write it all down and put it in a drawer and don't show it to anybody. You will know you did it, you do not need anybody else's approval. I'm not saying you shouldn't post here, not at all. I'm saying that you should stop trying to tell others how you are doing this kind of s**t to punish yourself because that's some kind of weird way that I think you have of somehow making it "ok" in your head when it doesn't make anything ok and you need to learn how other actual adults go about fixing this kind of f**k up.

So, that's my two cents, get mad and type in all caps to me and cuss me or whatever, I don't care. It doesn't bother me one bit, because I'm pretty sure you are gonna just go off on me about it cause this isn't what you want to hear. But you need to hear it and you need to grow the hell up and you need to do it now while your parents are still alive and you CAN actually do something to help make up some of this s**t to them.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Fluttershy11
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2013, 1:17 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
If your mother hasn't disowned you for some of the insane sh** you've pulled in the past, then she's not gonna disown you for telling her how you feel about something. That being said, if one of my kids tried to pay me cash to "make up" for upsetting me about something I'd be so furious I couldn't see straight. You don't do that to your parents. It's insulting, it makes it look like the love that a parent feels for their child is nothing more than cheap and tawdry like the kind of 'affection' you can get from a hooker. Do not do that unless you want to really insult your mother.

Too late, it's already been done. I was able to convince her that I actually owed her that money from a few months back, and she seemed to believe me.

Quote:
Also, you know very well that you overreact and I think you need to see a psychiatrist and get some help to learn how to control your actions when you get upset. Otherwise you will be in this same boat forever.

I'm considering doing that in a few months, thank you.

Quote:
I know that I said I wasn't going to respond to you anymore because one minute you thank me for telling you straight up how I see something and the next you scream at me because you don't like how I see something, but trying to pay your mother so you will feel better about insulting her is so damn disrespectful that I thought somebody ought to say something about it to you.

Okay, first off, I don't think I've ever 'screamed' at you, all I did was simply ask you if you had some kind of bone to pick with me, because you used some words that were a little harsh to me.

Quote:
If you had gotten angry or upset and broken something that belonged to her then it would be correct to offer her the money to fix it, in addition to an apology and a gesture that demonstrates your remorse such as spending time with her doing something she enjoys or even just doing chores for her, etc. However, you just pissed her off and upset her, you didn't cause her to be out any money, so by offering her money you are doing nothing more than equating her emotional state with something you can buy with cash. It says that you don't see her love for you as something priceless and irreplaceable, you see it as a commodity that can be bought and sold.

100% correct. Unconditional love? What a crock of s**t. Though I will say that my mother is infinitely more easy to forgive then my father.

Quote:
You cannot pay your mother to compensate her for the emotional pain you caused her by this, you need to compensate her for it by actually doing something for her yourself. If you insist on being out some money then take her out to eat or to a movie of her choice and don't complain the whole time - hell, don't complain at all during it, no matter how much you may hate it. Offer to do some things around the house that you hate to do and she hates to do, even if you don't think you should have to do it or even if it's somebody else's fault it has to be done, etc. Do it willingly, or at least make it look like you are doing it willingly. Give of yourself to her. That's whats valuable to a parent, not your cash.

Those are some good ideas, Frances. Wish I'd read them before I actually left the money in the cup holder after I went shopping. But it's just so...hard for me to do.

Quote:
Also, you are going to have plenty of times in your life where people disagree with you, or people screw up something for you, or somebody may actually shove you or slap your hand or punch you or something like that. It happens, and it happens to guys more often. While it's appropriate and normal to get angry and even want to hurt them for an amount of time, it's not appropriate to want them dead for the rest of your life. This was what, 30 some odd years ago and you want him to die for it still, even though it was actually a minor incident even though what he did wasn't appropriate?

BINGO! I don't mind it if people disagree with me, it's when people get physical with me that I wish them death. Even though I do agree with most of what you've said, I don't give a damn about your thoughts regarding this. My soul will not be happy until my old man is rotting six feet under.

Quote:
If you can't forgive other people for their mistakes and let them go, then why in the name of all that is holy should anybody, anywhere, at anytime, forgive you for yours? It works both ways. Burning money just burns money and it doesn't hurt anybody but you. Don't be doing sh** like that and telling people so you can think that maybe somebody knows how you made yourself pay for it. Just keep it to yourself. All that does is make you feel better temporarily and it doesn't fix sh**. Not one thing does it fix.

...I know that. It doesn't make anybody feel better but myself. Even if it did hurt me in the financial run, I just suck it up and move on.

Quote:
Nobody thinks you are being noble and selfless or feel bad for you punishing yourself over it. People just think it's crazy. Suck it up and keep your mouth shut and bite your tongue (figuratively speaking of course - nobody wants to read how you had to have surgery to reattach it because you bit it off "punishing yourself")

*grins* Don't give me any ideas, Frances. Seriously though, I don't expect anybody to pity me. Hell, if anything, I want them to bash me even MORE. I am a self-abaser to the core, so ironically, feeling worse actually makes me feel better.

Quote:
That's a way to actually make something up to somebody. Then go home and write it all down and put it in a drawer and don't show it to anybody. You will know you did it, you do not need anybody else's approval.

Not gonna happen. My family's opinion of me is everything to me. If they're even the slightest bit upset with me, then I am s**t. Plain and simple.

Quote:
I'm not saying you shouldn't post here, not at all. I'm saying that you should stop trying to tell others how you are doing this kind of sh** to punish yourself because that's some kind of weird way that I think you have of somehow making it "okay" in your head when it doesn't make anything okay and you need to learn how other actual adults go about fixing this kind of f**k up.

Wow...you've just done something that my parents never did, and very few of my psychologists/psychiatrists have succeeded in doing: You've got my number. This is EXACTLY what I think! All the self-punishments, all the self-abasing...ALL of it just a feeble way of trying to redeem myself in other people's eyes and in my own eyes, when in truth, it doesn't solve anything. All it does is make people back away from me like I'm some sick freak, and make me even more miserable.

Quote:
So, that's my two cents, get mad and type in all caps to me and cuss me or whatever, I don't care. It doesn't bother me one bit, because I'm pretty sure you are gonna just go off on me about it cause this isn't what you want to hear. But you need to hear it and you need to grow the hell up and you need to do it now while your parents are still alive and you CAN actually do something to help make up some of this sh** to them.

You're wrong...this is exactly what I need to hear. I'm not even angry, even after all you've said. Sometimes the words that help the most are the ones that you may not agree with, but it's what you need to hear to make yourself a better person.

Oh, and regarding your signature quote, 'oh, you f**king think?' :lol: But it's okay...stay blunt as a spoon, Frances.

Fluttershy11, aka Jeffrey

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 3:24 pm

Fluttershy11 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
If your mother hasn't disowned you for some of the insane sh** you've pulled in the past, then she's not gonna disown you for telling her how you feel about something. That being said, if one of my kids tried to pay me cash to "make up" for upsetting me about something I'd be so furious I couldn't see straight. You don't do that to your parents. It's insulting, it makes it look like the love that a parent feels for their child is nothing more than cheap and tawdry like the kind of 'affection' you can get from a hooker. Do not do that unless you want to really insult your mother.

Too late, it's already been done. I was able to convince her that I actually owed her that money from a few months back, and she seemed to believe me.

The if she thinks you just paid her back money you owed her, you still need to do something to make it up to her. You still need to do a nice gesture for her. She sees the money as a simple repayment of a debt, not as a potential fix for emotional pain. So, you are out the money and you still need to do something.

Quote:

I'm considering doing that in a few months, thank you.

I'd do more than consider. I overreact too, and it sucks ass. It's probably even worse when it controls your life and thoughts as much as it seems to do with you. Have you ever thought about hypnosis?

Quote:
I know that I said I wasn't going to respond to you anymore because one minute you thank me for telling you straight up how I see something and the next you scream at me because you don't like how I see something, but trying to pay your mother so you will feel better about insulting her is so damn disrespectful that I thought somebody ought to say something about it to you.

Okay, first off, I don't think I've ever 'screamed' at you, all I did was simply ask you if you had some kind of bone to pick with me, because you used some words that were a little harsh to me.

I think you've gone off on me before. Either way, it makes no difference.

Quote:
If you had gotten angry or upset and broken something that belonged to her then it would be correct to offer her the money to fix it, in addition to an apology and a gesture that demonstrates your remorse such as spending time with her doing something she enjoys or even just doing chores for her, etc. However, you just pissed her off and upset her, you didn't cause her to be out any money, so by offering her money you are doing nothing more than equating her emotional state with something you can buy with cash. It says that you don't see her love for you as something priceless and irreplaceable, you see it as a commodity that can be bought and sold.

100% correct. Unconditional love? What a crock of s**t. Though I will say that my mother is infinitely more easy to forgive then my father.

Unconditional love is true. I have four children and I can guarantee you that there is nothing they can do that would make me not love them. Nothing.

What do you have to forgive your mother for? Did she say a cross word to you once while a tv show was on? Did she slightly criticize how you folded your socks? Did she frown at some dirty dishes in the sink? Did she offer to help you do something?

As for forgiving your father, well he pushed you down when you were a kid. From what you said about the situation what you did didn't merit that kind of behavior but from reading you on here I'd guess it happened from s**t building up over time and maybe he tried to control himself and did so for as long as he could. Parents are allowed to get upset too. I'm very far from abusive but I've spanked my kids and if you are so furious with him for that one little insignificant thing then you would probably have murdered me in my sleep by now because I didn't take any s**t off my kids. If anything I'd bet that your parents, and your father in particular, put up with more s**t out of you than he should have and if he had tore your butt up more often you would have figured out that you aren't some special little porcelain prince that must never be insulted, hurt, touched roughly, etc. You would have figured out that life is life, in other words and that people make mistakes and that other people forgive them. Maybe you should be mad at him for letting you end up this way. I would be.

Quote:
You cannot pay your mother to compensate her for the emotional pain you caused her by this, you need to compensate her for it by actually doing something for her yourself. If you insist on being out some money then take her out to eat or to a movie of her choice and don't complain the whole time - hell, don't complain at all during it, no matter how much you may hate it. Offer to do some things around the house that you hate to do and she hates to do, even if you don't think you should have to do it or even if it's somebody else's fault it has to be done, etc. Do it willingly, or at least make it look like you are doing it willingly. Give of yourself to her. That's whats valuable to a parent, not your cash.

Those are some good ideas, Frances. Wish I'd read them before I actually left the money in the cup holder after I went shopping. But it's just so...hard for me to do.

Read my first response. Looks like you still need to do something like that for her. And tell her you are sorry that she is upset over it. Keep your feelings about that to yourself from now on. It does nobody any good for you to tell her and upset her. I mean for the love of God, if one of my kids, GROWN KIDS, came up to me and told me that they wished my husband, their father who had cancer dead because he pushed them down once, fairly roughly when they were little, I would probably knock the crap out of them myself right then. Because you just don't go around saying things like that to people whose spouses are dying of cancer!

Quote:

BINGO! I don't mind it if people disagree with me, it's when people get physical with me that I wish them death. Even though I do agree with most of what you've said, I don't give a damn about your thoughts regarding this. My soul will not be happy until my old man is rotting six feet under.

Yeah well, you say that now but when he's dead you will be going on all out self punishment because you will finally feel the guilt for this f**kery you are pulling now. And you'll deserve it if you don't figure out a way to straighten up and fly right while he's still alive and work this out with him. Had you rather be right or had you rather be in a happy family? You choose. You obviously can't have both in this situation. Make your choice and then live with it.

Quote:
If you can't forgive other people for their mistakes and let them go, then why in the name of all that is holy should anybody, anywhere, at anytime, forgive you for yours? It works both ways. Burning money just burns money and it doesn't hurt anybody but you. Don't be doing sh** like that and telling people so you can think that maybe somebody knows how you made yourself pay for it. Just keep it to yourself. All that does is make you feel better temporarily and it doesn't fix sh**. Not one thing does it fix.

...I know that. It doesn't make anybody feel better but myself. Even if it did hurt me in the financial run, I just suck it up and move on.

Somehow I don't think you suck anything up or move on an inch in any direction. I'm not being mean, I'm just saying.

Quote:
Nobody thinks you are being noble and selfless or feel bad for you punishing yourself over it. People just think it's crazy. Suck it up and keep your mouth shut and bite your tongue (figuratively speaking of course - nobody wants to read how you had to have surgery to reattach it because you bit it off "punishing yourself")

*grins* Don't give me any ideas, Frances. Seriously though, I don't expect anybody to pity me. Hell, if anything, I want them to bash me even MORE. I am a self-abaser to the core, so ironically, feeling worse actually makes me feel better.

Then go on Craigslist and find a dominatrix and get it out of your system, but don't go around doing irresponsible, childish, silly s**t. You are a grown ass man, act like it. I can tell you got sense in that head of yours somewhere. You know whats right and wrong and stupid and not stupid, but you just don't use the sense. I don't know what you think is gonna come of doing s**t like this but you should have learned by now that it doesn't do anything but just stir up more s**t. Find another outlet for this crap and be a man. That will make you feel better than this jackassery.

Quote:
That's a way to actually make something up to somebody. Then go home and write it all down and put it in a drawer and don't show it to anybody. You will know you did it, you do not need anybody else's approval.

Not gonna happen. My family's opinion of me is everything to me. If they're even the slightest bit upset with me, then I am s**t. Plain and simple.

The opinion of people you put down and b***h about all the time and wish dead is everything to you?

Dude, don't even.

The ability to complain about them, put them down, make yourself out to be either better, smarter, or a victim of theirs, while at the same time wanting them to think well of you is what's everything to you. It's all wrapped up in their response to you, not their opinion of you. Don't BS me.

It all boils down to the same thing every f*****g time. "How dare they be upset at me for being upset with them!" Nobody in your family, including you, is going to honestly take responsibility for a situation and try to fix it, it sounds like. It's not just you, for real it sounds like everybody in that house is in some way dysfunctional. Bad dysfunctional. No damned wonder.

Quote:
I'm not saying you shouldn't post here, not at all. I'm saying that you should stop trying to tell others how you are doing this kind of sh** to punish yourself because that's some kind of weird way that I think you have of somehow making it "okay" in your head when it doesn't make anything okay and you need to learn how other actual adults go about fixing this kind of f**k up.

Wow...you've just done something that my parents never did, and very few of my psychologists/psychiatrists have succeeded in doing: You've got my number. This is EXACTLY what I think! All the self-punishments, all the self-abasing...ALL of it just a feeble way of trying to redeem myself in other people's eyes and in my own eyes, when in truth, it doesn't solve anything. All it does is make people back away from me like I'm some sick freak, and make me even more miserable.

Then stop f*****g doing it. Pick something else out in advance and do that instead. Pick one thing. ONE THING. Something that is not ridiculous. Do that every single time instead, I don't care how mad you are at the time. The only way to stop this s**t is to stop this s**t and you are the only one that can do it. Nobody can do it for you, you are a grown damn man so stop it.

Quote:
So, that's my two cents, get mad and type in all caps to me and cuss me or whatever, I don't care. It doesn't bother me one bit, because I'm pretty sure you are gonna just go off on me about it cause this isn't what you want to hear. But you need to hear it and you need to grow the hell up and you need to do it now while your parents are still alive and you CAN actually do something to help make up some of this sh** to them.

You're wrong...this is exactly what I need to hear. I'm not even angry, even after all you've said. Sometimes the words that help the most are the ones that you may not agree with, but it's what you need to hear to make yourself a better person.

Hearing it won't do anything, you gotta act on it. So get up and act on it.

Oh, and regarding your signature quote, 'oh, you f**king think?' :lol: But it's okay...stay blunt as a spoon, Frances.

Fluttershy11, aka Jeffrey

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm

murbark wrote:
Your Dad should never have shoved you. It's not OK to hit people unless in self-defense.

and in combat training, and in specific forms of therapy, and in the movies, and in the wrestling ring, and in most contact sports, and in games where hitting is an integral part of it.

Shoving a chid down is wrong, UNLESS said child is physically attacking you or somone else and shoving them is the fastest way to interrupt it.

Arguments and studies and counterstudies have been done to death on corporal punishment (spanking) and you can get statistics to support either argument. However, it's not about corporal punishment. it's about forgiveness.

Simply put, I empathise to an extent.

My dad was a drug addict and alcoholic since childhood who is now supposedly "clean" after 40 years of addiction and wants me to act like buddies while he still verbally degrades me to others and uses me in conversations as a "scape goat", claiming that I have his negative characteristics. He even refuses to speak to my wife because my wife rejected his advances after they met and didnt act like he was a savior of some sort. Yet I am supposed to forgive and forget. It's difficult. Everytime he starts talking about someone or something from the past, everything he did comes rolling back to memory. He has never heard anything I have shared my wife about my childhood, yet he claims "all his stories are lies, he's just repeating what he heard me tell about my childhood". So even my experiences are discredited by him. How does one forgive?

I don't think you should give your mother money or burn it. Self discipline shouldnt include punishments. That only reinforces negative self perceptions.

Yes. you have difficult experiences and difficulty forgiving your dad. Is your dad capable of being the kind of person who would otherwise be ok to engage in activities as a friend? Do you enjoy walking, fishing, biking, hiking, bowling, anything the two of you can do together without criticism? Just an idea

Its never ok to hate someone so bad you won't be satisfied until they are dead

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2013, 8:47 am

It was wrong for your dad to shove you. Also have an abusive dad and a mother who allowed the abuse to happen. I had a bad relationship with my mother in my teens because I kept on saying she should divorce my father because he was abusive. The abuse only stopped when I finally got the guts to call the police on him. The relationship with my mother is better now because although she will never leave him, she now realizes how abusive he was to both of us.
No body "deserves" abuse.

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 10:29 pm

Are really asking for a nonbiased opinion? Depends. Was your dad abusive?

Your mom isn't going to forgive you with money. SHE might forgive you because she's your mom..but what you're doing is a total waste of time. Money doesn't buy forgiveness--not the kind I want anyway. I mean if you think you think you have too much money start donating it to a trustworthy charity or something.

Thirty years is a long time man--you're doing yourself harm if anything by keeping it in.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2013, 8:57 am

Greatsharkbite wrote:
Are really asking for a nonbiased opinion? Depends. Was your dad abusive?

This is the crux of it all. One shove does not equal abuse, and without being there people could not begin to understand. Like I said before, there are scenarios where a shove may have been necessary, some even to avoid the child from harming him/hersef.

Holding a grudge is a preference for an obsession.