Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 8:19 pm

I'm recently divorced. I've got custody of my son who is severely disabled and I have an immunodeficiency I get pneumonia/bronchitis every two weeks and will get 1300 a month for three years and that is it. I've just checked how much I will get in SSI, the only thing I'm eligible for, and it's 650 a month. How am I going to live on 650 a month alone if my plans don't work out......

Ex does not have to pay any child support and I don't know what I am going to do son has epilepsy and ADHD in addition to his Autism which is severe. Ex says he has won the divorce....he earns 15K a month. I think we are going to starve and I know I will not be able to buy son any clothes or shoes a coat or anything. I think my little boy and I are probably going to starve to death....and I already have malnutrition from being kept in this room without good access to food for 7 months. I will never see my daughter again and if I stay my immunodeficiency is much much worse and he is abusing me. I have had my eczema clear up and my thyroid problem get under control.

My family says I am not welcome and I won't have anywhere to go if things don't work out. I am thinking of just killing myself if things don't work out....and right now I am feeling extremely sad, scared and depressed.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 8:51 pm

I wonder in what way your ex got free from child support. Have you been in court, what monster ruled this to be ok.
Do you live in America? I'm not from there so I don't know who you could turn to. But a ill mother with a disabled child should have someone to turn to, some government help of some kind.

This situation sounds very very sick.

I hope someone can help you more detailed who you could turn to, I know nothing I must say when it comes to a severe situation like that. I know that there are individuals here at WP who are very talented and immersed in questions like these and know who to contact.

All I have to say is that you are not allowed to kill yourself if you have a child to take care of. Suffer through it till you collapse and die by doing whatever you can for your son, but ending it because you're ill and tired of life and fighting is not an option. It's your child you stay as long as you can and care for it or at least give him up for adoption if you now fear that you're near death and he as well.
But before you go that child should not be left in a state of despair, matters must be cleared up.
Oh f**k I sound dark... (I'm not religious, I think that people are free to do whatever the f**k they see fit with their lives but if they create life, they are responsible for life, especially life that end up in a situation involuntarily, children.)

But the best outcome (of course) is you get help from someone who knows the system and hopefully things improve. These kind of things are not allowed to happen.

Your Ex sounds like evil in it's purest form, non-caring man (as in human, not male). I've seen and heard some nasty s**t but reading about your situation makes me upset.

:::)

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:00 pm

kate123A wrote:
I think my little boy and I are probably going to starve to death....and I already have malnutrition from being kept in this room without good access to food for 7 months. I will never see my daughter again and if I stay my immunodeficiency is much much worse and he is abusing me. I have had my eczema clear up and my thyroid problem get under control.

My family says I am not welcome and I won't have anywhere to go if things don't work out. I am thinking of just killing myself if things don't work out....and right now I am feeling extremely sad, scared and depressed.

I don't understand this.

Are you still living with your Ex?
Are you being held against your will somewhere?

This is a little confusing, can you give us some more information regarding this?

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:22 pm

I guess I will have to hope like hell my plans work out otherwise I am screwed.
I won't kill myself.....
.ex found a lawyer who told him how to arrange it so that he doesn't pay any child support. Oh and I have HFA too. I was not allowed any legal representation, I have spent the last 7 months living in this room(I am not allowed free reign of the house and I have not had good access to food) and according to my bloodwork I have malnutition(I am allowed medical care). Yes I am still living with my ex for the legally mandated amount of time. You are required to give 45 days notice before you move and I am 19 days away from being free to move out....it is a law here where I live. He is giving me temporary medical custody of our son and says when he recovers from his Autism and mental retardation(his IQ is 33) he will take custody back. I will not desert my son....even if we do starve and freeze to death. I love him and he loves me too. He is 7 and the light of my life. The next three months I am going to be ok and I guess I should just focus on that and not the what ifs. Maybe I'm just scared right now my future is kind of uncertain right now.

Last edited by kate123A on 08 Feb 2014, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:38 pm

You have to keep your goals in front of you, especially with kids involved. Focus on now with every inch in the right direction a victory. Fear galvanizes, so use it.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

kate123A wrote:
I guess I will have to hope like hell my plans work out otherwise I am screwed.
I won't kill myself.....
.ex found a lawyer who told him how to arrange it so that he doesn't pay any child support. Oh and I have HFA too. I was not allowed any legal representation, I have spent the last 7 months living in this room(I am not allowed free reign of the house and I have not had good access to food) and according to my bloodwork I have malnutition. Yes I am still living with my ex for the legally mandated amount of time. You are required to give 45 days notice before you move and I am 19 days away from being free to move out....it is a law here where I live. He is giving me temporary medical custody of our son and says when he recovers from his Autism and mental retardation(his IQ is 33) he will take custody back. I will not desert my son....even if we do starve and freeze to death. I love him and he loves me too. He is 7 and the light of my life. The next three months I am going to be ok and I guess I should just focus on that and not the what ifs. Maybe I'm just scared right now my future is kind of uncertain right now.

So you're saying that your husband got a pro snake lawyer when you filed for divorce and you were not allowed to have anyone represent you, there was no one appointed to you by the sate/court?

What country do you live in?

Your Ex sounds like he's missing parts of his brain. And whatever happens he will not get custody of your son, because if he can't accept him as he is now he will never no matter what cure there is or medication given to improve things (temporarily).

The future is always uncertain. But that's no negative thing.
Money might be tight, but if you and your son find a tiny place for yourselves and separate from that evil you are living with now you'll see focus and well being will come back.
Anyone would suffer living with a vampire, as soon as you tear those fangs out of you your'll never be bothered again. Move, break contact and make sure he doesn't come around.
When your situation improves as it surely will when youare free of him and at peace then you can gather yourself and think of your daughters situation.

hmmm hmm

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:20 pm

kate123A wrote:
I'm recently divorced. I've got custody of my son who is severely disabled and I have an immunodeficiency I get pneumonia/bronchitis every two weeks and will get 1300 a month for three years and that is it. I've just checked how much I will get in SSI, the only thing I'm eligible for, and it's 650 a month. How am I going to live on 650 a month alone if my plans don't work out......

Ex does not have to pay any child support and I don't know what I am going to do son has epilepsy and ADHD in addition to his Autism which is severe. Ex says he has won the divorce....he earns 15K a month. I think we are going to starve and I know I will not be able to buy son any clothes or shoes a coat or anything. I think my little boy and I are probably going to starve to death....and I already have malnutrition from being kept in this room without good access to food for 7 months. I will never see my daughter again and if I stay my immunodeficiency is much much worse and he is abusing me. I have had my eczema clear up and my thyroid problem get under control.

Are there any like food shelves or places that could maybe help you out with food? Or would it maybe be possible to apply for food stamps? That sounds like a pretty crappy situation. But it is probably a good idea to look into what resources might be available to help with your situation. Also don't know what kind of budget you have left but its possible to find cheap clothes at thrift stores and sometimes they have pretty good quality stuff. And I am confused about who is abusing you...is it your ex or someone else? either way I would try to get away from them so you can focus on what you need to do for yourself and your son.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
kate123A wrote:

Are there any like food shelves or places that could maybe help you out with food? Or would it maybe be possible to apply for food stamps? That sounds like a pretty crappy situation. But it is probably a good idea to look into what resources might be available to help with your situation. Also don't know what kind of budget you have left but its possible to find cheap clothes at thrift stores and sometimes they have pretty good quality stuff. And I am confused about who is abusing you...is it your ex or someone else? either way I would try to get away from them so you can focus on what you need to do for yourself and your son.

For the love of.... . . . *!*. .. . . something.

You don't have to read everyone's posts but please look through the thread and see if OP has written anything new.

It is a damn fad on WP to just read the first post and then leave a comment. In some threads that's OK but not in a thread like this.

READ, please.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:29 pm

alright I will make sure not to post anymore?....just trying to suggest things and get put down for it, wonderful really made my day. I am very confused about where I went wrong, I thought suggesting looking into any available resources that might help would be a good idea....never thought I'd be put down for suggesting such a thing.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
alright I will make sure not to post anymore?....just trying to suggest things and get put down for it, wonderful really made my day.

And it's disrespectful to the OP.

If you're going to show interest do that by absorbing everything she has said.

Thank you for your drive by comment. Asking questions that are already answered 5 posts up by her. ^

I bet making her repeat herself to everyone about her horrible situation makes her day.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:40 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
alright I will make sure not to post anymore?....just trying to suggest things and get put down for it, wonderful really made my day.

Thank you for your drive by comment. Asking questions that are already answered 5 posts up by her. ^

I bet making her repeat herself to everyone about her horrible situation makes her day.

I suppose I dont see what was wrong with me suggesting the OP should look into programs that might help her feed herself and her son....yes I admit I missed the part about how she is staying with the ex, guess i shouldn't have asked that question....sorry. But my intention here was to try and help but now I just feel like crap for attempting to help someone so congradulations.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 10:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
SoulcakeDuck wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I suppose I dont see what was wrong with me suggesting the OP should look into programs that might help her feed herself and her son....yes I admit I missed the part about how she is staying with the ex, guess i shouldn't have asked that question....sorry. But my intention here was to try and help but now I just feel like crap for attempting to help someone so congradulations.

There is nothing wrong with helping, absolutely nothing. Helping is good. But I know that a lot of people only read the first post and then give answers and ask questions when there is so much more info they ignore.

Think about how she feels when the 5th 7th 10th person asks the same thing when the information is right there. And then when a discussion erupts between people over the topic, more people drop in and those people only read the first post by OP and give their opinion on the matter with information long outdated, and instead of everyone being on the same page we start to argue about what has been said and not about what can be done.

A fine example of this is the topic "Rape-Mode" in Love and Dating.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:00 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
alright I will make sure not to post anymore?

Please don't victimize yourself just make sure to read everything next time. That's it. Thank you.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

sweetleaf's intention was to help. I think the OP will be understanding about that. OP, just keep focused on you and your son's well being - survival mode.

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2014, 11:16 pm

Your Ex sounds like one of the most pathetic excuses of a man I've ever heard of in my life. The kind of douche bag who doesn't pay to help his disabled son and sick ex sounds like the kind of douche bag who should just drop dead tomorrow. Make sure you tell him that.

kate123A
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 11:34 pm

yes my ex did get a pro snake lawyer.

I don't mind sweetleaf and I should check into food stamps and such I'd not thought of that...... I have a place to go and live for the next 3 months and 19 days until I can leave. My ex is abusive. I think I should focus on the fact that I have a place to live for now and the near future. I've some friends who are working on making sure I can stay with them and that will take care of me. They said if that works out I will have a place to live....and I shouldn't be so anxious and afraid.....if it doesn't they will appeal it and do everything to help me. I am just terribly scared though.....Maybe I should relax and try to rest which is what my friends suggested. My ex is a vampire of sorts he sucks the life out of people emotionally. Even if I end up in a homeless shelter it will be better than here. I'm hungry....and been crying my friends say when I am there I will have consistent access to food and maybe my thoughts will be more clear.

I live in Alabama and no I was not appointed a lawyer.....you don't get appointed a lawyer in family court. I've spoken to ex also and he has agreed if I end up on benefits that he will pay for internet, which is important....as internet means I can scan the receipts as per the Temporary Guardianship document all direct expenses for son must be reimbursed provided there are itemized receipts with the aforementioned items and pictures uploaded of every single item bought for son up to the total of 1200 a month....I was panicking I guess that I wouldn't have internet and/access to that money.....also internet means I can see my daughter. Some days I'm just terribly afraid.....I was given a settlement which will help some....but in three years it will be gone. Going to sleep now and I think I will worry about it when I get there I guess......I can't do anything about it tonight.