Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 4:21 am

I don't seem to belong anywhere, I some times wonder why I exist, existence just to exist, why.
I just seem to creep people out i suspect or annoy them.

feel i should stop checking here, but its hard for me to withdraw from any kind of social interaction even if minor, though maybe I'll just fade away like I've done on past forums. I mean i went like 2 years with very little people, though i guess technically i was in college for some of that. I'm afraid of what will happen when I'm truly alone, trapped in this prison of a room day after day. People lie and tell me I'm great, or message me on face book for reasons I don't understand, the old same questions, "hey how you" "have any luck with finding work" fake interest in me for what end I don't get. I'll stop now, going g back to my thoughts.

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2014, 4:38 am

It does not necessarily constitute a lie when people that tell you that you are great. You cannot assume they perceive you the way you do. This took me a very long time to figure out. It still makes me feel awkward when I get a compliment, but I accept it graciously. If your analyze your behavior toward other people, and then compare it to the way NT's treat each other you might find a lot more substance to what they are saying.

We will always feel disconnected, but it not because we are bad.......please always remember this.

Also, when people show interest in you, it might not look the way you assume it should. I have been unemployed for three years, and I wish some of the people I know would ask me those kind of questions.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 5:21 am

You belong i wrong planet at times I dont feel I belong anywhere so I go here!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 6:09 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
You belong i wrong planet at times I dont feel I belong anywhere so I go here!

+1

I feel the same too :D

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 3:50 pm

sly279 wrote:
I don't seem to belong anywhere, I some times wonder why I exist, existence just to exist, why.
That's not true. You belong here! I don't know about the other places you visit but here you don't seem to creep out/annoy people.
sly279 wrote:
feel i should stop checking here
What, why?
sly279 wrote:
People lie and tell me I'm great
What makes you think they lie about it? Everyone has good qualities.
sly279 wrote:
or message me on face book for reasons I don't understand, the old same questions, "hey how you" "have any luck with finding work" fake interest in me for what end I don't get.
Why would they ask if they aren't interested?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 5:21 am

DaLoCo wrote:
It does not necessarily constitute a lie when people that tell you that you are great. You cannot assume they perceive you the way you do. This took me a very long time to figure out. It still makes me feel awkward when I get a compliment, but I accept it graciously. If your analyze your behavior toward other people, and then compare it to the way NT's treat each other you might find a lot more substance to what they are saying.

We will always feel disconnected, but it not because we are bad.......please always remember this.

Also, when people show interest in you, it might not look the way you assume it should. I have been unemployed for three years, and I wish some of the people I know would ask me those kind of questions.

some who have said it then stopped talking to me and said i was bad, so i don't know if I can believe anyone now. Cause I treat people with respect and go out of my way to try to make them feel good, while most people don't ?
I don't like getting compliments either, but then a little part of me wants some. its the same with my birthday, I want attention for it but i also feel it should be ignored. no its getting closer. I guess this could come from the fact that the first love i had forgot about or ignored it. but at least no suicide plan this year. kinda pushed one friend away cause of it last year. Birthdays suck.

i am bad though, i say the wrong things or do the wrong things some times, I mess up when i was just trying to help someone, i hide and can't speak sometimes which annoys people.

idk its really weird I don't know why she requested to be face book friends o.O people don't request to be my friends. now every week or so she'll message me or when i'd post sad stuff. o.O

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 5:26 am

Andras wrote:
sly279 wrote:
That's not true. You belong here! I don't know about the other places you visit but here you don't seem to creep out/annoy people.
sly279 wrote:
feel i should stop checking here
What, why?
sly279 wrote:
People lie and tell me I'm great
What makes you think they lie about it? Everyone has good qualities.
sly279 wrote:
or message me on face book for reasons I don't understand, the old same questions, "hey how you" "have any luck with finding work" fake interest in me for what end I don't get.
Why would they ask if they aren't interested?

I'm not sure about that.

Because i don't want to creep people out or hurt people here. so i feel like just lurking which leads to just vanishing.

cause people lie to try to make others feel better. if i was so great why am i always alone.

society says we have to ?? would be my guess, its why in the usa people ask and keep walking but in other countries they would stop and listen to a person day when asked how are you. though that really only makes sense with when you bump into someone, i don't understand why they do it on the internet. I usually have to start conversations with people 99% of the time.

stabilator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2014, 5:55 am

I don't feel that I belong here either. I can't relate to anyone anywhere, even here. Here, I attempt to communicate sometimes, .. attempt to express myself sometimes. I think I pretty much fail at it.

But, this is a good place to find information, and news and links. And ..sometimes while reading posts I realize there are sometimes others who feel like they don't belong anywhere. Sometimes some peoples' messages say something just right and I feel like I am not totally alien.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

yeah i get that. it can be so hard. i'll feel so bad sometimes i can't speak and even typing is hard to do. sometimes its just i feel to speak would be bad thing like i shouldn't ever speak, others i feel so drained moving is tough. its mental and a strange feeling, i know i physically can move, but it feels so difficult to.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 10:03 pm

I know that feeling. I also know that no one/nothing external of yourself will ever appease it. It's not so much finding the exact place you belong, but belonging in whatever your place, in any place.

I realize it may sound cornball and simplistic, but it really is true. Still working on it, myself.

Atom1966
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2014, 11:28 pm

Maybe we belong with the people who feel like they don't belong anywhere.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2014, 1:54 am

sly279 wrote:

feel i should stop checking here, but its hard for me to withdraw from any kind of social interaction even if minor, though maybe I'll just fade away like I've done on past forums. I mean i went like 2 years with very little people, though i guess technically i was in college for some of that. I'm afraid of what will happen when I'm truly alone, trapped in this prison of a room day after day. People lie and tell me I'm great, or message me on face book for reasons I don't understand, the old same questions, "hey how you" "have any luck with finding work" fake interest in me for what end I don't get. I'll stop now, going g back to my thoughts.

This is how alphas are treated sometimes. No, you don't have to be dominant and it only makes you a leader of the same gender. Gay people included. Also won't say you're an alpha. Not sure, really. You find out. Or more likely, you're a normal person who thinks the world hates you. Well, it doesn't. Humans are surprisingly tolerant and don't reject people from groups. If they do, it's a misunderstanding. Generally when they get offended.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 3:38 am

oh if only I wasn't christian. //

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2014, 5:12 pm

does anyone else feel like the only escape to freedom is death?

If i wasn't christian(please don't turn this into a debate) and didn't believe in afterlife, I'd probably kill myself. this s**t is awful so going to nothing and not existing would be freedom.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 10:50 pm

the urges are back, the thoughts, craving. afraid. why carry on. just to wast resources better spent on others.

DaLoCo
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2014, 3:09 am

sly279 wrote:
does anyone else feel like the only escape to freedom is death?

If i wasn't christian(please don't turn this into a debate) and didn't believe in afterlife, I'd probably kill myself. this sh** is awful so going to nothing and not existing would be freedom.

Way too familiar a feeling for me. :(

I have been around a bit, and have been a reborn christian for 22 years. One of the things I have realized is that we tend to be annoyed by fundamentalism. As an aspie I see the whole as it is, and I do not interpret to support a viewpoint, but rather change my viewpoint based on conclusions from the whole scripture. The NT approach tends to be the opposite, which creates discrepancies that irritate us. When I question it too much or too vocally I am seen as either rebellious or not submissive enough....you should know this very well.

This carries over into other areas. NT's communicate for the sake of communication, we do it for the sake of info transfer. This means NT's will always say things that they feel the communication process needs, even if it is not part of the worldview. They want to make sure the relationship stays intact, at the expense of a few white lies.

You need to get to the point where you can filter out the hot air from the conversations, and know that NT's talk to you because they want a relationship. Just remember, it will not be according to our definition of a relationship...it will be shallow most of the times.

By me actually pushing past my irritations I have managed to cultivate some very good friendships, even though these friends often do things that drive me mad.

All in all, understand that even though emotions are very powerful, they are also based on perceptions. Change your perceptions. WHat helped me was to study different personality types (basic reading). The Myers-Briggs personality profiles are quite interesting to read, and it gives you insight. Also, do the test to figure out what your type is....I am INTJ. It also helped me understand what I am about, and revealed some areas I can change. Change is a good thing, it brings a new challenge to occupy my brain.

My big thing is that you need to understand how valuable you are, and that the very people who hurt you have no idea how much they need you in their lives. If it feels safer, then stay on the fringes, but do not withdraw.

Also, do not for one moment believe that there is something wrong with you.....you are just different.