10 Apr 2014, 7:42 pm

Talk to the crow.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 8:18 pm

yournamehere wrote:
Talk to the crow.

I have no idea what that term means. Talk to the crow?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

10 Apr 2014, 8:55 pm

It is not termonology. :wink:

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 8:59 pm

yournamehere wrote:
It is not termonology. :wink:

What does it mean? I talk to birds, even crows. I thought I was the only one.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 9:01 pm

They see death. They have answers.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 9:12 pm

yournamehere wrote:
They see death. They have answers.

OK then. Can you tell me what fish think when they look up and see a crow flying overhead?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 9:35 pm

No clue. Animals, and humans usually naturally do not pay much attention to crows. They are overlooked alot.

I had about a 50 inch musky turn half sideways, and stare right into my eye. That was a rather strange experience. Superior freshwater preditor. It made me feel like I just got owned.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 9:41 pm

yournamehere wrote:
No clue. Animals, and humans usually naturally do not pay much attention to crows. They are overlooked alot.

I had about a 50 inch musky turn half sideways, and stare right into my eye. That was a rather strange experience. Superior freshwater preditor. It made me feel like I just got owned.

CRows are very intelligent. They say crows remember human faces, especially the faces of human who have tried to harm them, and even communicate to other crows about specific human beings, so that crows who have never seen the evil person before will recognize thm on sight. I have also seen ordinary sparrows learn to activate motions sensors on supermarket automatic doors and gaining entrance to stores by fluttering in a stationary position in front of the sensor until the door opens, when no human is close enough to be involved

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 9:51 pm

khaoz wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

CRows are very intelligent. They say crows remember human faces, especially the faces of human who have tried to harm them, and even communicate to other crows about specific human beings, so that crows who have never seen the evil person before will recognize thm on sight. I have also seen ordinary sparrows learn to activate motions sensors on supermarket automatic doors and gaining entrance to stores by fluttering in a stationary position in front of the sensor until the door opens, when no human is close enough to be involved

Have you ever noticed how annoying a crow looks to other birds? You see them as black, but to other birds, they are not. Some will try not to look at them.

This is getting off topic.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 4:28 am

Bodyles wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
Bodyles wrote:
Erm.

Predestination tends to imply the opposite of atheism, that we're being controlled by some force outside ourselves.
Why would you post something like that on an atheism forum and expect not to be ridiculed? :roll:

Predestination does not neccessarily imply intelligent beings knowing what will happen to us.
That was not the intention of my post.

It could as well be a non-intelligent "just is"-force that has no intentions whatsoever.
Which was the intention of my post.

If people believe we have free will, they will have to prove it.
So far, traditional physics/mechanics tells us that we have no free will. Life runs its course.
Everything is merely a result of causation-chains.

First, I said nothing about intelligent beings, you inferred that I think that atheists only reject the concept of gods.
Knowing many atheists in my time, I can tell you this is not the case.
They generally reject the idea of any outside force controlling themselves and the universe, intelligent or not.
Which is what I was saying.

What, they don't believe in gravity? That would explain so much. 8O

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 9:24 am

It is not gravity. The theory is wrong. It is grabbity. Because it grabs you, and pulls you down. It is an outside force that is grabbing you, and pulling you down. It is controlling your every move, because you cannot go up. :lol:

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2014, 9:35 am

Thinkinginpictures, don't mind about it. Ask, search, speculate. We all stand on an unknown land. It's not mine neither yours truth that will ever govern the universe.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 5:30 pm

thinkinginpictures,
as long as have spoken to them in a respectful,non arrogant way then have not done anything to warrant the rudeness on that thread so woud suggest leaving that community as it isnt worth the stress on mental health.
people behave very hive minded there and use ridicule to deflect away from the point [havent read what the original post was] instead of allowing to question things, which is funny as athiests have often hated supporters of traditional religeons for being hive minded and not allowing anything different to be said of their religeon.

perhaps shoud find a more relaxed forum but it might be worth taking a break first from religeous forums to release stress first as these types of forums get pretty rowdy,am always taking breaks from WP when pain is to much.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 1:40 am

leafplant wrote:
Bodyles wrote:
Bodyles wrote:
Erm.

Predestination tends to imply the opposite of atheism, that we're being controlled by some force outside ourselves.
Why would you post something like that on an atheism forum and expect not to be ridiculed? :roll:

Predestination does not neccessarily imply intelligent beings knowing what will happen to us.
That was not the intention of my post.

It could as well be a non-intelligent "just is"-force that has no intentions whatsoever.
Which was the intention of my post.

If people believe we have free will, they will have to prove it.
So far, traditional physics/mechanics tells us that we have no free will. Life runs its course.
Everything is merely a result of causation-chains.

First, I said nothing about intelligent beings, you inferred that I think that atheists only reject the concept of gods.
Knowing many atheists in my time, I can tell you this is not the case.
They generally reject the idea of any outside force controlling themselves and the universe, intelligent or not.
Which is what I was saying.

What, they don't believe in gravity? That would explain so much. 8O

There is no evidence that gravity exists extrinsically to the universe, and therefore it is not an outside force, meaning literally a force outside the universe.

...or was that sarcasm?

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 1:43 am

yournamehere wrote:
It is not gravity. The theory is wrong. It is grabbity. Because it grabs you, and pulls you down. It is an outside force that is grabbing you, and pulling you down. It is controlling your every move, because you cannot go up. :lol:

Actually, it's possible that we're not being pulled down by an extant force so much as we are being pushed down by the curvature of space around our planet.
Everything's a matter of perspective, really.
Ask Einstein, he'd tell you that it's all relative. :wink:

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2014, 3:54 am

When two quantum particles are Entangled, they seem connected to each other.

If a photon, with the spin Up is entangled with another photon, the other photon will have the spin Down.

If you "touch" one of those photons, placed in a very large distance from each other, you seem to instantly touch the other.

Einstein named it "Spookey Action at a Distance".

If any such connection should occur, there should be a signal transmitted from one particle to the other.

But NO information can travel faster than light, by its very definition. Yet, the "connection" seems to happen instantly.

Now, I think I have come up with an even more dangereous conclusion to this question:

The synchronization between these entangled particles, is that there is no entanglement at all!
It is fate. Pre-destination.

You know Fate or Pre-destination. It says that every action has a cause. And every cause has a cause too. Back to the beginning of time.

We are all subject to Fate or Pre-destination, because every move we make, every thought we think, is ultimately caused by a cause caused by other causes, that we cannot control.

Back to the entangled particle (which I believe is not entangled at all):

When you bring a particle into quantum-entanglement state, what you are really doing is to bring it to its ultimate fate.

Meaning that when you touch the other particle, the "entangled" particle will react too, but not because of your touch, but because it was pre-destined to do so, at the
very same moment you did your move.

Your move has absolutely nothing to do with the "entangled" particle. Your move, was pre-destined by fate, and it just happened to be at the same time that the "entangled" photon did its move.

I think where your argument goes a bit astray is in the assertion that what is understood as quantum entanglement is actually an example of predestination. While it is possible that you are correct (i don't think you are, but what do i know?) if you are correct, then quite a few physicists who have spent their lives studying QM are barking up the wrong tree.

The problem with the predestination idea is that it doesn't provide a reasonable explanation of how the events could be predetermined. The goal of physics is to understand the how the univere actually works. Claiming that entanglement is wrong but providing no explanation why your idea should be prefered is exactly what leafplant described at the start; you come in like a four year old claiming you have the answers to a group that long ago may have considered and rejected that idea. You are claiming that most physicists are wrong but you don't seem aware that you haven't even begun to address how your idea could explain how the universe works on a mechanical level.

It seems to me that you are upset that your idea was not accepted uncritically. You seem to want unchallenged acceptance of your ideas, but you do not feel compelled to provide a clear, structured argument as to why your ideas might have any validity. You seem to interpret this as cruelty. But from the perspective of a person who is interested in getting closer to the truth, wouldn't it be cruel to happily let you persue a poorly thought out concept without provideing the challenges to it that might force you to really think out the idea?

If a person believed that they did not need to eat and could survive wholely on sunlight, would it be more cruel to let them persist in their misguided beliefs and let them die of starvation or to make them come face to face with their own misguided beliefs and help them learn from their mistakes so they might survive?

While people very well might be openly ridiculing you for presenting an idea that is not clearly thought out or supported by any evidence, it might be said that they are helping to force you to really refine your ideas. Maybe it is cruel, but it seems they are being cruel to you because you are demanding acceptance of an idea that you haven't made the effort to fully support. Their cruelty might just be a harsh way of guiding you toward better thinking.