I really want a boyfriend

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 4:44 pm

I think it's so stupid. Every dating site I have tried I suddenly find out I have to pay. I look for free dating sites, but it still says I have to pay, and I can't use a card online (won't explain why, as it is private information). So that's a bit of a disappointment.

And meeting people in real life? I do talk to people, and I have had men tell me I am pretty and they seem to like flirting, but then I suddenly find out they are married. There is a guy that seemed like he was asking me out, then when I asked who he lived with (out of casual conversation), he said a wife, and I was surprised. I know he likes me because somebody else (who I trust) said so, and I am flattered but know I mustn't flirt too much with him because he's married. *sigh*

Then loads of other men are married that I know and like. Nobody's single. And I have no friends to go out with and meet people, and I am too shy to meet a boyfriend just going places on my own.

All my stupid cousins are now in deep relationships with somebody. I feel like just saying f**k you to them and just killing myself so I don't have to put up with this f*****g lonely s**t arse life any more. And I'm going to lose my lovely mum soon because she's going on an airplane at the end of this year and since that thing about the Malaysa thing I am put off by airplanes because of f*****g terrorists I HATE TERRORISTS I f*****g HATE LIVING IN FEAR OF THE f*****g c***s!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

and ironically you are in the one webpage where the majority of the males are equally desperate for a GF.

Not being an ass, just pointing out this curious tidbit. Have you tried the odd-bods thread and contacting those in your area you may be interested in? :)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 5:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Then loads of other men are married that I know and like. Nobody's single. And I have no friends to go out with and meet people, and I am too shy to meet a boyfriend just going places on my own.

Doesn't help you much that you completely ignore men that try to get in contact with you.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 7:23 pm

Sorry to hear all this, Jo. You seem like a really nice gal.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2014, 7:26 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Doesn't help you much that you completely ignore men that try to get in contact with you.

...er why would she want to go out with married men? That's a recipe for disaster.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 12:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
I think it's so stupid. Every dating site I have tried I suddenly find out I have to pay. I look for free dating sites, but it still says I have to pay, and I can't use a card online (won't explain why, as it is private information). So that's a bit of a disappointment.

And meeting people in real life? I do talk to people, and I have had men tell me I am pretty and they seem to like flirting, but then I suddenly find out they are married. There is a guy that seemed like he was asking me out, then when I asked who he lived with (out of casual conversation), he said a wife, and I was surprised. I know he likes me because somebody else (who I trust) said so, and I am flattered but know I mustn't flirt too much with him because he's married. *sigh*

All my stupid cousins are now in deep relationships with somebody. I feel like just saying f**k you to them and just killing myself so I don't have to put up with this f***ing lonely sh** arse life any more. And I'm going to lose my lovely mum soon because she's going on an airplane at the end of this year and since that thing about the Malaysa thing I am put off by airplanes because of f***ing terrorists I HATE TERRORISTS I f***ing HATE LIVING IN FEAR OF THE f***ing c****! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

have you tried okcupid and plenty of fish?

plus yeah there are tons of us men wanting a gf on here.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

Tequila wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Who said I ignore men? When a man gives me flirtatious attention, I flirt back, but I can't exactly date them if they are married, though I am always willing to be friends. But that's not the point at the moment. I am seeing too many happy couples around me and I feel like I am a loser that's missing out on all the fun.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 8:11 pm

I think he meant that he sent you a message one time and you didn't respond to him.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2014, 11:25 pm

What happened to the boyfriend you got?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 12:06 am

okcupid and plentyoffish are the two big free online dating sites. good luck.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

Quote:

Thanks, they better be proper free, not just free to sign up.

Quote:

I thought he was my boyfriend, then I found he was married. I'm still in touch with him and hoping he will leave her but I don't think he will and I can't get involved in their marriage and make them split up because I'm not like that. Unbelievably all the men who I work with are married too. Nobody's single nowadays, they all have some wife attached to them.

Quote:
I think he meant that he sent you a message one time and you didn't respond to him.

Is he still going on about that? I didn't intentionally ignore the message, it's just until recently I didn't used to do PM's. I've sent PM's to countless people on here and never got a reply back but I don't keep on bringing it up on the forum, I just don't take it personally then move on. It's only until recently that I wanted a boyfriend, I didn't care too much before.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 7:51 pm

There was a guy on here your age, over there in England, who I used to talk to in PM's sometimes who really had the hots for you. I haven't seen him in a while so I don't know if he's on here. I encouraged him to tell you and ask you out but I don't know if he did. If I can remember his user name I'll PM him.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

pete42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2014, 9:50 pm

check out meetup.com.

It's not a dating site. Rather, it's place where you can find people with similar interests and meet up in real life.. not as a 1-on-1 date but as a group. It's a brilliant way to meet people interested in the same things you are, and as it's a group thing, it's totally safe. Everybody is there for the same reason... to pursue their interest and meet new people. It's great!

You are very likely an Aspie

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks, they better be proper free, not just free to sign up.

Okcupid is free. POF is free as well but its not very good in my opinion.

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

I thought he was my boyfriend, then I found he was married. I'm still in touch with him and hoping he will leave her but I don't think he will and I can't get involved in their marriage and make them split up because I'm not like that. Unbelievably all the men who I work with are married too. Nobody's single nowadays, they all have some wife attached to them.

Please don't be that kind of person that 'hopes' another leaves his wife. How can you trust a guy that left his wife for you? He'd just as easily do that to you later on. You are better and deserve better than that :)

alessi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2014, 11:17 pm

I thought I wanted a boyfriend too but I had a partner who was abusive and nasty. He cheated and finally dumped me.
I don't think I can go through that again. I am still not over it.
All that glitters is not gold.

alessi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2014, 11:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:
And I'm going to lose my lovely mum soon because she's going on an airplane at the end of this year and since that thing about the Malaysa thing I am put off by airplanes because of f***ing terrorists I HATE TERRORISTS I f***ing HATE LIVING IN FEAR OF THE f***ing c****! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

You can at least manage the flying issue by only flying Qantas. Make sure your mother flies Qantas and statistically she should survive.