I failed my second attempt in getting my drivers licsene

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 12:30 pm

Today was the big day that I would take my offical driver's test to get my liscense to drive alone but I did everything fine. I did everything great in the practice parking lot with the three point turn around and the parrell parking. Once I headed out of the street by the way of the tester things got kind of bad. I froze on in the middle of a four lane highway to turn left. I almost got rear ended. I passed in front of people. Other than those three I did great. Stupid cars that I ran in front of. Those cost me, I failed. I hate it. I freaken failed. I kept my self from crying in public and when I got home and no one home I cried on the floor in the middle of my livingroom. I'm still majorly upset. Typing this is making me feel a llitle better.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 12:37 pm

I failed mine years ago too. Actually, I didn't even show up for the test. You gave it a try so you're ahead man! I, too, freeze up on the road. Too many cars and I find it hard to respond to them, and the thing is, you're not expected to respond, you're expected to make quick decisions (quick and wise decisions) and move. Plus, I'm directionally impaired... Anyway, you're closer to passing the exam...so cheer up...

23 Feb 2007, 1:37 pm

I once failed badly too right when the test started. It was snowing out and I was pulling out to begin the test and I saw a pick up truck coming and it stopped so I pulled out and then I was told something and I knew it was bad but she told me she will tell me later, just do as she says for now so she kept telling me to turn right everytime I came to the next intersection and then we were back where we started so I had driven in a big circle and then she explained it to me but I never grasped the concept so I still don't know. I remember she said something about the truck and the roads and other cars.

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Feb 2007, 7:24 pm

I failed my first time and passed on my second try. I live very close to you, and I was told that our county had a more difficult driving test than most and that everyone fails it at least once. I don't know how true that is, but I hope you pass it next time.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2007, 9:50 pm

People that pass in the first try often get lucky, and bad habits can go overlooked.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 12:55 am

If it makes you feel better, my first driver's test I failed at the beginning after hitting a cone while backing out. :P 8am + tired + energy drink = not good driver

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 2:32 am

TigerFire wrote:
Today was the big day that I would take my offical driver's test to get my liscense to drive alone but I did everything fine. I did everything great in the practice parking lot with the three point turn around and the parrell parking. Once I headed out of the street by the way of the tester things got kind of bad. I froze on in the middle of a four lane highway to turn left. I almost got rear ended. I passed in front of people. Other than those three I did great. Stupid cars that I ran in front of. Those cost me, I failed. I hate it. I freaken failed. I kept my self from crying in public and when I got home and no one home I cried on the floor in the middle of my livingroom. I'm still majorly upset. Typing this is making me feel a llitle better.

Hey, some people take more than once. I needed to take it twice. Just keep going.

On sabbatical...

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2007, 9:37 am

At least you have the courage to TRY. I'm sure you'll pass the second time.

Me, I'm 43, and have never even attempted to get my license. Although I can handle a car just fine if it's on a deserted road, I become overwhelmed and confused when other cars are present. Thruways, intersections and the like put me in a state of near-shock.

Was discussing this odd phenomenon with my shrink yesterday, and she explained that the influx of stimuli coming at me, combined with the need for precise multi-tasking, causes a "shutdown." But I already knew that. :roll:

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 12:09 pm

Driving isn't easy...in fact it's fooking hard :? Having to control that machine when there are so many idiots on the road is what makes it challenging...fark, I've been on the road for quite a while and still stupid situations happen. Like people changing lanes without warning on top of me! Come on, my car may be grey but it's not THAT invisible! :?

I think you got unlucky with this one. Having to deal with stupid people is a challenge...looks like you scored quite a few. But let's face it...there will always be stupid people on the road, you need to learn how to deal with them in a safe manner. The driving instructor is just making sure you can do this...operate a motor vehicle in a calm and safe manner.

A lot of people will fail once, twice, even more. It's no easy task. I'd say get back out there and practise as much as you can, learn the ropes as well as you can...then try for your license again :)

kayetes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2007, 3:21 pm

I failed my second attempt too. Actually the instructor asked me once if I had any will to survive :D

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 4:46 pm

I passed mine on the first try. I knew how to do everything. Then, it might have been because I took it downtown in a low traffic community where the speed limit was 15 mph. No interstate and no fourlane.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 4:54 pm

It took me four times to pass my test.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2007, 6:21 pm

That sucks. It's a good thing I won't be getting a car, for I'm against air pollution.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 12:20 am

RedMage wrote:
That sucks. It's a good thing I won't be getting a car, for I'm against air pollution.

Hey! That's a nice reason for not getting a car...I think I might say that the next time someone tells me I should get a driver's license...

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 12:39 am

That's why I have a bike, and will continue using it.

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2007, 12:51 am

If it makes you feel better I passed the test the first time then totaled the car a year later