My Mom Dragged Me INto the Bathtub and Held Me Down

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 7:11 pm

And Sprayed Water all over Me.
Then She Lathered Me UP and Made Me Sit There.

I'm really upset, I don't understand!

(That's what my cat is saying to me with his eyes, I had to give him an allergy bath.) He's so sad, he thinks I betrayed him! :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 7:13 pm

Your kitty will get over it. Just give him/her catnip!

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 7:17 pm

Hi, wozeree! Just wondering; but what's an allergy bath? Anyway, I don't think there was any real harm done....and sometimes, it's even necessary to bathe cats, like when they get into something they're not supposed to that could be harmful to them, or if they are unable to groom themselves (one of my cousins used to have a cat who was really old and had that problem - made pretty much everyone who went near him sneeze! :P) If you're loving on him right now, after the fact, I'm sure he'll be all right eventually. :)

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 7:21 pm

Oh, this is about a cat being restrained while getting a bath? I thought at first that this was something that arguably might be child abuse. :lol:

Being a cat owner isn't always easy, sometimes you have to do things you know they won't like because it's for their own good. I've never bathed my two cats though except for using pet wipes or "waterless" cat shampoo I got at the pet store.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm

Well, I got him dry and fluffy and I guess he's forgiven me since he curled up with me and touched my cheek with his paw. Phew, I hate seeing him distressed like that!

Hi LtlPinkCoupe! I had to use a special shampoo on him because he's been scratching himself silly. It's supposed to help his skin ward off allergies, that's why he had to sit there all lathered up until it soaked in. He's eight and he's never had a bath before in his life (at least since I've had him). HE was a good boy!

Thanks for the comforting words everyone~

OnPorpoise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2014, 10:27 pm

It's so sad when they can't understand that what we do is for their own good. I have to clean my cat's ears out and she hates it and wiggles and squirms until she gets away. But she's so good, she doesn't try to bite or claw me.

Cats get lonesome too and worried, not just dogs. They know your routine, so if you have to leave the house at an unusual (for you) time or stay away longer, when you get home they're looking out the window, wondering. And they act so happy. I figure mine always thinks she'll never see me again :(

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 12:10 am

Hi, I guess the allergy shampoo is suppose to help with grass or tree pollen which has gotten into his coat?

If you have to do this again in a week or two, would it help to model lathering up (maybe with a different soap) your own arms?

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 12:16 am

repeat :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 2:28 am

give commander a promotion :) maybe to captain?

Aspergirl14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2014, 5:32 am

Cats hate getting wet lol, though sometimes its necessary to give them a bath. Usually I just have a nice comfy blanket waiting for mine when they get out and a tasty treat stick (a meat stick, their favourite) and they soon forget about it :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 6:47 am

Aspergirl14 wrote:
Cats hate getting wet lol, though sometimes its necessary to give them a bath. Usually I just have a nice comfy blanket waiting for mine when they get out and a tasty treat stick (a meat stick, their favourite) and they soon forget about it :)

Apparently some cats don't mind it at all, but its kinda rare....the cats I have probably would not take kindly to being bathed, but they do like to go out in the rain sometimes and will come in all wet. Also in the winter they like playing in the snow except the black cat with no tail tries to tiptoe around all the snow and not step in it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 8:15 am

In my experience when cats see that its raining they will pause at the door(while you stand there with the door open), and flick thier paws, contemplating how that "that stuff is hard on the feet". Then they will generally turn around and go back into the house. But they will keep on pestering you to go out. But intriguingly- they will pester you at different doors in the house. Apparently in cat logic the outdoors outside of one door could be different, and better, than the outdoors outside of another door!

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I thought commander was above captain. Just goes to show what I know.

Ha, I was really upset when I started this thread, but it turned it a fun cat thread. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 6:02 pm

wozeree wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I thought commander was above captain. Just goes to show what I know.

Ha, I was really upset when I started this thread, but it turned it a fun cat thread. :D

the point being that you should give extra love to your cat especially when he needs a bath. maybe give him goodies when he's in the water so he learns to associate baths with goodies?

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 6:19 pm

wozeree wrote:
Well, I got him dry and fluffy and I guess he's forgiven me since he curled up with me and touched my cheek with his paw. Phew, I hate seeing him distressed like that!

Hi LtlPinkCoupe! I had to use a special shampoo on him because he's been scratching himself silly. It's supposed to help his skin ward off allergies, that's why he had to sit there all lathered up until it soaked in. He's eight and he's never had a bath before in his life (at least since I've had him). HE was a good boy!

Thanks for the comforting words everyone~

Yeah, my mom's dog gets skin allergies too - she also gets baths with a special shampoo, and it's actually kind of funny when the bath is over and she gets out....she runs all over the house rubbing her sides all over the carpets, chairs, etc.

And yes, there are some cats who actually seem to like baths....I once saw a Youtube video of a cat who was lying almost fully submerged a bowl of warm water (think of an alligator peeking over the surface of a swamp) and when her owner tried to lift her out, she would protest loudly and jump back in. :lol:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2014, 6:13 pm

Now I had to buy him rabbit food so I can see if chicken allergy is what's causing the problem.

I know it's dumb, but I feel like I'm feeding skibum to him! Cows or chickens on the other hand (even though I like them too), I have no problem with. Go figure! Bunnies though, maybe it because they look a little like cats.