Hallwoeen's coming up, fear the Pagans!! !!

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,447
Location: About 50 miles past the middle of nowhere

27 Sep 2014, 12:27 am

That pisses me off so goddamned bad! I get kinda touchy this time of year about it. You see stupid s**t on the news about it too. Animal shelters that won't give away black cats in the fall, blood bank places doing serious background searches on new employees, Walmart cashiers giving you the eye when you buy a bunch of the black candles they sell, etc. All of this s**t is simply from crap on the news that as taken from some s**t that loser outcast high school students did when they decided they were going to be self described "Devil Worshipers" and do crazy s**t they saw in movies or the most insane s**t their little feeble brains could think of! They are NOT actual Pagans and their stupid antics make everyone think that the for real Pagans are like that!! !

I get absolutely furious this time of year. All the misconceptions come out, and they are ridiculous. I make sure to ear my pentagram every f*****g day this time of year, hoping I get a chance to to correct some misguided ideas. My small minded bible belt town even goes as far as to MOVE Halloween to a different night if it falls on Sunday or Wednesday so the baby Jesus doesn't cry.

It's enough to make me WANT to go and do something to them, but I won't because that's not what my religion teaches. Although the wish I may throw into the cauldron this year may be for a very nasty pox to infect all of the no brained idiots who think of us like that!

I'm FURIOUS!


_________________
I'm giving it another shot. We will see.
My forum is still there and everyone is welcome to come join as well. There is a private women only subforum there if anyone is interested. Also, there is no CAPTCHA. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com


BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,471
Location: PA, USA

27 Sep 2014, 10:01 am

Awww, they don't really give a crap about Baby Jesus being offended, honey.

They just know that, in a competition of costumes and candy vs. evening Bible study, Bible study probably ain't going to be real popular with the 3-16 set. I mean, realistically...


_________________
"Alas, our dried voices when we whisper together are quiet and meaningless, as wind in dry grass, or rats' feet over broken glass in our dry cellar." --TS Eliot, "The Hollow Men"


mattschwartz01
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2014
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 181

27 Sep 2014, 3:51 pm

What gets me is the Jehova's Witnesses that won't let their children have a little innocent fun on Halloween. I love this time of year and I'm going to a halloween party at my favorite bar.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,556
Location: Aux Arcs

27 Sep 2014, 6:00 pm

The best time of the year really,kids don't get to have fun like they used to.Who wants to trick-or-treat at the mall?
f**k them and the horse they rode in on.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,986

28 Sep 2014, 7:59 pm

The animal shelters aren't worried about the actual Pagans and Wiccans. They're worried about the teenagers and low-lifes who think torturing animals constitutes Halloween entertainment. I've worked at a shelter, and I've seen the Goth kids coming in droves asking, "You got any black cats?"



WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 683
Location: Contae Ciarraí, Éire

28 Sep 2014, 11:54 pm

christians will be be christians - theyre annoying but thats a give-in. i get more furious at all the "pagans" whove hi-jacked my ancestors culture, such as so importannt a festival as Samhain, for their mutilated, new age garbage.


_________________
Níb caram-si, á Áes catha


pezar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,432

29 Sep 2014, 12:37 am

WildTaltos wrote:
christians will be be christians - theyre annoying but thats a give-in. i get more furious at all the "pagans" whove hi-jacked my ancestors culture, such as so importannt a festival as Samhain, for their mutilated, new age garbage.


Vegan Druids. Really? :roll: :roll: Somebody online once pointed out that pork was a preferred meat in Old Celtic culture. That, and horse. Modern "Paganism" is for a lot of people mostly based on Hinduism, with a little Celt mixed in. If one digs Hinduism, fine, but don't say you're a Druid or Wiccan. As for OOM, she calls herself Druid, but I think she's mixed it with a bunch of stuff from Wicca. Druids don't cast spells that I'm aware of, nor do they use the Pentagram.



pezar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,432

29 Sep 2014, 12:45 am

YippySkippy wrote:
The animal shelters aren't worried about the actual Pagans and Wiccans. They're worried about the teenagers and low-lifes who think torturing animals constitutes Halloween entertainment. I've worked at a shelter, and I've seen the Goth kids coming in droves asking, "You got any black cats?"


The only thing worse is the doofs who dye rabbits pink for Easter. Then the bunnies are sold to even bigger morons, who get bored of their new pet after a few months and dump it. I've heard of dyed baby chicks too. In urban areas, you can't keep chickens. As for torturing cats, I knew guys in HS who got their jollies from dismembering live cats. I once heard of a case where some kids put a kitten under a plastic traffic cone with a lit M80. The kids were eventually arrested. During the witch-killing era in the 17th century, the French burned cats to death by the shitload, finally the king had to step in and order them to stop.



WildTaltos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 683
Location: Contae Ciarraí, Éire

29 Sep 2014, 1:21 pm

pezar wrote:
WildTaltos wrote:
christians will be be christians - theyre annoying but thats a give-in. i get more furious at all the "pagans" whove hi-jacked my ancestors culture, such as so importannt a festival as Samhain, for their mutilated, new age garbage.


Vegan Druids. Really? :roll: :roll: Somebody online once pointed out that pork was a preferred meat in Old Celtic culture. That, and horse. Modern "Paganism" is for a lot of people mostly based on Hinduism, with a little Celt mixed in. If one digs Hinduism, fine, but don't say you're a Druid or Wiccan. As for OOM, she calls herself Druid, but I think she's mixed it with a bunch of stuff from Wicca. Druids don't cast spells that I'm aware of, nor do they use the Pentagram.


^^ lol, exactly my sentiment. from what i can telll, most "paganism" practiced today is eithre people basicallly copying hinduism but then throwing in celtic or scandinavian names so that they can claim they are of a celtic or norse tradition or their basically wiccan which i have always called "pagan christians" due to the very obviouslly christian morals (and when not using christian ethics, they are using eastern/hindu ideas and ethics). and yeah, druids dont use a pentagram while the notion of "spells" when brought up by anyone, they usually get it from wicca rather than the actuall celtic concept of what magic is.


_________________
Níb caram-si, á Áes catha


pezar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2008
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,432

29 Sep 2014, 4:18 pm

WildTaltos wrote:
pezar wrote:
WildTaltos wrote:
christians will be be christians - theyre annoying but thats a give-in. i get more furious at all the "pagans" whove hi-jacked my ancestors culture, such as so importannt a festival as Samhain, for their mutilated, new age garbage.


Vegan Druids. Really? :roll: :roll: Somebody online once pointed out that pork was a preferred meat in Old Celtic culture. That, and horse. Modern "Paganism" is for a lot of people mostly based on Hinduism, with a little Celt mixed in. If one digs Hinduism, fine, but don't say you're a Druid or Wiccan. As for OOM, she calls herself Druid, but I think she's mixed it with a bunch of stuff from Wicca. Druids don't cast spells that I'm aware of, nor do they use the Pentagram.


^^ lol, exactly my sentiment. from what i can telll, most "paganism" practiced today is eithre people basicallly copying hinduism but then throwing in celtic or scandinavian names so that they can claim they are of a celtic or norse tradition or their basically wiccan which i have always called "pagan christians" due to the very obviouslly christian morals (and when not using christian ethics, they are using eastern/hindu ideas and ethics). and yeah, druids dont use a pentagram while the notion of "spells" when brought up by anyone, they usually get it from wicca rather than the actuall celtic concept of what magic is.


There's a cult in America called "Nation of Islam" that was popular among radical blacks in the 60s, but it really isn't Islam at all but black folk religion that uses Islamic terminology. Modern Druids/Wiccans are pretty much the same way, taking other religions and changing the terminology so it appears to be something else.



Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 56
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,556
Location: Aux Arcs

29 Sep 2014, 6:38 pm

pezar wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
The animal shelters aren't worried about the actual Pagans and Wiccans. They're worried about the teenagers and low-lifes who think torturing animals constitutes Halloween entertainment. I've worked at a shelter, and I've seen the Goth kids coming in droves asking, "You got any black cats?"


The only thing worse is the doofs who dye rabbits pink for Easter. Then the bunnies are sold to even bigger morons, who get bored of their new pet after a few months and dump it. I've heard of dyed baby chicks too. In urban areas, you can't keep chickens. As for torturing cats, I knew guys in HS who got their jollies from dismembering live cats. I once heard of a case where some kids put a kitten under a plastic traffic cone with a lit M80. The kids were eventually arrested. During the witch-killing era in the 17th century, the French burned cats to death by the shitload, finally the king had to step in and order them to stop.

I remember the chicks and ducks all pastel colors offered up at Easter,they would be in the grocery stores.Thank goodness I don't see that anymore.They would get me a couple and then when they got big enough to crow they would butcher them.Not a happy ending.I doubt most of them purchased ever got big enough to crow,chicks need warmth and they are not toys.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi