Any one here on speaking terms with their family?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 12:27 am

With all the bullsh!t I've been going through since my landlord was here this past week, I may be out on the street come the new year (unless he changes his mind and can get rid of the remaining deadbeat here in the townhouse, and can rent out the den, the master bedroom, and the remaining deadbeat's bedroom). I am looking into public housing, but almost all the apartments for low income/elderly/disabled have at least a 2 year waiting list, most are located in York city, and, from having to pick up the elderly lady I used to help when she lived in her home in the country in Southern York County at her apartment complex, are poorly maintained. I tried to ask my brother that lives in Gettysburg for help, and the message I get is a veiled F!ck you. It's to the point I'm back to sleeping only 3 hours per night, my anxiety is through the roof, I've been melting down over the slightest provocation. I'd make an appointment with my psychologist, except I don't have my car back from the shop. I doubt I'd even be able to get an appointment this week, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I can't cope anymore. I'm tired of being taken advantage of, I'm tired of cleaning up after everyone and not getting any help, I'm tired of the snide comments from the deadbeat, I'm tired of catching hell from the landlord for the place being dirty, when I'm the one trying to keep this place clean (and not very successfully), I'm tired of being shafted by all the social service organizations here in PA, I'm tired of being f!cked over by the commonwealth of PA, and I'm tired of being f'cked over by the jackasses inside the DC Beltway. In short, I'm tired, and I damn near close to wanting to go to sleep permanently, since no one, except maybe my church, and I haven't been there for the past month, no thanks to this bout of bronchitis I've has, and not having any transportation to get to church. And to be truthful, no one in the congregation, except the pastor, knows that I'm on the spectrum. I don't know, Seasonal Affective Disorder may be part of my problem. It's just that I need help, and none is forthcoming.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 12:35 am

Don't let the barstids get you down! Take a cue from Heinlein and focus on outliving them all, that way eventually you won't have to be on speaking terms with them.

In my case I've started getting out a pencil and paper and make drawings of the offending parties standing on an escalator descending down to meet their true Master. I find it more rewarding than having to patch holes in walls or trying to reassemble something that I turned out to really need