A glued-together vase is never the same

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 11:26 pm

That's really inspiring. Maybe I'll take it up.

Did you know English when you came here? I can't imagine moving to Russia when I was a senior in HS. You wouldn't have to be descending into madness to be confused and terrified in that situation.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2015, 11:32 pm

wozeree wrote:
That's really inspiring. Maybe I'll take it up.

Did you know English when you came here? I can't imagine moving to Russia when I was a senior in HS. You wouldn't have to be descending into madness to be confused and terrified in that situation.

Thank you.

We were taught British English for several years in USSR, but it was 90% useless upon coming here. I could change tenses in simple sentences, and say things like "Nina... had... a... lamp". Or rather, I could disassemble simple things in writing, but not assemble sentences in realtime, nor could I understand anything that Americans are saying.

And my vocabulary was miniscule.

I watched a lot of TV with captions on. Graduated the 12th grade with 2.0 GPA. Much lower than my grades in native Russian in 11th grade in Soviet school. Had to retake one class in the summer as I recall...

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 12:29 am

I like your analogy. I too am a broken vase. Sometimes it feels like the pieces are barely holding together.
And I agree - flippant positivism is condescending and belittling.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 8:25 am

You, absolutely, have the wrong idea about me, buddy.

You don't get my point. Where did I say, or even imply, that you're a lazy sloth?

You've got ideas in your head which you can't get rid off.

All I was saying--is that people have to build new vases, not try to repair broken ones.

That's it.

What can I say? I can't please the world. Obviously, I set you off in some way...and for that, I apologize.

Forget about judging me: you don't know me personally. And I can't judge you: you don't know me personally.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 3:21 pm

^^ It's all about you and how you feel, isn't it. Why don't you make your own thread?
Apology accepted, despite your continued condescension. Now kindly stop.

androbot01 wrote:
I like your analogy. I too am a broken vase. Sometimes it feels like the pieces are barely holding together.
And I agree - flippant positivism is condescending and belittling.

Amazingly I've even ran into doctors like this before. "What's with this depression stuff? My cousin's depressed, I don't get it. I just tell him to snap out of it - there are children starving in Africa."

Sure, wallowing in darkness is bad. And misery loves company, which is also bad.

But even people who don't wallow, who simply struggle with it, can have moments of despair. And knowing that someone else can relate, isn't always a pathologically bad thing. So thank you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 5:59 pm

Where did I say that what you're going through is pathological?

The other things I said stand.

I was only advocating building a new vase, rather than trying to put together the old one.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 6:15 pm

^ Yes, and these are all good points from everyone. I know no one can undo the damage done by bullies - I've had it done to me, and the pain can be unbearable. :( But most importantly, everyone here is 'on the same page' and supportive.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 6:41 pm

Fight on and win, the wall of fear and hate has to fall :wall:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 6:47 pm

Yep...that head will persist, and will knock down that wall!

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The other things I said stand.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But whatever makes you feel better chief

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 8:15 pm

Thanks, Chief.

Sometimes, people don't agree. This is one of those times.

Why don't you tell me, without insulting me, why you don't think I understand what you're going through.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 9:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Thanks, Chief.

Sometimes, people don't agree. This is one of those times.

Why don't you tell me, without insulting me, why you don't think I understand what you're going through.

What, you don't like being patronized? Quelle surprise.

I've addressed you directly and clearly in the very first and second reply I made to you. The rest of our exchange was a redundant waste of space and time (and my nerves), because your ego wouldn't let you stop posting, not even past the point where a person with any sense of dignity or shame would just ... stop.

The more you post, the more you expose that none of this was about helping someone else. It's about YOU. YOU come into a thread of someone in a moment of despair, and then tell them that YOU sucked it up, and so should they. That they should stop HARPING and WALLOWING about it, and NOT BEING CONSTRUCTIVE - your words, not mine.

Then you try to backpedal parts of it, but not really, and issue apologies for HOW THEY FEEL, instead for what you said. Not that I care about your fake apologies. I wanted you to stop defecating on this thread a page ago.

I don't care that you're "Mr. Softee" in real life, or that your name is Richard. I knew exactly what you are from your first post, and you keep confirming it more and more with EACH CONSEQUENT POST of yours, because you're a weak, selfish person who preys on others in moments of weakness, and absolutely MUST have the last word.

Well, you're not getting one. I'm in a rather terrible mood, and I just don't care for being a grown-up and letting things slide. Bring it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 9:34 pm

No use.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 9:37 pm

lol

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 1:34 am

Monsterland, stop attacking people.

1. It is against the forum rules.

2. Noone will have any sympathy for your self-confessed "self-pity post" if you keep it up.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 1:45 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
Monsterland, stop attacking people.

1. It is against the forum rules.

2. Noone will have any sympathy for your self-confessed "self-pity post" if you keep it up.

So it's _not against forum rules_ to attack people when you do it in passive-aggressive fashion. Then the person who responds to your attacks will be the bad guy who gets berated by moderator.

Making a note about "unwritten forum rules" here, thanks for the heads-up.