Page 488 of 496 [ 7936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 485, 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491 ... 496  Next

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,937

02 Jan 2022, 10:38 am

Flown wrote:
I can't have a real CONVERSATION here, and it is maddening. I have felt like the minority since I joined, and things have definitely not improved as of late.


Oh yeah. I haven't been here too much longer than you, but it's been years. Feel the same way. Some good souls here, but often things veer too close to, "This is the Law."



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 82,617
Location: Queens, NYC

02 Jan 2022, 10:46 am

I can have a “real conversation” with anybody……as long as there’s an understanding that my opinion of something might not be your opinion. And me not agreeing with you doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.



maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,875
Location: Watching the dog watching me

02 Jan 2022, 10:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can have a “real conversation” with anybody……as long as there’s an understanding that my opinion of something might not be your opinion. And me not agreeing with you doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.


I'm sure people think I'm some kind of nutcase for always being willing to agree to disagree.


_________________
I've decided that Dog V4 should be my avatar. He's waaay cuter than me!

Note to all: My user ID doesn't mean I'm going to explode at you it just means that I may contain...a different kind of thunder.


HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,937

02 Jan 2022, 10:57 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I can have a “real conversation” with anybody……as long as there’s an understanding that my opinion of something might not be your opinion. And me not agreeing with you doesn’t mean we can’t be friends.


I'm sure people think I'm some kind of nutcase for always being willing to agree to disagree.


You're a madman.



Last edited by HighLlama on 02 Jan 2022, 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,875
Location: Watching the dog watching me

02 Jan 2022, 10:59 am

HighLlama wrote:
You're a madman.


:lol:


_________________
I've decided that Dog V4 should be my avatar. He's waaay cuter than me!

Note to all: My user ID doesn't mean I'm going to explode at you it just means that I may contain...a different kind of thunder.


HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,937

02 Jan 2022, 11:00 am

Your name always reminds me of this wise speech:



"Listen to the thunder."



theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,431
Location: Britain

02 Jan 2022, 11:04 am

Flown wrote:
I felt the urge to leave earlier in the week (after axeman's antics),

He seems to have an 'axe to grind. It's rather tiresome. He's just a pathetic troll. Every post of his.


_________________
AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)


maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Mar 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,875
Location: Watching the dog watching me

02 Jan 2022, 11:10 am

HighLlama wrote:
"Listen to the thunder."


I wish some people would. Not a fun day today.

theprisoner wrote:
Flown wrote:
I felt the urge to leave earlier in the week (after axeman's antics),

He seems to have an 'axe to grind. It's rather tiresome. He's just a pathetic troll. Every post of his.


He's been banned....


_________________
I've decided that Dog V4 should be my avatar. He's waaay cuter than me!

Note to all: My user ID doesn't mean I'm going to explode at you it just means that I may contain...a different kind of thunder.


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 43,047
Location: UK

02 Jan 2022, 11:33 am

theprisoner wrote:
Flown wrote:
I felt the urge to leave earlier in the week (after axeman's antics),

He seems to have an 'axe to grind. It's rather tiresome. He's just a pathetic troll. Every post of his.



I've actually never read any of his posts and I've been coming her for a while. I think it's the username I'm not keen on. Seems a bit pseudopsycopathic and I'm not really interested in that kind of childishness



Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,604
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

03 Jan 2022, 6:30 am

Another day that I stepped on a literal sh*t. In the living room of course.


I don't like that dog.
I just don't.

I don't hate dogs.
I just don't like dogs living under the same roof. I don't want dogs living in the same house as I do.
I don't want to deal with any. I don't acknowledge any as a responsibility because that was not my decision.

In fact in this case, it is against my decision.

I just want something that's closer to a home. :x


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).


WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,433
Location: Cleveland, OH

10 Jan 2022, 5:05 pm

Okay, you know what? You seriously need to STFU right now! I am not having a great day, and yet you say sh*t that you know will trigger me, and quite frankly, I had it up to here with you disrespecting the dead lately.

Just. F***ing. Stop. Right. NOW!

I'm done with you...


_________________
Black cat on duty


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,147
Location: UK

11 Jan 2022, 6:29 am

I wish little kids didn't have such loud, high, shrill voices that cuts through you. I've just came out of a restaurant with really sore ears because it was full of excitable toddlers with such loud, high-pitched voices. This 2-year-old was on the table next to me and as it spoke it had sort of a screamy tone and it's a wonder my ears aren't bleeding. Due to a perforated eardrum my ears can be sensitive to some (not all) extremely high noises and extremely low noises, and shouting young children is one sound my ears do not like. They've always got to be heard and I feel like telling them to shut up.

When I was a toddler I had a soft sort of voice and it wasn't as screechy and high as most toddlers. Also I was taught from a young age to keep my voice down in places like restaurants, although I wasn't taken into restaurants much when I was small anyway, as my parents had consideration for other people. If I was in a 'tantrumy' mood my mum usually took me home as soon as she was done doing her errands.


_________________
Female
Aged 32
On antidepressants
Diagnosed with ADHD, anxiety and mild ASD

I don't like autism being mentioned to me as I'm partly in denial.


WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,433
Location: Cleveland, OH

11 Jan 2022, 12:50 pm

My mom took my money from my bank account so she can pay this stupid car bill. So now I only have $350 in the bank. Unacceptable! I need some of the money to buy Pokemon cards (I just started to collect them again)

She promised me numerous times that she will pay me back, but she never did. It has been months now, FFS.

So I am not only pissed at my parents (especially my stepdad, who got in an accident and costed us a lot of money; what a f***ing prick!) but I hate cars now, because they cost too much money. I think Henry Ford is a f***ing idiot for inventing them because he doesn't give a sh*t whether people get hurt or become poor because of the cars.

I also wish highways weren't invented because of too many accidents and deaths; why can't people ride bikes instead, they're healthier, and cost less money.

I really want to attack someone because I'm angry, but I know it wouldn't do good. I am also tired of having to put up with my cockatoo because all he f***ing does anymore is squawk every second. He won't shut up for anyone, EVER.

I just want my f***ing money back... :(

PS, people need to learn to STFU and leave me the f*** alone!


_________________
Black cat on duty


Last edited by magz on 12 Jan 2022, 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.: Violent content removed

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Apr 2013
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,433
Location: Cleveland, OH

11 Jan 2022, 8:39 pm

I honestly wish it was Kim Kardashian who died on Sunday instead of Bob Saget. I f***ing hate her and the fact that she is dating someone who is a decade younger than her. She might as well be a pedophile.


_________________
Black cat on duty


KMCIURA
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 6 Jan 2022
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 132
Location: Cracow, Poland

12 Jan 2022, 8:32 am

WitchsCat wrote:
I honestly wish it was Kim Kardashian who died on Sunday instead of Bob Saget. I f***ing hate her and the fact that she is dating someone who is a decade younger than her. She might as well be a pedophile.


There are plenty of reasons to hate her (and any other celebrites who serve and obey the faceless queen: money). In comparison, the fact she is with a (almost) 30 years old man while she is about 40 is super weak ammo for a gun pointed at her.

Human brain development matures at age of about 25 years old. That is - there are no major changes undergoing in brain structures any-more - what is set in place, is as good as it gets. Being 28 years old (like the guy is) also means that a person have some decent level of experience and is no longer as naive. It would be a whole different story if he would be 18 and she about 30 - there's a way more disproportion in mental capacity, experience and financial status between such people. In my opinion, such relationships in most cases can be called "grooming" - older person takes advantage of younger partner, have control over them and bend them to their will.

But I do not believe that same is true when we talk about 28 years old and 41 years old people. The mental capacity is about the same, there's less gap in experience and in most cases, financial status of the older person is enough for them to not be manipulated with money. The last is especially true if we speak about a star of SNL, I bet he does make loads of money.



Blue_Star
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 3 Sep 2009
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 294

12 Jan 2022, 9:22 am

I finally get my notice to show up for jury duty... then they close the courts due to covid. I was so excited! Civic duty! I haven't had a problem with/during covid until this. Very disappointed.

EtA: And Betty White died. That alone puts a huge damper on the new year.