Page 516 of 578 [ 9243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519 ... 578  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 10:59 am

Yeah….people are stupid that way sometimes!

Think how lovely it is to have a devoted husband and kids.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 1:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah….people are stupid that way sometimes!

Think how lovely it is to have a devoted husband and kids.

Yes, but as I keep saying: A husband and one child is just two people. I can't survive with a social circle of two people. And that is really just one person because obviously the child will be grown up soon.

Having one husband is not the same as having a group of supportive friends and family as well. I need more than one person in my life having the same old conversations with all the time.

When I was young I had a large social circle, whatever happened...My husband has a large social circle, so does my daughter. What went wrong with me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 7:43 pm

I’ve never had a “large social circle.”

I feel bad that you miss having lots of friends.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 8:43 pm

New year eve, pouring down rain. i work outside. lot attendant. pushing carts and loading merchandise. within 3.5 hours, drenched. shoes and clothes. then, trembling out of control. could not stand it anymore. the other lot attendant and i were loitering around inside the building waiting for clock out time. looked up "hypothermia symptoms". but was afraid that if i left work, i would get an Occurrence (disciplinary action for Failure to Adhere to Posted Schedule).

three consecutive days, wet shoes from the rain. surprised not sick yet. maybe tomorrow.

a lot of rain forecasted this week. and the raining season has yet to finish. and more raining seasons over and over.

my worthless corpse only 39. extreme weather, and foot pain, and Buddha knows what other symptoms are coming. there is no way i could handle it until retirement, death, or until i qualify for government benefits. been looking for a different job. going nowhere. nothing accomplished. s**t.

i've been wounded and traumatized and could never recover.

___________________________________________________________________________________

emotional overeating

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 7:48 am

Can someone tell me why I'm irrationally pissed and angry when, specifically my mom asks me to help her specifically with anything involving technology?

Whether it's typing, tweeking settings, etc.
Doesn't matter how simple or complex, what the context of the task, how trivial or seriously important it was...

Only and only if specifically my mom asking me to help her in anything specifically digital.

I have no issues with my mom asking my help in anything digital related on behalf of someone else.
Yet I get angry when someone else is asking my help in anything digital related on behalf of my mom.

And I have no issues with my mom requesting anything else.
And I have no issues with anyone else requesting help in anything digital related unless my mom is directly in need of it.

Why so particular and specific?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 8:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve never had a “large social circle.”

I feel bad that you miss having lots of friends.

I'm just confused. I used to have quite a lot of good friends in my teens and twenties, even my thirties. But they've all drifted away. I suppose childcare and employment have been so all-consuming that we got separated.

And my parents were super sociable and we had a big house, so we had lots of parties and events there.

My life has shrunk by about 1000% over the years, from knowing lots of people to almost zero.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 8:24 am

I wouldn't be surprised----if you seek it-----that you will be able to enlarge your "social circle" again.

Please don't rely upon the Internet for an assessment on how people actually feel about things. I believe one has to rely on in-person encounters with people.

The Internet is a place where people vent----and they want to seem (to themselves and others), "better" than what they actually are. They glory in the ability to "ghost" and "cancel" someone using merely a click. They don't have to look the person in the face.

If somebody "cancels" me on the Internet, I disregard it----because the person doesn't really "know me" in the sense of "hanging out with me" in person. I believe it's almost always the "other person's problem" whenever I get canceled.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 3:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised----if you seek it-----that you will be able to enlarge your "social circle" again.

Please don't rely upon the Internet for an assessment on how people actually feel about things. I believe one has to rely on in-person encounters with people.

Thanks for giving me kind advice, you are one of the kindest on WP.

I've tried everything. Going to groups such as: pilates, crafting, voluntary, event organising, social, you name it. People generally have their own little social circles and don't welcome newbies. I volunteered at a waste food redistribution charity but was told I wasn't needed. But if I could go and buy lots of the food, that would help more! I didn't have any money, I just had lots of spare time which I wanted to use to be helpful. 'Go figure' as Americans say.

It is the in-person encounters where I get cancelled. I get on with people better online because I'm eloquent in writing but not so much in person. I've been ghosted and cancelled in real life more times than I can count. I've just accepted I'm not the type to have friends. Never mind.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2023, 11:45 am

I can't do anything right. I have very little work to do sometimes so instead of sitting there doing nothing I find little jobs to do around the workplace, including washing the dishes, which is a huge favour for everyone else. But because I moved someone's knife and fork - that looked the same as all the other knives and forks there - I got yelled at and told to "do something else". I've done everything else, the dishes were in a dirty pile and I am a cleaner so I just thought I'd helpfully wash the dishes. Nope, it was wrong.

Just can't win with my stupid incompetent, insolent supervisor. I feel like I don't want to come in to work and face him any more. He keeps saying he's been offered a "better" job elsewhere and that he's leaving, but then it turns out to be BS and he still stays, getting more and more of a jerk each week.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 2:14 am

tried to wedge himself in again, i saw that -- ow you didn't know
surprise , they never know what they do, only if it takes away, they take away,
watch your p-s and q-s too
you're (me) always surprised with 'visitors' who scan the place for that thing they happen to need and to want,
that's such a strange thing to me, to come some place and zoom in directly to something you haven't got (yet)
yet those eyes won't work on the everyday chores and maintanances, ouf dirty words, how dare you!
:roll:
lots of things to do today,
lets go

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2023, 11:18 pm

I can never get my sh#t together. It's about finding the juggling rhythm and I get angry I keep failing at it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 6:59 pm

It seems that whoever lives above us has to have OCD. :roll:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 2:36 am

Joe90 wrote:
It seems that whoever lives above us has to have OCD. :roll:

Yes, bad neighbours are a PITA. The guy above me is very hyper. I think he has ADHD and they sometimes play darts till 3am..

I use these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-Lite-Ear ... C85&sr=8-6

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 7:10 am

I have noise-cancelling headphones but I can still feel the room shake as they walk stamp across the room upstairs. Surely there's no need for people to make that much noise when doing a simple everyday thing? I mean even if it's low sound insulation it still shouldn't cause such eruption for us downstairs, so they must be stomping around deliberately. Plus it's late at night too. I'm sick and tired of them.

We have politely suggested to them about the noise they make but they didn't really say anything and they're still no quieter. We have no choice but to report to the landlords, which isn't what I really want to resort to.

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 7:14 am

In my large (I've moved a lot in the past 20 years) experience with neighbours you're not going to benefit much from reporting them, in fact it might make things worse. You can't really get someone evicted for stamping around.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2023, 7:46 am

My experience has been a positive one.

When I first moved to my place, my landlord told me to speak directly to them if there were any issues with others in my building. They have always dealt with noise issues professionally, and (after a couple of chances) evict anyone they feel is behaving in a way that disturbs the peace.

Their approach works. It also helps living amongst mostly reasonable people.