Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 6:13 pm

...Thank you , but I think your last sentence sort of sums things up in its beginning .
Ironically- :?: - , I have come up with the same idea here , saying " Maybe I could sleep in someone's garage/garden shack " ~ But , why would someone respond to someone like me calling from out of the blue (& asking , really , for lots of lie-down time , which it what I'd need , CS ~ which I myself am a member of , but as of now it's one of my " one day..." things :( ~ If no-one's responded here :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 6:22 pm

Seems like they might ask for money as well. It might be nice if somebody would allow you to camp in their backyard--but it seems highly doubtful unless they could profit from it.

I truly wish there was a way you could get into some kind of decent shelter--even if you have to get up at 6:00 AM. It's better than being out in the street.

I also wish you could get into a hospital/detox type of situation, so you could get decent medical attention. Yep...I am listening to you. It's impossible at the moment.

I almost wish you could drink yourself silly, get put in the drunk tank, then have a judge sentence you to detox.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2015, 6:46 pm

Well, technically it's free from what I've read though there are people that feel obligated to buy gifts for the host. I find this a bit strange as well. People seem to do it to meet different types of people rather than receive any material benefit. It's up to you anyway though it can't hurt to try as the membership is free. I think its like some sort of social networking site for travellers.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 7:04 pm

...Yeah , thereby hangs (quite a lot of) tale , I have to extend my library time to go into this at length now , but let me ask whether you read those SC Sentinel stories , to wit:
(1) The one I mentioned yesterday , words " homeless services facing cuts " , by Jessica A. York
(2) A same-day story by one Stephen Baxter , try the words " Janus of Santa Cruz "...
(3) From the day before , and Jessica A. York again , " When it comes to living quarters..." .
(I be bein' " cute " , in not sayin' what the stories are about , obviously , I'm sure you can guess:-):-)...)
I am a member already , Gaz , and I did look at listings a little , maybe even call a few people , when I lived in San Francisco .

ote="kraftiekortie"]Seems like they might ask for money as well. It might be nice if somebody would allow you to camp in their backyard--but it seems highly doubtful unless they could profit from it.

I truly wish there was a way you could get into some kind of decent shelter--even if you have to get up at 6:00 AM. It's better than being out in the street.

I also wish you could get into a hospital/detox type of situation, so you could get decent medical attention. Yep...I am listening to you. It's impossible at the moment.

I almost wish you could drink yourself silly, get put in the drunk tank, then have a judge sentence you to detox.[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 7:14 pm

...KK as far as " getting into a decent shelter " , I WAS suggesting (Cleaning up here first) going to another town , like in the area " Alix " , the " get-me-into-UCSC " guy (who appears to be a bit of a just-outta-college " hey , dude " kinda guy , but that might be , pardon my French , someone who could get somethin' DONE ! more than an Aspie - dude ?) is...........

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2015, 7:41 pm

Sorry I didn't realise you were already a member there.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 7:49 pm

...Okay , I am counting down to my time running out , we'll see whether I can get an extend...
The last IIRC shelter I stayed it get-up time was FIVE AM get-out time was five-thirty - In Salinas/Watsonville , and then a long walk - in the cold - and wait for a bus:-(...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 7:55 pm

Not sure if I can really help, though what I can tell you is that being a tech wizard definitely has not made my life any easier, if anything it made me more of a scapegoat. Stereotyping your internet friends can't be any good for your state of being. That said, I can empathize here; I've had to subsist, scrimp, couch surf, and generally live day to day quite a lot lately. Don't drink yourself senseless, find a way to trade simple work for a cheap camper van. One of my best friends on earth did that for a year or more. Email craigslist postings with that proposal until it works.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:20 pm

...I don't have a drivers' liscence and haven't had one for many years .
Starting the process going to maybe getting one again is one of the things I could do if I got that loan I spoke of , along with getting a passport again .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:36 pm

...I have thought that , in a new town , going to the ER again w/my condition could , maybe , get me care/rehab for my foot which - sort of , kind of - has happened before .
I do mean " another Cali town " , as I've been proposing .
You saw that piece about the SC drunk tank ?
They have rather a philosophy of putting routine drunk arrest in the jail some hours , then letting them go ~ Someone else called it " a five-hour tour " .
However , the big problem is that they take your possesions to the police department , not the sheriff'ss , which is only open for reclaiming stuff twice a week , they are quite gung-ho about taking backpacks , guitars , there .
So , if I was (This has happened before) again arrested then look go , I'd be without ALL my stuff - including my sleeping stuff - once again .
If I was arrested at a momen7 when there was enough in my card to maybe go to another town and look there and I guess come back later to SC to pick up the stuff later that would be less of a problem .
Also BTW illustratrating my G-I problem :cry: and what I've said about the underwear - This may make people dislike me , but I've been in very stuff-y underpants these last two days :( , ever since what I wrote of happening yesterday morning . :(
(I do have one not-warn-yet , but if I put it on there'll be no spare ones .) ~ I was rather thinking " If I do get arrested , I want nice underwear to get back into upon release " .

uote="ASS-P"]...Yeah , thereby hangs (quite a lot of) tale , I have to extend my library time to go into this at length now , but let me ask whether you read those SC Sentinel stories , to wit:
(1) The one I mentioned yesterday , words " homeless services facing cuts " , by Jessica A. York
(2) A same-day story by one Stephen Baxter , try the words " Janus of Santa Cruz "...
(3) From the day before , and Jessica A. York again , " When it comes to living quarters..." .
(I be bein' " cute " , in not sayin' what the stories are about , obviously , I'm sure you can guess:-):-)...)
I am a member already , Gaz , and I did look at listings a little , maybe even call a few people , when I lived in San Francisco .

ote="kraftiekortie"]Seems like they might ask for money as well. It might be nice if somebody would allow you to camp in their backyard--but it seems highly doubtful unless they could profit from it.

I almost wish you could drink yourself silly, get put in the drunk tank, then have a judge sentence you to detox.[/quote][/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:54 pm

...I haven't even told this epic story about how I got myself banned from the local (about the only late-night spot and the only such fast-food/cheap place here) Taco Bell ! !! !! !! !! !! :P

cherryblossom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2015, 10:08 am

Me and my friend wrote about this in your other thread: We live in Finland and that there are places here for disabled people that are similar to dormitories. Here one needs to contact the social services in order to get there. Do you have a social worker? In those places we have in Finland there are staff around that takes care of the people that lives there. Could you live in that kind of place? Like we told they are only for disabled people. It is difficult to explain in english what kind of "places" they are but here are two pictures of it:
https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=55FEA6F3

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=55C04692

So do you have those kind of "places" in America for disabled people? How would you call them?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:35 pm

...Wednesday I went to HPHP to see if something that someone had sent for me had come but however the mail office was , without explanation , closed that day .
To-day , I was going to go to HPHP despite having less money (In coin only) than two bus fares , hoping to beg a bus card back from the nurse .
However , in the morning waiting for the library to open , at a spot where I could doze , my sleeping turned into waking up at 1:30 PM or so , too late really , and I wanted to come to the library (which closes at 5 PM Friday) , so , no go , as well as going to Social Security to try and explore this " Am I getting all of my SSDI or missing 15-17% ??? " angle .
Perhaps I should've gone to SS , but , carrying my ball & chain gets me SO TIRED ! :cry:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:54 pm

...Have I mentioned ~ established ~ Alix enough ?
I did put on my last remaining underwear (In the early early morning , sort of concealed but pretty easily see-able if you went by , in a community garden - The night had gone by) - Later , I felt a tint wet fart come out of me , even with rather little food/liquid having been taken in , and incidentally , I've not eaten at all this day since I've been up :( .
I have been graffiti-ing , putting graffitis (Only on empty buildings or stores I don't like/they don't like me) about Grin And Bear It (" Figby Abides " ~ Can I make that an Internet meme ? Just like the boss in Dilbert says , everybody's supposed to make something that goes viral ! !! !! It's an American rite of passage ! :lol: :P )

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 5:55 pm

...Have I mentioned ~ established ~ Alix enough ?
I did put on my last remaining underwear (In the early early morning , sort of concealed but pretty easily see-able if you went by , in a community garden - The night had gone by) - Later , I felt a tint wet fart come out of me , even with rather little food/liquid having been taken in , and incidentally , I've not eaten at all this day since I've been up :( . Is this , um ~ too much about me ? Making me sound " uhcchy , maybe not all that nice , a ' nasty bum ' homeless person " ? :(
I have been graffiti-ing , putting graffitis (Only on empty buildings or stores I don't like/they don't like me) about Grin And Bear It (" Figby Abides " ~ Can I make that an Internet meme ? Just like the boss in Dilbert says , everybody's supposed to make something that goes viral ! !! !! It's an American rite of passage ! :lol: :P ) . I still tend to think , I suppose , that people still sort of tolerate graffiti , like in New York during the Eighties , somehow... :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 6:03 pm

You've never mentioned Alix--maybe you have in passing.

I doubt it if Santa Cruz, despite being a "hippie town," would subscribe to the philosophy of graffiti artists of the 1980s. From their viewpoint, you're defacing the buildings. That's a misdemeanor in most states. They might make you clean it up.