Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 1:26 pm

As a mountainous guy I'm here sharing in your solemnity. For most of my life I've thought this is pretty much how I might go, on my skis somewhere beautiful. We accept these risks so we can keep moving our consciousness forward. By now I've seen bears, moose, a wolverine, lots of horned sheep, slab avalanches, whiteouts, snow tornadoes and watched my life flash up in my periphery more times than I can count. Having touched on that void, I just want to say you can hold out hope that your friend may simply be a bit ahead of you.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2015, 2:39 pm

Thanks for those sentiments, cberg. No risk, no reward, right!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 9:55 am

Damn, reading the news story on her death really choked me up. The images of her red Subaru Impreza parked at the trailhead gutted me. I remember driving to dinner with her in that vehicle last April. We hugged goodbye for the last time at her place, and talked of me visiting her in New England and hiking the White Mountains. :(

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015/06/ ... /28678953/

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 9:57 am

RIP

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2015, 11:46 am

Adopt the Impreza if you can. Give it a good home and a memorial ej257 long block driveline.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2015, 2:29 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend passing. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 9:15 pm

I've hiked to Mount Washington.

If you're an experienced hiker, the ascent is not really that difficult.