does wrong planet cause your depression?

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 5:39 am

honestly I have good days somewhat , well as good as I can then come here and feel depressed after. its allt he seeing how horrible I am here. I can't imagine I'm alone in this.
Still this site is a big part of my life, so I wish it wasn't so. I wish I could be helped first stating with accepting I have problems. and not just saying I don't then having others say I do and its so horrible for having them. almost been 3 years since i finished college.

I'm in the same place I was then. crazy how time is cruel. in 3 years I'll probably be dead. suppoe that gives me time to accept my fate and find some peace before passing. I wonder if god will forgive me though it is partly is fault for making me wrong. well no as he intended me to die and doctors interfered so its really their fault. I'm too wrong for even other wrong people. I think that says a lot. I wish I'd been born rich and handsome. those are better traits then kindness, humor, compassion and loving.

doofy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm

WP doesn't cause my depression, though it exacerbates it sometimes in which case I take a time out.

It perhaps helps that I don't come here looking for acceptance, friendship, validation; I come here to gain and share info.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 4:27 pm

i cause my own depression.

this site is pleasantly distracting.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 5:05 pm

doofy wrote:
It perhaps helps that I don't come here looking for acceptance, friendship, validation; I come here to gain and share info.

I'm kind of the reverse, I actually did come here for socialization since I barely have any friends I can associate with on an ASD level, and while it's a pleasant distraction I can get rather stressed out by the surprising frequency of casual sexism, occasional instances of homophobia and every-once-in-a-blue-moon appearances of racism which appear on this site. Even one of the mods recently commented that WP has gotten explicitly more transphobic/transmisogynistic as of late, and I wonder just how much they're doing to actively combat any of it to provide a safer environment for LGBT members of WP.

Other than that, it doesn't exacerbate any of my stress, even in the political or religious threads. I'd be foolish to assume everyone would agree with one another and I don't get my feathers ruffled in any left vs. right or atheist vs. theist debates, but I draw the line at bigotry, which does ruffle my feathers.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:04 am

Wrong Planet doesn't cause depression but it frequently makes me feel like I want cut my wrists.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:27 am

Raleigh wrote:
Wrong Planet doesn't cause depression but it frequently makes me feel like I want cut my wrists.

true its like people here hone into what causes me depression and pushes it. I came here to vent about such things only to find people here also believe and push them. :(

instead of finding mostly supportive and similar people I get told the same horrible things.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 1:59 am

WP makes me feel lonely. I've never really been able to relate to anyone here. It's like I'm posting into space. This is my fault, however.

What do you think is causing your depression?

traven
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 2:41 am

most of that, too

just another wrong planet

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 2:42 am

Raleigh wrote:
WP makes me feel lonely. I've never really been able to relate to anyone here. It's like I'm posting into space. This is my fault, however.

theres a tiny few I can relate to here.

not ever being able to live up to women's super high standards and that meaning I'll never be loved.
then add in taht all I'm good at is loving and making people happy. I've only been really good at making women happy, but I'll never get to show it because I'm poor.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 4:06 am

sly279 wrote:
those are better traits then kindness, humor, compassion and loving.

Sly, maybe you could apply those traits to yourself, and not just extend them to other people. As in, can you practice compassion for yourself and your own flaws? Like if another person said "I'm useless because other people tell me I'm useless" would you be compassionate towards them, listen and tell them about their positive traits? Or would you be cruel and list out every possible flaw they have?
Dalai Lama XIV wrote:
If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2015, 5:33 am

I have yet to have someone argue with me or put me down on WP. The reason being is because I don't allow anyone to get that far with me. When someone has a different opinion I kindly tell them that it is their opinion and I respect that. Then they usually leave it at that because there is nothing more to say. If they persist, I ignore them because I refuse to waste time internet fighting and that is not why I joined WP. Point is the internet is filled with mean people. They get brave behind the computer.

I'm not sure if this website used to be different. I am unsure if it was this website or not, but I saw someone post about how these forums used to be filled with nice people until a bunch of people who do not even have Asperger's and are just frustrated with life joined and ruined the purpose of these forums. I don't know if that is true or not since those words are not mine. However, I must agree that these forums are meant for support and some people do not understand that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 7:18 pm

Ah Man, Sly...you can't relate to me?

I can relate to you.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 7:24 am

It did for a while. I was extremely obsessed with my diagnosis and I hated it so much. Spending time on WP made things worse because people on WP like to include as many people as they can under the ASD umbrella. Now I don't care about it as much. Mainly because I have the option to not tell people about it. I'm happy being seen as an awkward NT.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2015, 11:12 am

I love going on WP, but sometimes posters have said things that have freaked me out. Things like ''you probably think that you look and act normal but really you're probably doing something you don't know you're doing, like rocking backwards and forwards or something odd like that''. Or ''nobody will ever like you. Even if you think people are your friends or even your loving partner, really you will always make them roll their eyes and avoid you, and your partner is just probably with you because he/she's using you. Nobody will ever like or love you truly''. And then it gets sweetened up by adding, ''sorry if that sounds nasty but it's the truth, and wouldn't you rather hear the truth?''

Now if that doesn't depress somebody when that's said to them, then I don't know what would.

I haven't been told that to my face in those exact words here, but I have seen stuff that implied exactly that about all Aspies. It makes you just want to kill yourself. Although I'm not dumb enough to believe everything I hear on WP. I believe my instincts instead, and I know my own life, nobody else here does, so you can't just say something plain nasty and generalize all Aspies like that. Some, or most of us, have true friends and get married and are loved for the rest of our lives.

Moonshine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2015, 7:16 pm

Raleigh wrote:

Not that there is ever an ideal time for saying, but why are you beating yourself up here, when there are plenty of women out there who would love to meet you? x 8)

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 12:21 am

Joe90 wrote:
Some, or most of us, have true friends and get married and are loved for the rest of our lives.

Some (or most) do, but are we good enough to be those some (or most)?