just tried to overdose on fluvoxetamine

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:07 am

i took around 25 pills of this stuff hoping it would kill me, but so far it hasn't been very effective, i'm just sitting here like normal feeling a bit shaky, no crazy hallucinations or anything like last time. i'm scared that this isn't work, and then my parents will find the empty pill bottle and they'll ask what i did with it, and how would i even explain it?? i really don't want to go back to the hospital but i'll probably have to if they find it.

what do i do

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:17 am

Call 911. Any suicide attempt constitutes a life-threatening emergency. You need to get help NOW.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:22 am

^ This.
Who knows what that stuff can do to you...
:(

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:22 am

The amount it takes to OD varies from person to person varies.

When you start to vomit blood, that is a sign you may be overdosing.

This post has been edited by
B19
(moderator team)

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:23 am

Please call for help, you obviously do need it if you are feeling this low.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:24 am

Ashariel wrote:
Call 911. Any suicide attempt constitutes a life-threatening emergency. You need to get help NOW.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

Last edited by B19 on 01 Nov 2015, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.: The ethos of The Haven is offering support and hope.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:27 am

By the way, overdosing on fluvoxetamine is a very painful way to die.

-Paul Erdos

-Bruce Schneider

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 10:29 am

Rudin wrote:
I believe the OP wants to die.

As the OP is worried about the consequences of his or her actions, maybe they are not quite ready to die yet.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 11:19 am

sorry i mistyped that i meant fluvoxamine not fluvoxetamine

catalina
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2015, 11:34 am

You may be alive, but who knows the overdose aftermath, you could end worse than you were before. Seek for help!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 11:53 am

boredome wrote:
sorry i mistyped that i meant fluvoxamine not fluvoxetamine

I wouldn't worry about spelling mistakes at a time like this.

Look after yourself.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 9:30 pm

The Haven is restricted to comments that support people going through difficult times, Rudin, so I had to delete this post.

B19

-Paul Erdos

-Bruce Schneider

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 9:37 pm

the main reason fluvoxamine was so quick to replace earlier antidepressants is that it's almost impossible to kill yourself with. i'm sure the OP will be okay unless they try with a more lethal method. hopefully, they'll seek help rather than do that.

boredome, the US suicide hotline is 1-800-273-talk. please call them. or at least tell us why you're so desperate you want to leave us. maybe we can offer comfort if not solutions.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 8:27 am

well, i'm alive.. unfortunately

now i have to deal with the fact that i fail at everything, including killing myself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 8:32 am

I'm sorry you went through this.

Many people have tried to kill themselves, came out alive, and have gone on to live successful lives. I believe at least a couple of movie stars have done this. And many other people in many professions.

I'm glad you're alive. I feel glad that you're alive.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 9:14 am

boredome wrote:
well, i'm alive.. unfortunately

now i have to deal with the fact that i fail at everything, including killing myself.

I can't think of a better thing to fail at then that. Please take care of yourself, killing yourself will just hurt all the people you care about.

You need to find someone to talk to. You can get past these desires, they won't last if you just keep moving forward. Your attitude and mindset will change in time. Just hang on.

And don't feel ashamed of feeling like this. Be open to the people you care about and you may be surprised by the amount of compassion you receive.