Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 1:03 pm

I expect that we all [prophetic] dream about someone occasionally, but mine was particularly vivid.

A well-respected local elderly couple whom I've known for a while have always been especially kind and supportive to me. They live in a quaint, well-kept condominium house in a nearby neighborhood.

I dreamt that their house burnt to the ground. I saw the blackened structure in ruins with vivid detail. Waking up, I dismissed this vision - after all, it was just an awful dream. Last night I dreamed that the walls of their house had been violently bashed in by some unseen intruder. Ransacked, and I saw some of their familiar belongings destroyed.

Hmmm....Do you ever have dreams about someone?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2016, 2:19 pm

:( I've had dreams before in which someone I like/love has died.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 2:52 am

once in several blue moons i'll have a dream like that. usually it is in response to some news item I saw on the telly before retiring. but as they say, YMMV.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 5:53 am

Yep...that is a vivid dream.

It means you care about them very much.

I've never actually had this sort of dream.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 11:33 am

Thanks all....it's strange though that I've had 2 dreams.

auntblabby wrote:
once in several blue moons i'll have a dream like that. usually it is in response to some news item I saw on the telly before retiring. but as they say, YMMV.

Not supposed to have spicy pepperoni pizza before bedtime....it causes nightmares! 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 2:03 pm

Recurring dreams are like the subconscious knocking on the door to your waking life, wanting you to open up and have a chat about something important.
House
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the subconscious, etc.To dream that your house is damaged indicates your waking concerns about the condition of your house/the direction your life is taking/the state of your life. To dream that your house is broken into suggests that you are feeling violated. It may refer to a particular relationship or current situation in your life. Alternatively, it indicates that some subconscious material is attempting to make itself known. There are some aspects of yourself that you have denied. To dream that you are inside somebody else's house indicates that there is something that you have yet to discover about yourself. It may mean that there are repressed memories, fears or emotions that you are not confronting. To dream about an elderly person's house indicates you are seeking answers. To see walls in your dream signifies limitations, obstacles and boundaries. There is a barrier obstructing your progress. To see damaged walls may indicate that something in your subconscious is trying to break free.
Elderly
To dream about elderly people in your dream represents wisdom or spiritual power. Pay attention to the message or advice that the elderly person is conveying to you. He or she can help provide life answers and solutions to your problems and try to guide you toward the right direction.
Arson
To dream about an arson represents the rage within that has the potential to become destructive. It is best to express your anger instead of keeping it bottled up inside.
Burning
To see something burning in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Perhaps you are you feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
Ruins
Tosee ruins in your dream suggest that you are neglecting aspects of your life or that it is falling apart. You feel you are self-destructing. It is time to get on the right path.
Burglary
To dream that you have been burglarized indicates that you are feeling violated or that personal space has been invaded. You feel helpless in some situation or relationship. This could be due to a major change in your life. Give yourself some time to adjust to your new environment.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 12:38 am

If you don't want the spicy pepperoni pizza, send it my way!

That said, I have been dreaming about old game shows, and their host, announcers, models, etc.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 3:08 am

I had a dream the other night which I am still trying to figure out if its a story or film that exists.

A planet has been colonised by humanity this planet has no life forms whatsoever. The colony is next to a sea could be on an island and it's the only island bit fuzzy there but I remember the planet been mainly sea I saw it from orbit. Its a sort of idealised colony no crime no money everyone working for the better of the colony. People start disappearing in the night and there is a feeling of foreboding during the day people mentally affected by something. At that point I get a bit fuzzy with what I remember but a insubstantial creature appears at night which I either get possessed by or a women does. Also remember people dying violently but been completely absorbed. Then things got very sexual with the women. The women is more a concept than someone who I could see.....

I haven't watched any horrors recently not even reading a book at the moment or playing games :S I have just changed my medication though and had forgotten to take it for 2 days could be a side affect. The dream was extremely vivid.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 6:15 pm

ZD wrote:
I haven't watched any horrors recently not even reading a book at the moment or playing games :S I have just changed my medication though and had forgotten to take it for 2 days could be a side affect. The dream was extremely vivid.

Wow - that's techno-vivid 8O My dreams aren't typically so surreal....

Tim_Tex: consider the pepperoni pizza yours 8) Just don't watch any horror movies before bed with that pepperoni pizza!

aunt-'Jungian'-blabby :) that's a pretty impressive analysis, my friend. I know too that dream interpretation relies principally upon the dreamer, and oftentimes dreams simply do not make cogent sense. The day-length has increased rapidly where I live, and I never sleep as well during summertime. I prefer autumn & winter seasons and better sleep is a factor too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 6:48 pm

LabPet wrote:
aunt-'Jungian'-blabby :) that's a pretty impressive analysis, my friend. I know too that dream interpretation relies principally upon the dreamer, and oftentimes dreams simply do not make cogent sense. The day-length has increased rapidly where I live, and I never sleep as well during summertime. I prefer autumn & winter seasons and better sleep is a factor too.

thank you but I will admit I "painted by the numbers" there ;) and would blackout curtains help you sleep better in the spring/summer?

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 7:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
LabPet wrote:

thank you but I will admit I "painted by the numbers" there ;) and would blackout curtains help you sleep better in the spring/summer?

Yeah, & I'm more conscientious now. Still though, it's always easier to sleep when it's dark - I'm always kind of hyper! :coffee:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 8:06 pm

^^^when I was younger I was more hyper also.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 2:29 am

LabPet wrote:
ZD wrote:

Wow - that's techno-vivid 8O My dreams aren't typically so surreal....

Mine are usually like this but usually I forget them quickly but this one stuck with me. They don't happen that often though. I do tend to create fantasy worlds in my head anyway so it's probably just an extension of this. The sex part was probably because I was lying next to my new girlfriend....