Do you eat a lot when you are depressed?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 6:30 pm

It seems my "bad days" I can't get full and just grab junk upon more junk. SURE I pay for it later with bowel issues cramps etc. But on top of normal breakfast lunch dinner (we don't eat badly in our home) snack upon snack junk food one after another.

Wondering if anyone can relate. I've realized I need to get back into walking around my neighborhood which could help my moods and also perhaps going back to chicken noodle for lunch and have a set snack and set breakfast/lunch/dinner again vs. nonstop eating of junk food.

(Bowl of soup is a better lunch than nacho chips and cheese obviously) LOL!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 11:55 pm

Yep. I figure what's the point. Life's pointless and no woman will like me anyways so why try to lose weight. I keep considering trying hard liquor might as well become a alcoholic

enz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 12:12 am

You can get a **** tonne of endorphins after working out. Plus the high lasts all day

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Apr 2016, 12:22 am

Usually opposite, stop eating when I get depressed and stressed. I've lost a lot of weight in the last year because of this in combination with my medication.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 12:29 am

I go from one extreme to the other, depending on how depressed I am.

When I'm moderately depressed, I eat a lot. When I get extremely depressed, I stop eating.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 12:32 am

She extreme depressed I guess I do t I just lay in bed and don't eat or drink. But with job now ican't or I'd miss work.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:14 am

enz wrote:
You can get a **** tonne of endorphins after working out. Plus the high lasts all day

Thanks. :-) I was walking from Sept.-Jan. then became very ill my anxiety medication was making me allergic it was weird! chest pains and numbness it was scary. I stopped taking it the end of March cold turkey vs. weaning off since I had such severe symptoms. My knees still feel numb at times but I'll make it work IMO I WAS feeling better walking everyday. :-) From Sept.-Jan I lost 20 lbs. depending on mood/eating I've gained about 5lbs. back (give/take the scale & bloating and what I eat that day.)

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:17 am

sly279 wrote:
She extreme depressed I guess I do t I just lay in bed and don't eat or drink. But with job now ican't or I'd miss work.

This is my issue with having to get back on disability. A day where I don't feel like cleaning house = upset parents IMO whatever I'm depressed today.

Don't have the energy emotionally to walk to a bus stop and deal with the anxiety of people on a bus + WHATEVER the "job" is I'd have an anxiety attack or constantly call into work at least a few times a week IMO. Don't feel good or feel like coming in today emotionally drained as I call it. But NOPE! OMG! GET A JOB OMG! WORK OMG MAKE AN INCOME! Is what society says. :-(

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:18 am

I used to, but I cured myself of the habit of comfort eating. Too much body fat is detrimental to my outdoor adventures. Getting outdoors is a far better way to deal with depression, anyway.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 11:16 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
sly279 wrote:

This is my issue with having to get back on disability. A day where I don't feel like cleaning house = upset parents IMO whatever I'm depressed today.

Don't have the energy emotionally to walk to a bus stop and deal with the anxiety of people on a bus + WHATEVER the "job" is I'd have an anxiety attack or constantly call into work at least a few times a week IMO. Don't feel good or feel like coming in today emotionally drained as I call it. But NOPE! OMG! GET A JOB OMG! WORK OMG MAKE AN INCOME! Is what society says. :-(

Anxiety sucks. I and anxious everyday that I'm going get fired for things I might have said or did wrong. All while having to put up with constant changes. Now they made me sign s sheet saying I'd say things and if not could be fired, but I feel saying all those things will overwhelm the customer with too many questions. People who come to my area are just there to browse the discounts and lots get upset that I say anything to them at all. Now I'm suppose to pester them constantly and also try to make them get s credit card :( on top of the bad work conditions.

Bus is ok other then takes hours to get to work what would be 14 minutes by far. People don't sit next to me or talk. I get how you feel though. I think if you can't handle it then there's no point of you trying and putting yourself though hell for what stupid society thinks.

Yeah I have to be in mood to clean. It's why I do preventive cleaning, i.e. I use paper plates and plastic forks and spoons, and I reuse them if can, I clean pot right after done cooking before I eat. My rooms a mess though.

Hugs

Is twilight your fsvorit? I like rainbow dash most.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 9:50 pm

sly279 wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Anxiety sucks. I and anxious everyday that I'm going get fired for things I might have said or did wrong. All while having to put up with constant changes. Now they made me sign s sheet saying I'd say things and if not could be fired, but I feel saying all those things will overwhelm the customer with too many questions. People who come to my area are just there to browse the discounts and lots get upset that I say anything to them at all. Now I'm suppose to pester them constantly and also try to make them get s credit card :( on top of the bad work conditions.

Bus is ok other then takes hours to get to work what would be 14 minutes by far. People don't sit next to me or talk. I get how you feel though. I think if you can't handle it then there's no point of you trying and putting yourself though hell for what stupid society thinks.

Yeah I have to be in mood to clean. It's why I do preventive cleaning, i.e. I use paper plates and plastic forks and spoons, and I reuse them if can, I clean pot right after done cooking before I eat. My rooms a mess though.

Hugs

Is twilight your fsvorit? I like rainbow dash most.

I LOVE Twilight book nerd as my avatar shows LOL! Hate the whole princess has wings merchandise and am glad I was able to get an ornament and toy BEFORE the whole WINGS ON EVERYTHING! Dashie is cool too. :-) I see myself as some of Fluttershys anxiety sometimes that high or at times Twilight's panic attack anxiety. :-)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 10:22 pm

Every year the rainbow dash Oranments are sold out so I haven't been able to get one. I have both the rainbow dash pop figures and the whole set of the beanie babies. I has long have a glass , mug and screw top glass. I thought the whole wing thing was kinda lame change up on the show.

Yeah I'm more like flutter shy and pinkie pie.

I think rainbow dash is cute and I guess I have loyalty like her.
Though may be because the girl who got me into it who I loved used rainbow dash as a user picture so that may be while I like rain now dash more.

I also really think the cusaders are cute and love their songs the best.
Whole show has good songs though.

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Apr 2016, 10:41 pm

No..usually I just don't eat anything. there was about a month period where I hardly ate anything at all and lost a ton of weight. Doing much better now though.