Say something positive about yourself.

Page 149 of 166 [ 2645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152 ... 166  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:24 pm

I am very careful to make sure I don't hurt anyone, but I do sometimes. But at least I try not to, so that is positive isn't it? :)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:27 pm

I lose things so well, they're never found again.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2019, 2:29 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I lose things so well, they're never found again.

I have lost a few potential girlfriends like that due to faceblindness. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 1:41 am

it takes an exceptionally divine human being to be able to easily look past a mate's face-blindness.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 3:10 am

For me at times it would take the lady to grab me so I know it is her! Haha!

Actually, what puzzled me for years is that I could have faceblindness one day but not the next. Also I could recognise a person in one enviroment but not in another etc.
But it came to me recently that it is possible that I get faceblindness more when in a partial shutdown or if I am on the fringes of one, where I may not really know except I feel a bit... Well... Doing physical start to be come a struggle, and the deeper I go into the partial shutdown which if unchecked ends up being a shutdown... Obviously the more likely I would be to have faceblindness issues.

Faceblindness is wierd in that one does not really know one has it until people start complaining! In other words, it can be a long time after the event when someone asks "Why didn't you talk to me" etc...
I tend to try to smile and be polite to everyone I meet incase I know them so I don't upset them! Haha! It can be tiring doing that though.Try smiling for any length of time... Unless you happen to have one of those naturally smiling faces where you smile when you relax your face. It is one of the indicators for me where I can tell if my automatic masking is coming off. I stop smiling...I don't realize this sometimes u til someone says "Cheer up" or something like that. It hits me then as I realized I must be stressed, and then I realize the automasking has failed and I feel exposed and vunerable... And I then have to put effort into manually doing everything from manual overide of facial expressions, how I walk, body posture etc, etc, etc!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 4:04 am

seems only a few of us have a properly functioning NT emulation mode. most of us, our NT emulation mode works about as well as windows v.1.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 4:32 am

Emulation mode? What's that?

Just looked it up. To be like someone else?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 4:40 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Emulation mode? What's that?

Just looked it up. To be like someone else?

just like certain puters have emulation modes to operate older programs as though the OS were installed, certain of us aspies have emulation modes that make us function at least externally, like NTs. hollywood types like dan ackroyd and daryl hannah have the quality stuff, they pass at all times for NT. the rest of us struggle with our beta version NT emulators.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 5:47 pm

Uhmmm. I think I passed as a shy NT, and then through masking in jobs I would come accross as a confident NT but not quite an average NT, but the last decade or so my masking has erroded and I am exposed with some fragments of the mask in places, and the exposure means I am losing the ability to come accross on the surface as an NT.
It is only now looking back, even if I am an NT, how often I masked and how expertly I was masking. Masking was a way of life for me. I didn't know any different. It was automatic as well. It is like I had many masks glued on top of my face, and now as time has bassed and I have had such a battering in life this last decade or so, that one can see through the remains of the battered masks and the real me is someetimes exposed... And the exposing makes me vunerable.. Like my real face can't take lifes battles like it once did.

For quite a while I have been in this really battered state. However, I have just had some hope. It has cheered me up.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2019, 7:57 pm

^^^ :wtg:

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 4:37 pm

Why do I put something positive about myself?

I ask questions.

And, I'm back. Though writing on here may not be what's best for me.

I enjoy the supportive people though.
And, sometimes things just happen.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2019, 8:39 pm

caThar4G wrote:
Why do I put something positive about myself? I ask questions. And, I'm back. Though writing on here may not be what's best for me. I enjoy the supportive people though. And, sometimes things just happen.

YAY :mrgreen:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 2:24 am

caThar4G wrote:
Why do I put something positive about myself?

I ask questions.

And, I'm back. Though writing on here may not be what's best for me.

I enjoy the supportive people though.
And, sometimes things just happen.

Wow CaThar4G. I was just thinkjng about you as I was concerned that you are ok. It is lovely that you are here back posting. Questions... Yes... Excellent. Questions to answer... I may go quiet if I don't have answers, but someone will.
I've learnt that it is ok to ask questions. It is excellent to ask them.

They say "There's no such thing as a silly question?"
Oh really? The person who said that had not met me! HAHAHAHAHA!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 10:03 am

Welcome back, CaThar4G!

flownawy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2019, 8:03 am

i am not fat

Mountain Goat
Veteran