Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 3:08 pm

Even when I try to change things, it's just the same old same old. Nothing makes a difference.

I don't want to be alone, but nothing I do makes any difference.

I'm just unlovable

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 3:34 pm

I hear you! I feel this often. I chip away at it, but wish I had better solutions.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 3:39 pm

it's complicated because it's so simple. it should be simple. why is it not?

there's all the ingredients, but there's no cake. what's missing? is it the oven? or is it the recipe?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:22 pm

Oh Hurtloam!

I wish I could kiss your hand, so you wouldn't feel this way.

I bet many guys want to kiss your hand...but they are too shy.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:38 pm

Let ’em kiss a hand and they’ll kiss your whole arm, and then your neck, and then your other arm, and then your waist. Gotta keep ’em at bay.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:50 pm

I wish I didn't like the person I like, but I do and I don't know why he matters so much.

I wish I could meet someone who really liked me and really wanted to spend time with me.

It just seems impossible.

How do you find someone you're totally head over heels for who actually likes you too?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm

There's really no immediate answer.

But, in my mind, I think it will happen for you.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 5:59 pm

hurtloam wrote:
How do you find someone you're totally head over heels for who actually likes you too?

i've never experienced that, but i've experienced the other way around ("liking/being liked" first, "head over heels" later). i think it's more realistic and much more likely to happen, but most important, i think it's much healthier in practice. if you imagine sex drive is like religion, and your feelings and love life are like the state, then i would say that relying on infatuation is like theocracy. it's primal instincts taking control of complex matters beyond their rightful domain

Last edited by anagram on 23 Aug 2016, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 6:00 pm

hurtloam wrote:

It probably involves getting rid quickly of those who don’t reciprocate your feelings and not wasting time.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 6:13 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

It probably involves getting rid quickly of those who don’t reciprocate your feelings and not wasting time.

But there's no one to move on to. I'm in my mid 30s now and there just aren't any single guys my age around. Its too late now. I'm too old.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 6:26 pm

I'm upset because I got an invite with a "hurtloam plus one" on it.

I never have a plus one. I've never had a plus one. I'm going to a family thing alone again as the only single weirdo.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

that sucks :|

no matter how positive you may be, there's just no winning with family. best thing i can say is "you'll survive" (which you will)

in the meantime, vent away. in my experience it's the best way to stay sane under emotional pressure. a couple weeks ago i started a cryptic thread of my own that doesn't really invite responses, it made me feel better. it's hard to even describe why it ever would make me feel better, but it does. some people write in a journal, but to me it just feels cringeworthy-silly. lack of imagination, i guess. i need to imagine someone will be reading it

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 7:14 pm

anagram wrote:
it's complicated because it's so simple. it should be simple. why is it not?

there's all the ingredients, but there's no cake. what's missing? is it the oven? or is it the recipe?

That's how it feels. I think the answer is realizing you don't have to make the cake, you will be happier making your own meal from what you have.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 7:15 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

But there's no one to move on to. I'm in my mid 30s now and there just aren't any single guys my age around. Its too late now. I'm too old.

It feels that way, but there are others. We're all just harder to run into.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2016, 7:19 pm

HighLlama wrote:
That's how it feels. I think the answer is realizing you don't have to make the cake, you will be happier making your own meal from what you have.

i think so too. not that it stops me from wanting cake, naturally :lol:

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2016, 3:08 am

the topic reminds me of this song:

too bad the video quality is so low. still good enough to appreciate the choreography though