Pointless Thread of Death

Page 65 of 77 [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 77  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 11:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
death doesn't have to be sad. I know of a few good deaths. and what is so sad about going to heaven? :scratch:

Well say heaven and hell both exist. What if some of the people you love get seperated from you and go to hell when they die because they did bad things? Thats pretty sad. :(

you have to do some pretty bad things before the trend heads in that direction. worse than what you and me might do on our worst days. IOW we tend to not know or be close to such people. sociopathic types are in their own circles for which what you said, would indeed apply. sad for them.

I like to think of death as being the Great Equalizer. No matter who or what we are we are all headed to the same place when we die. Death embraces all of us with her cold embrace when our time comes. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 11:20 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
death doesn't have to be sad. I know of a few good deaths. and what is so sad about going to heaven? :scratch:

Well say heaven and hell both exist. What if some of the people you love get seperated from you and go to hell when they die because they did bad things? Thats pretty sad. :(

you have to do some pretty bad things before the trend heads in that direction. worse than what you and me might do on our worst days. IOW we tend to not know or be close to such people. sociopathic types are in their own circles for which what you said, would indeed apply. sad for them.

I like to think of death as being the Great Equalizer. No matter who or what we are we are all headed to the same place when we die. Death embraces all of us with her cold embrace when our time comes. :skull:

did you immortal baseball great ted Williams has his head frozen in cryogenic suspension?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2019, 11:20 pm

Santa Muerte

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 1:47 pm

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 2:02 pm

What song do you guys want played at your funeral?

This is my choice:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2019, 2:06 pm

auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

did you immortal baseball great ted Williams has his head frozen in cryogenic suspension?

That's one way to get aHEAD in life. :lol:

weez
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2019, 1:27 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:
There you go again ! ..i am feeling good and smiling again!Yep it is cool , We can exchange ideas and thoughts and make each other feel better. I think maybe I am a pagan , girls (even older ones) just want to have fun ..lol... :D I am more thoughtful than that but lucky too that it makes me feel good to make others feel good and I know not everyone is like that... I am pleased to meet you as well TW1ZTY ! :)

I've dabbled in wicca before but I'm not an expert in it. I know they honor the ancient Pagan Deities of the Celtics, Greeks & Romans, Norse, Mesopotamians, and Egyptians but they pretty much believe ALL Gods and Goddesses are real, right? Even the Christ God. :)

And of course the "Rule of Three". Anything you do, good or bad, comes back to you 3x.

I'm also a big fan of the movie "The Craft". I bet you would love it. 8)

Honestly I think I'm truly agnostic. :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hmmmmm, maybe I have the wrong idea of paganism i thought it was where you just want to have fun and enjoy life. If thats wrong then i'm not that ! ! ...I am going to get "The Craft" I am always asking people to recommend movies because I don't have TV, and I have missed out on a lot of good stuff , but have not been subjected to tons of bad either! But now that my attention is getting better and I am not too hyper that I cannot sit through a movie , I have seen some and I love them .I realize now I have missed out on more than just the good time we can have watching movies , They have a lot to teach us , and just all kinds of good stuff so I am anxious to start seeing the good movies I have missed.
I think I am agnostic as well. But I have had an experience with something I can only describe as an angel , (in a human form but was not human at least as we know them so far) so I am full of questions that I don't know about. I know the difference of reality and hallucination, I have even had manic hallucinations many years ago , and this experience with the angel or w/e was REAL . thanks for the movie tip , TW1ZTY.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 2:16 am

weez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:
There you go again ! ..i am feeling good and smiling again!Yep it is cool , We can exchange ideas and thoughts and make each other feel better. I think maybe I am a pagan , girls (even older ones) just want to have fun ..lol... :D I am more thoughtful than that but lucky too that it makes me feel good to make others feel good and I know not everyone is like that... I am pleased to meet you as well TW1ZTY ! :)

I've dabbled in wicca before but I'm not an expert in it. I know they honor the ancient Pagan Deities of the Celtics, Greeks & Romans, Norse, Mesopotamians, and Egyptians but they pretty much believe ALL Gods and Goddesses are real, right? Even the Christ God. :)

And of course the "Rule of Three". Anything you do, good or bad, comes back to you 3x.

hmmmmm, maybe I have the wrong idea of paganism i thought it was where you just want to have fun and enjoy life. If thats wrong then i'm not that ! ! ...I am going to get "The Craft" I am always asking people to recommend movies because I don't have TV, and I have missed out on a lot of good stuff , but have not been subjected to tons of bad either! But now that my attention is getting better and I am not too hyper that I cannot sit through a movie , I have seen some and I love them .I realize now I have missed out on more than just the good time we can have watching movies , They have a lot to teach us , and just all kinds of good stuff so I am anxious to start seeing the good movies I have missed.
I think I am agnostic as well. But I have had an experience with something I can only describe as an angel , (in a human form but was not human at least as we know them so far) so I am full of questions that I don't know about. I know the difference of reality and hallucination, I have even had manic hallucinations many years ago , and this experience with the angel or w/e was REAL . thanks for the movie tip , TW1ZTY.

You have bipolar disorder too? :) I've had both a genuine ghostly encounter with the spirit of my young cousin who died in a car crash a few years ago and I had what I believe to be an encounter with an angel. I wss going through a state of deep depression for months because my life was falling apart and I was feeling suicide and thought all people were just bad and evil. But thrn this mysterious old hispanic man walked up to me and handed me half a banana and walked away without saying anything. It's like that random act of kindness was a divine message not to give up on humanity. There's still good people in this world who would offer free food to a total stranger. :)

weez
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2019, 3:40 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:

You have bipolar disorder too? :) I've had both a genuine ghostly encounter with the spirit of my young cousin who died in a car crash a few years ago and I had what I believe to be an encounter with an angel. I wss going through a state of deep depression for months because my life was falling apart and I was feeling suicide and thought all people were just bad and evil. But thrn this mysterious old hispanic man walked up to me and handed me half a banana and walked away without saying anything. It's like that random act of kindness was a divine message not to give up on humanity. There's still good people in this world who would offer free food to a total stranger. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WOW, about the hispanic man giving you the half of a banana . Have you read any of Carlos Castaneda's Books, it sounds as if maybe Don Juan was visiting you , You may be a naugle (sp) ?
I was M/D a long time ago , yep you picked up on it for sure. But even though it says it worsens with age , don't believe it. I may still have enough to be considered a mood disorder , and I may be deluding myself but I am too big on honesty to do that , I will be brutally honest if it is necessary with myself and others.
I feel there are many many bad intentioned people in the world, but I am so easily swayed that just this communication with you makes me think , I am wrong and I have just been talking to , been around, the wrong people.
I have always had manic tendencies before I ever went full on M/D , and I feel that that is where I am and most likely will stay with just the tendencies.
So you have had the manic episodes where you hallucinate as well? Mine were for the most part beautiful. Until I just could not sleep and after 4 days of not sleeping they began to go sour. It was funny though when they were first beginning and I had no clue what was going on ....and i was hearing things ...and it wasn't real but I had the whole house checking light sockets /switches because they, like me, had no idea what was going on with me. I believe mine happened because of bad things happening in my life ,real bad , and then I was sick in bed with nothing to do except be sick in bed and afterwards i just started hallucinating, after my manic went away I became dangerously depressed and the cycle went on for a few years (all with doctors care , I had a team working with /for me) I got to a point where I felt I may not make it through another depression , and I fought it off and i get depressed sometimes but not the same as the M/D depression and it goes away very quickly. I don't know why I don't have it anymore, but i remember, just how it was, and the manic episodes were amazing sometimes, and I am grateful that I was able to have such wild experiences all by myself completely on my own, no drinking no drugs, really incredible. And the feelings of love , of being loved in a healthy way like just feeling that everyone loved me and were full of love was beautiful.
I have to say many people believe Carlos Castaneda, and what he wrote about life and death and being trained by Don Juan and other mystics and teachers is what I thought of the second I read what you said about the man giving you the banana , I don't know enough about it to tell you alot but I have a friend that knows and strongly believes . I think it would be well worth your time to read some of his books "Carlos Castaneda" wrote , if you are interested I will talk to my friend and have him give me the name of a good beginner book . LIFE is amazing ...And sleep is good ..lol..i had better get some !, sweet dreams .
oh yes and I would really love to hear about your Angel encounter , if it is similar to mine it will blow me away ...(in a strange good miracle way)

weez
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2019, 4:01 am

auntblabby wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wholeheartedly agree death doesn't have to be sad, depending on who it is dying...lol..
I don't know about all the heaven and hell stuff. I used to believe, but I just can't now, not the way any religion portrays it. And really not at all except that a perennial sleep not being aware of anything because your not there or alive to be aware can be a true blessing when one looks at never dying .....wwwwoooo....that gives me the shivers in a creepy way.But there is a possibility our soul lives on as I have had an encounter with someone/some entity that was not anything that can be explained by us mere mortals . So I am just here floundering on the sea of life, looking for direction and reason, and trying to have a good time as much as I can.
Thank You auntblabby for being here. I think your very sensible and honest and caring , and probably more good things as well.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 4:39 am

weez wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wholeheartedly agree death doesn't have to be sad, depending on who it is dying...lol..
I don't know about all the heaven and hell stuff. I used to believe, but I just can't now, not the way any religion portrays it. And really not at all except that a perennial sleep not being aware of anything because your not there or alive to be aware can be a true blessing when one looks at never dying .....wwwwoooo....that gives me the shivers in a creepy way.But there is a possibility our soul lives on as I have had an encounter with someone/some entity that was not anything that can be explained by us mere mortals . So I am just here floundering on the sea of life, looking for direction and reason, and trying to have a good time as much as I can.
Thank You auntblabby for being here. I think your very sensible and honest and caring , and probably more good things as well.

you're welcome :flower: us aspies oughta stick together :bounce: :bounce: in heaven one can sleep if one wants to. but there is so much to do that the only sleepers are ones who just came back from hard missions on earth.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 10:12 am

weez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:

WOW, about the hispanic man giving you the half of a banana . Have you read any of Carlos Castaneda's Books, it sounds as if maybe Don Juan was visiting you , You may be a naugle (sp) ?
I was M/D a long time ago , yep you picked up on it for sure. But even though it says it worsens with age , don't believe it. I may still have enough to be considered a mood disorder , and I may be deluding myself but I am too big on honesty to do that , I will be brutally honest if it is necessary with myself and others.
I feel there are many many bad intentioned people in the world, but I am so easily swayed that just this communication with you makes me think , I am wrong and I have just been talking to , been around, the wrong people.
I have always had manic tendencies before I ever went full on M/D , and I feel that that is where I am and most likely will stay with just the tendencies.
So you have had the manic episodes where you hallucinate as well? Mine were for the most part beautiful. Until I just could not sleep and after 4 days of not sleeping they began to go sour. It was funny though when they were first beginning and I had no clue what was going on ....and i was hearing things ...and it wasn't real but I had the whole house checking light sockets /switches because they, like me, had no idea what was going on with me. I believe mine happened because of bad things happening in my life ,real bad , and then I was sick in bed with nothing to do except be sick in bed and afterwards i just started hallucinating, after my manic went away I became dangerously depressed and the cycle went on for a few years (all with doctors care , I had a team working with /for me) I got to a point where I felt I may not make it through another depression , and I fought it off and i get depressed sometimes but not the same as the M/D depression and it goes away very quickly. I don't know why I don't have it anymore, but i remember, just how it was, and the manic episodes were amazing sometimes, and I am grateful that I was able to have such wild experiences all by myself completely on my own, no drinking no drugs, really incredible. And the feelings of love , of being loved in a healthy way like just feeling that everyone loved me and were full of love was beautiful.
I have to say many people believe Carlos Castaneda, and what he wrote about life and death and being trained by Don Juan and other mystics and teachers is what I thought of the second I read what you said about the man giving you the banana , I don't know enough about it to tell you alot but I have a friend that knows and strongly believes . I think it would be well worth your time to read some of his books "Carlos Castaneda" wrote , if you are interested I will talk to my friend and have him give me the name of a good beginner book . LIFE is amazing ...And sleep is good ..lol..i had better get some !, sweet dreams .
oh yes and I would really love to hear about your Angel encounter , if it is similar to mine it will blow me away ...(in a strange good miracle way)

I think the hispanic man offering me free food WAS my angel encounter. :lol:

weez
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2019, 6:31 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
weez wrote:

I think the hispanic man offering me free food WAS my angel encounter. :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have got to read some of Carlos Castaneda's books. :!: You just might read about , who you think maybe was your angel. :heart: I am excited to know if it was. I will talk to my friend and get the name of the best book for you to read 8) and maybe you will find out there is something familiar , because as soon as I read it when you wrote it , i thought it was "familiar" because I have read a book or two but have forgotten so much of it. I can't wait ! ! lol..

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 11:26 pm

Baron Samedi: The Voodoo God of death.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 12:37 pm

Here is a song about 13 deaths. It is about the Mann Gulch fire of 1949 and the 13 men who died there. Norman Maclean (A River Runs Through It) wrote "Young Men and Fire" and this is the song version.

Cold Missouri Waters by James Keelahan (the song writer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dztj4X3fQps

Same song covered by Cry, Cry, Cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgQNeGPJdcQ

One of the interesting points (there are many) is that the crew leader Dodge on inspiration implemented the first known use of a backfire to protect himself.

Maclean died before he finished Young Men and Fire. He did not get a chance to do a final editing. Still worth a read.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 6:05 am