Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 10:07 am

...and this is the reason why.

My daytime appetite is almost non-existant durring the hot summer days. I'm down to Slim-Fast, rice cakes and produce, between seven in the morning and five in the evening. This is not a choice. I would also like to stress the fact that I am NOT anorexic. I'm sure that you already know that by looking at my many avatars and my Rank Title. Sometimes, I have a little cry when I look at my Coke glass of Slim-Fast, wishing that I could manage to be able to eat a normal breakfast like normal people can, all year round. I can't eat a normal breakfast or a normal lunch, for that matter, in the summertime, when it's hot outside. I get jealous when I see most of the members at my clubhouse inhale their big lunches in the summer heat, because I wish that I could be doing the same. My reality is that the summer heat really upsets my stomach, so I can't do that. What should I do?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 10:22 am

Maybe you should become like a Muslim and only eat after dusk and before dawn? I dunno.

And how can you breathe in your lunch? I think the word you're looking for is "ingest".

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

31 May 2007, 11:16 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n6chxpEINs[/youtube]

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 11:17 am

I'm not too crazy about it either!

I think it's too hot!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 11:22 am

Try light things...salads and soup and toast, maybe.
I don't see it will do you any harm as long as you eat at some point.
Just be sure to drink plenty.

Raylynn
Toucan
Toucan

31 May 2007, 11:27 am

Do you have to be outside of the ac for extended periods of time? Maybe if you can be inside in a cool area for an hour before you eat and an hour after you eat, perhaps this could help? I think it is somewhat natural though to loose some of your appetite in hot weather, digestion only adds body heat so you're more likely to become hotter. Also one thing that helps me is to drink a lot of water, it seems to help my stomach as well as keeping me hydrated. Plus I avoid food that is harder for me to digest in the day. I usually stick to salads and fruits and such during the day and eat some protein at night for dinner. Any kind of dairy in hot weather makes me feel sick, maybe the slim-fast is contributing to your stomach aches like this. There are other sources for calcium and nutrients. I tried the slim-fast thing in January, it just wasn't for me. It ended up causing me more stomach issues and lead me into a downward spiral of just not eating anything because everything started upsetting my stomach. Well I might be exagerating, but at the least slim-fast did nothing for me at all.

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2007, 11:51 am

Allthough I don't like hot, stinky-swet-inducing, air-so-thick-you-can-cut-it-with-a-knife-type summer weather, I tend to like the short, fierce thunderstorms that come with it...:

One moment it's so hot the light posts and fire hydrants start chasing the dogs -- then come twenty minutes of intense rain and graphite-grey clouds above. Then afterwards, when the sun comes back out from the now dissipated clouds, the air is just so ... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D :D :D

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 11:55 am

I hate summer as well. But for different reasons. I can't stand the weather.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 12:02 pm

May I suggest you move to Greenland? No warm weather there! :lol:

squier
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 12:46 pm

i never have an appetite for lunch, but thats because of my medication...

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 12:52 pm

I thank you all for your suggestions. I'll try one a week, until I find one that works. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 12:53 pm

Tequila wrote:
May I suggest you move to Greenland? No warm weather there! :lol:

That's a good one! :D I love your sense of humour. :lol:

JakeG
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 12:56 pm

It is normal to have a reduced appetite in hot weather so I wouldn't worry too much unless you feel especially sick or weak for the want of food.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 4:01 pm

I HATE SUMMER TOO!! !! !!

ljoon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2007, 5:42 pm

I have the opposite issue with summer; I usually gain 10lbs over the summer because I hang around the house three months straight, eating out of boredom.

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 5:44 pm

I hate summer because of the weather and how lonely I can get but now that I just got Empire Earth II, I wont have to worry about any of those things.