My underwear was stolen!

Page 2 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:54 am

...Well, thank you :( . I need to go to the bathroom and bed (In that order.) :lol: now, so g'bye now.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 1:12 pm

...I slept later this A.M., only out of bed and going to the little boy's about 8:45 - Way too late to go to church at 10:15, as I'd planned. :(
Crippled as I am, I felt I had to allow myself :cry: - two hours?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 9:00 pm

Try to call up or visit the advocate I mentioned this week if you can. Things are really hard for you but you never know whats around the corner.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2017, 11:35 pm

...I lost two previous attempts at this :cry: . This phone - Though it's all I have. - sometimes goes on a fritz just if you look at it :( . I am sitting ow in a KFC, mami g my way through ( By .y standards.) two meals worth of food...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:30 am

......I had had just one (By my standards.) full meal up til' the KFC (I keep losing drafts of my posts here :cry: .)). I do, I admit, tend to go to food for consolation. I can't rest my feet at length, I can't read and listen to music, alone, in privavy - I can eat. Lots of salt & grease! And carbonation.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 2:39 am

...Earlier that day (It's now Monday.), I had decided to try another church service, an outdoor one near the Bay Bridge. But like when I went there before, once I got to that end, there was no bus/trolley for the last 1/2??, 3/4?? mile, so I walkwalkwalkwalkwalked my feet :( , and this time, got there I felt too late for me to go. :( Sometimes, I think of a noose. It's maybe not being cripppled, it's not being able to more work around-with it :cry: . Or maybe I'm trying to say what I know I'm supposed to.

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

04 Sep 2017, 12:14 pm

When I lived in Santa Cruz, the waiting lists for an apartment had a hundred or so applicants. A landlord's market, with a vengeance. And expensive rents.

Crowded, because so many people want to live there. A beach-resort, but not really good for swimming. In a whole summer, there often will just be very few days when the air and the water are warm enough for swimming without catching cold.

Maybe global-warming has improved that situation by now. I don't know.

Michael829

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:30 pm

...When did you live there? It doesn't really matter about landlords, my financial and possessions state and general status are so that, the only way I will get an apartment/place is through some Social Services agency or whatnot (Barring the extreme non-likelihood of some windfall coming along or whatnot,) I simply do not have $ and background/connection to get something through the " normal " route. (I believe this would follwnevenbif I " moved somewhere where thin
r

Michael829"]When I lived in Santa Cruz, the waiting lists for an apartment had a hundred or so applicants. A landlord's market, wittnot,zh a vengeance. And expensive rents.

Crowded, because so many people want to live there. A beach-resort, but not really good for swimming. In a whole summer, there often will just be very few days when the air and the water are warm enough for swimming without catching cold.

Maybe global-warming has improved that situation by now. I don't know.

Michael829[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 7:51 pm

......I believe this would follow even if I " moved somewhere where things are cheaper ", as some would suggest. Even if I did - Paid for how? To where? And what would I do once I was there? And if it wasn't all that great, then what? - Those suggestions are more, mostly, " You can pick up a post-war tract house outrageously cheap! " And " Low regulations, favorable tax rate - A great place to start a business! "-type ideas, not things relating to the level which I am at :( . Fruits 5c cheaper per pound at the supermarket or lower gas price mean little when you.don't have a home in which you could have a refrigerator, or a driver's licence.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm

ASS-P wrote:
......I believe this would follow even if I " moved somewhere where things are cheaper ", as some would suggest. Even if I did - Paid for how? To where? And what would I do once I was there? And if it wasn't all that great, then what? - Those suggestions are more, mostly, " You can pick up a post-war tract house outrageously cheap! " And " Low regulations, favorable tax rate - A great place to start a business! "-type ideas, not things relating to the level which I am at :( . Fruits 5c cheaper per pound at the supermarket or lower gas price mean little when you.don't have a home in which you could have a refrigerator, or a driver's licence.

Yeah, my best friend knew all about help that wasn't really help in her situation, too.
I have no advice to give you
as to whether you should stay in SF or move to SC,
but either way, I wish you the best.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 3:16 am

...At dinner tonite I got more s**t from the messhall staff about " We don't want you to be the last to leave ". And then, when I was far from the last to leave, they gave me s**t anyway! :x There even seemed to be something said about writing me up :( .
Last night, the new 2nd hand belt I'd bought broke on me when I was sitting down to eat - before I ate. It was the first time I'd worn it. Mass-market stuff is so frequently a piece of junk these days :cry: ! I had enough money, I did manage to get another belt at a Goodwill the next Labor Day morning (It'sTuesday now.).
With the library closed, I did not leave the HL shelter's block-ish vicinity all day, resting my feet - And rather " nusianceishy ", I guess, eating junk food and reading while lie-sitting on the sidewalk treating it as my " concrete beach ", then eating more at a pizzera...including a real sugar-y Mexican Coke ÷ then, later on, after dinner and after my phone was charged up 100% (rare for me)...

Last edited by ASS-P on 05 Sep 2017, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 3:55 am

...It's1:45 AM, I am being " another homeless dude hangi g out in front of his shelter ' as I've tried?? to avoid being, Pandora on my phone has a station for The Dickies but a Ramones song just finished followed by a Dicckies song. Earlier, I had started a station for this Big.Band era singer, Bea Wain, who just died recently. Now it's Devo.
I feel pretty good actually, but I decidedly over-consumed junk food & sugar to-day, and didn't go beyond two block's adius from the shelter in any direction.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 4:37 am

...Okay, post-the 100% cjarge, I decided to go outside and balance out the massive amount of sugar I was sure I'd consumed (I think maybe enough to get me ER'd at a hospital, if not admitted, if I were measured by medicos, which I am not trying to do tonight, and haven't done...though in the past I have " partied with sugar " when I wanted to go to go to the hpspital.) by getting some diet aoda...which I did but I also got an ice cream and a box of Chicken In A Biskit crackers, which I have now finished...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 5:27 am

...I lost ANOTHER! draft :cry: ...I'm not going to wrap this up, then, it's 3:16 A.M., - 17, now - it's cold and I'm now near-completely alone in front of the shelter, I switched the Pandora to a station for Dave Van Ronk (This " Greenwich Village folk era " dude who, though I never saw him, I have a weird passage-of-time story about.:() which is now playing some B. Dylan " Bootleg Series " version of " Hard Rain "...........Supposedly he wrote that song during the Cuban Missle Crisis when everybody, supposedly, was angsting that the Bomb
might drop in the next week...I was a lil' kiddie and don't remember it:-)!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

It went up to 106 in SF, an all-time record, a couple of days ago.

How did you handle that?