Ezra's pointless thread.

Page 2 of 35 [ 514 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2018, 10:31 pm

It`s nice to look at those pictures you posted from your walk. I really like the way the boardwalk curves it`s way through the forest. Thanks for sharing :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:28 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS has specifically made statements against alcohol, marijuana, and magic mushrooms. All of these substances have well known effects and humans have been consuming them for thousands, of not tens or hundreds of thousands, of years.

I always find peoples’ double standards and hypocrisy about the drugs they consume vs the ones others consume rather comical

What's comical is someone going on and on about the effects of substances and remedies, while acting like someone who's blatantly not in their right mind. I've pretty much taken it for granted that it's just an act.

Last edited by EzraS on 15 Jul 2018, 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:33 am

SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Since the botox treatment my walking has become easier and I can walk with less assistance.

awesome news dude. Is the treatment finished yet?

Yeah it will hold me for 6 months so that I can get outdoors and go for walks. After that I go under the knife. Which is no big deal. It's the recovery and therapy time I wanted to put off while the weather is good.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:35 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I decided start a diary of stuff I do and problems I have.

Right now I am on a walk through the woods where the trail is mostly boardwalk because it's so swampy. Nice, cool and shady here. But getting close to mosquito time.

Since the botox treatment my walking has become easier and I can walk with less assistance. But teetering as always.

There's lots of little frogs that squeak in surprise and jump in the water as I walk by.

You're in good company...

“Tonight I walked around the pond scaring frogs; a couple of them jumped off, going, in effect, eek, and most grunted, and the pond was still. But one big frog, bright green like a poster-paint frog, didn't jump, so I waved my arm and stamped to scare it, and it jumped suddenly, and I jumped, and then everything in the pond jumped, and I laughed and laughed.”
― Annie Dillard (Pilgrim at Tinker Creek)

Since this is a pointless thread, here are a few points to remedy that.

I get your point :lol:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:35 am

Ms.Berg wrote:
It`s nice to look at those pictures you posted from your walk. I really like the way the boardwalk curves it`s way through the forest. Thanks for sharing :)

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:40 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Interesting how you’re utilizing and enjoying drugs & their effects on you (botox, in this case - which I realize is a toxin with physical affects vs mental) and yet you talk down to others who utilize different life enhancing substances that nature has to offer.

I always find peoples’ double standards and hypocrisy about the drugs they consume vs the ones others consume rather comical.

I see ppl having double standards in many areas of life. I guess it is best to see the humor in it lest you go mad.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 12:58 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
I see ppl having double standards in many areas of life. I guess it is best to see the humor in it lest you go mad.

One can be very liberal when it comes to calling double standards. If someone is against rain forest trees being chopped down, but pulls weeds out of their garden, someone can claim that person has double standards.

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jul 2018, 7:28 am

EzraS wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Since the botox treatment my walking has become easier and I can walk with less assistance.

Yeah it will hold me for 6 months so that I can get outdoors and go for walks. After that I go under the knife. Which is no big deal. It's the recovery and therapy time I wanted to put off while the weather is good.

New lease of life dude. I can understand not wanting to be on bed rest when the weather is good , save it for a rainy day.

Would you continue to improve with just botox or is surgery the only fix?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 7:54 am

Nice photos Ezra, glad you can get out in nature.
I love Annie Dillard, great book Esme.

"Security is mostly a superstition.It does not exist in nature,nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing." Helen Keller

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:01 am

SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:

New lease of life dude. I can understand not wanting to be on bed rest when the weather is good , save it for a rainy day.

It's the best fix. All it's going to do is correct the misalignment caused by my awkward gate, but not do anything for the condition itself.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:11 am

Misslizard wrote:

Thanks. I love taking pictures. Here's a couple at the beach.

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jul 2018, 8:16 am

EzraS wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
EzraS wrote:

It's the best fix. All it's going to do is correct the misalignment caused by my awkward gate, but not do anything for the condition itself.

I feel like I'm being too nosy now , sorry dude. I wish you all the best. You need to start an EzraS photograph thread , you have a good eye.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Jul 2018, 8:17 am

EzraS wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Thanks. I love taking pictures. Here's a couple at the beach.

:wtg:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (moderator)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 8:35 am

Um, Ezra, I know I am supposed to be cooking my breakfast right now, but - you do realize - you probably could make a living as a professional nature/scenic photographer (like Ansel Adams or Galen Rowell).

I'm not joking, you have a blazingly brilliant gift for composition and light.

Now I really need to go scramble some eggs...

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2018, 9:19 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I feel like I'm being too nosy now , sorry dude. I wish you all the best. You need to start an EzraS photograph thread , you have a good eye.

There's no such thing as being too nosey where I'm concerned. I've always been an open book. Ask me anything. And thanks.