Getting bullied and marginalized

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 1:08 am

It feels like almost anywhere I go I don't feel like I get treated like an equal. People are condescending towards me and they sometimes discredit me. Then when people do that I feel like it influences the way other people treat me too.

Some people invade my space, talk bad about me or imply things about me like I'm not even there. Sometimes if I try to avoid the people who invade my space they seem to follow me.

I feel like some people do almost anything they can to try to make me uncomfortable. I try to keep my distance from most people because it seems like they will either twist around what I said or somehow use what I said against me. It's just not worth the trouble.

It also feels like the people who bully me are always well liked so if they wanted to they could probably turn a lot of other people against me. They seem to talk behind other people's backs constantly, but are extremely popular. It's almost like they put people under some kind of spell. I really worry about getting mobbed because of this.

I try not to give people reasons to bully me. I try to assert myself and not get emotional. I just try to do my own thing when they act that way, but they don't ever seem to stop.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:51 am

Sounds like you’re somewhere worth getting the f**k out of.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:53 am

Sounds like a shitpit.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 11:35 am

Some people are pretty nice to me. It just seems like there's always at least someone who targets me and try to get others to join in.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:30 pm

I'm sorry you are the victim of this horrible behavior. People like us seem to attract bullies for some reason. One or 2 are the bullies and others follow like sheep because they don't want to be the victim themselves. It's sad.

Wish I knew why it happens. Wish I was there to defend you Milady.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 5:12 pm

slw1990 wrote:
It feels like almost anywhere I go I don't feel like I get treated like an equal. People are condescending towards me and they sometimes discredit me. Then when people do that I feel like it influences the way other people treat me too.

Some people invade my space, talk bad about me or imply things about me like I'm not even there. Sometimes if I try to avoid the people who invade my space they seem to follow me.

I feel like some people do almost anything they can to try to make me uncomfortable. I try to keep my distance from most people because it seems like they will either twist around what I said or somehow use what I said against me. It's just not worth the trouble.

It also feels like the people who bully me are always well liked so if they wanted to they could probably turn a lot of other people against me. They seem to talk behind other people's backs constantly, but are extremely popular. It's almost like they put people under some kind of spell. I really worry about getting mobbed because of this.

I try not to give people reasons to bully me. I try to assert myself and not get emotional. I just try to do my own thing when they act that way, but they don't ever seem to stop.

Thats very usual NT behavior toward people on the spectrum as well as those they think just dont "fit in". My experience is that a physical response is the only way to make them stop. As for getting them to see that they are wrong and should not treat people this way, its not going to happen. They have empathy only for those who are just like them. I'm sure you did nothing to deserve this treatment and did nothing to offend them in any way.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2018, 4:54 pm

slw1990 wrote:

It is absolutely not your fault that people treat you like crap. Such people who see you as an easy target for marginalization are just marginalizing themselves, so just remember that being on the spectrum is just a part of what makes you human, not a POS.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 11:22 pm

The people who target me seem completely relentless. I feel tired of being treated like a second class citizen.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 11:49 am

slw1990 wrote:
The people who target me seem completely relentless. I feel tired of being treated like a second class citizen.

Why don't you try finding a group of some kind that have members who share similar interests like you do?

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 4:54 pm

I'm in a group for people who have similar problems. I have to be around the people who bully me though because I work with them. I think the bullying isn't as bad as it was a few months ago because 2 bullies left where I work, but now there's a new one.