Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 5:21 am

Any decent man would dig a woman who likes Tolstoy. If she is pretty, a double bonus.

I saw a movie called “Puzzle.” The woman was in a mismatched marriage. She had some hidden genius in math, is shy and feminine. He’s a blue-collar guy, somewhat crude, who liked her in the kitchen only.

She’s a woman whom I had a crush on because of that genius, not despite it.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 8:57 am

hurtloam wrote:
It's difficult to give up on someone who keeps sending mixed messages. I got the feeling I actually made him feel hurt by drawing away. I'm protecting myself. I'm not pushing him away because i don't care, i just can't face a month of crying my eyes out again.

So you're saying that you're still in contact with him?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2018, 10:59 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
It's difficult to give up on someone who keeps sending mixed messages. I got the feeling I actually made him feel hurt by drawing away. I'm protecting myself. I'm not pushing him away because i don't care, i just can't face a month of crying my eyes out again.

So you're saying that you're still in contact with him?

Yes. We have friends in common and see each other from time to time.

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2018, 12:13 pm

Quote: "It's difficult to give up on someone who keeps sending mixed messages"

Tolstoy wrote that if there is real love, there will be some "sub-text". Could be just the fact that someone is coming again and again to meet you (if there's some consistency in it?)
Good luck making up your mind about that. Difficult as it is. ASP people miss negative just as much as positive signals, looking at the past I see a wasteland of stupid actions, overlooking negative signals, both as missed opportunities, overlooking positive signals (and I'll tell you, these last ones hurt most)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2018, 1:39 am

There was, but he must have changed his mind...

Time to move on.

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2018, 3:18 pm

"Time to move on"

Good luck to that.
Sometimes Forwardness defeats Nostalgia, sometimes it doesn't, at least 50% chance I guess

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 3:47 pm

Ahem, I met someone else already which never ever happens to me.

:D :D

Rebound? Or something real? Who knows?

I do like him a lot though. This feels real, but I always say that and it never is.

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2018, 4:34 pm

Good luck for you in this case
in this world there exists an awful lot of unluck but also of an awful lot of happiness

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 8:55 pm

Good luck =)

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2018, 3:17 pm

This thread makes me think of some other difficult love stories
I really liked to read Thomas Hardy's books "Tess of the d'Urbevilles" and "Far from the madding crowd", the last title is almost a definition of being "unhappy but still feeling fine"

These things are not easy, here's just another try at it:

https://medium.com/@gerbentue/more-sad- ... 00b34de219

I don't know what I want to reach with it, perhaps just some light at the end of the tunnel

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2018, 4:56 pm

Ah, I have several books on my bookshelf I have yet to read and Far From the Madding Crowd is one of them. I've seen the film adaptation. I'm looking for a farmer Oak.

Yes she did fall for the wrong person at first. And when I fall for someone I do think of the first guy in that story, the wrong one and wonder if I'm just falling for a charade.

Maybe I have found my farmer Oak. This is one of the few times I have not been worried about falling for the wrong one. It's like standing on level ground for once.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 4:14 am

hurtloam wrote:
Honestly. I'm sick of you guys writing women over 20 off as horrible old bores. We still have fun. I have NT female friends who are still fun. It's a horrible narrow minded trope.

"Horrible old bores" not so much, but certainly much more interested in "settling down" than just having fun and enjoying life with a partner. I'm on several dating sites, and there really is a trend of women 25 and up putting in their profile things like "now I'm done with dating, looking for man to build family" or "we will date for one (1!) year, but then I want kids and a house in the countryside."

You're done with dating? Well, I'm just starting, so excuse me if I'll respect your plans by moving on and seeing if there's someone that seems to be more compatible with mine.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 5:30 am

"We will date for one year and then..." aka "I am looking for a doormat."

Run, run away!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 5:09 pm

Biological clocks are ticking!!