Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 2:52 pm

I feel trapped by life in general. I'm English but can speak Welsh fluently. What's the point of that?

My head is full of romantic visions but the people around me are realists or pessimists. I'd like to create films that explore surreal stories or that simply express an emotion like love or a sensation like wonder. Doing things on my own is boring though, there's not much motivation there.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 3:00 pm

fifasy wrote:
I'd like to create films that explore surreal stories or that simply express an emotion like love or a sensation like wonder.

Then put a plan into place for creating films that explore surreal stories or that simply express an emotion like love of a sensation like wonder. And then execute the plan. And stay focused, very focused.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2018, 4:53 pm

That sounds beautiful, you should definately make those films! If its hard to be motivated just discipline yourself into making the films. It might be tedious making them but you may be pleased with the end result.

Ive said the same thing with my art. Its hard to get motivated especially since Im alone. But a poster on here said I just need discipline to accomplish my work....he may be right.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 1:57 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
That sounds beautiful, you should definately make those films! If its hard to be motivated just discipline yourself into making the films. It might be tedious making them but you may be pleased with the end result.

Ive said the same thing with my art. Its hard to get motivated especially since Im alone. But a poster on here said I just need discipline to accomplish my work....he may be right.

If I'm going to make the films I'll need to buy a high-spec computer and a video camera, which will cost me a lot. I'm trying to weigh up whether it's worth it.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 6:14 am

i wonder if my solutions can be applied. i somewhat am substituting freedom. using my imagination. good (and bad) thing that i have a load of it, suitable for several normal people xD. but so do u, apparently. try to imagine?)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 7:58 am

fifasy wrote:
I feel trapped by life in general. I'm English but can speak Welsh fluently. What's the point of that?

My head is full of romantic visions but the people around me are realists or pessimists. I'd like to create films that explore surreal stories or that simply express an emotion like love or a sensation like wonder. Doing things on my own is boring though, there's not much motivation there.

Because of the title of your thread I read your post as Freddie Mercury singing "I want to break free" - it worked quite well at first but then didn't scan.

Speaking welsh fluently would give you a big advantage if you wanted a job in some parts of wales , especially the film industry , very cliquey if you speak welsh

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

10 Oct 2018, 8:08 am

Then do it! Stop surronding yourself with negative people! There are optimistic people out there, i'd say that all of my friends are optimists. I've had very negative ones too and they do drag you down even if you try to prevent it.

Speaking several languages is great! So do I. Language is interesting.

Create films! You can do so on your own too. :) Film-making is really fun. Just be creative and go outside, start filming things you find beautiful/romantic could be anything, the world is full of beautiful things. If you need others with you then find some likeminded people, i'm sure you could find some here and on other forums too.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:15 am

It sounds like you don't want to make films by yourself, even though the technology may within reach if you were to obtain the necessary technical skills.

Getting a job in a new place and moving there to around like minded people is a hard step for many Aspies, but I studied very hard, got a job far, far away from where I grew up, and moved to where I could get paid for one of my special interests. :D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 8:19 am

fifasy wrote:

I encourage you as well, and I'd enjoy the genre!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 9:24 am

Become a scholar of the Welsh language - very comfortable, respectable position to be in.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 11:55 am

SaveFerris wrote:
fifasy wrote:

Because of the title of your thread I read your post as Freddie Mercury singing "I want to break free" - it worked quite well at first but then didn't scan.

Speaking welsh fluently would give you a big advantage if you wanted a job in some parts of wales , especially the film industry , very cliquey if you speak welsh

I have a habit of creating thread titles that are puns, seems to be a symptom of being British.

I might save up for the gear I need but anyways I just want to thank you all for your input and support. I feel blessed to have so many people respond. And yes, I'm being an ass-kisser but I genuinely mean it too.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2018, 11:57 am

well at least u get a courage to do it for urself) i generally cant do that xD
AND YA u are welcome

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 6:01 pm

fifasy wrote:

It sounds like you want friends or at least a group to get ideas going.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

fifasy wrote:
And yes, I'm being an ass-kisser but I genuinely mean it too.

Pucker up baby Image

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard