I really am a cripple, you know.

Page 3 of 22 [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 11:35 am

He probably has books to read, and maybe comic books.

I know, if I were homeless, that I would just love to have a long book to read....especially if it's nonfiction.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2018, 11:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I know, if I were homeless, that I would just love to have a long book to read....especially if it's nonfiction.

Simple then buy and read them one at a time.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 3:07 pm

...I'm going to return to my original point, which is that I am REALLY crippled :(. I move ultra-slowly, and, furthermore, my getting up from a floor/the ground position, just as it says in my sig, is REALLY a " Lon Chaney, Sr. as a pathetic cripple with a cart ' :cry: matter. My back tends to be bad, and, when I had my rather stuffed backpack stolen while I was asleep recently, the pain-blunting edibles were among what was stolen. Furthermore, now, the NYS lawyer is refusing to send me money at all...the hospital social worker I'd worked with told him a, at the very least, exaggerated story that I was going to another town post-Patterson (San Jose) and got him to cut off money to me - It has been well past a month - strolling toward a month and a half, at least - since I received money from him, the Patterson thing greatly depleted my cash, but, as of now, he has been saying " find another social worker " (the previous one seems to have said " you needn't contact me " after I called her on the false San Jose story) before sending me more of what, in fact, is MY money...I can't just pull a social worker out of a hat!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2018, 3:27 pm

Ok so why post this here on a public forum?

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Nov 2018, 6:22 pm

Also I'm wondering why you left SF. That seems to be a much more HL friendly city. They have shelters, free food, and a homeless outreach team.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:34 pm

Note to ASS-P:

If you want to buy a comic book, do it. If you want a cheese burger, eat it. There are too many people who think that just because you're poor you should be deprived of all joy. That's crap. With the life you've lead, you have as much right as anybody to be happy.

I make $15,000 a year and am "poor" by most estimates, but I still buy and play video games. Don't let people shame you into being a miserable wretch just because you weren't lucky enough to be born middle-class.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:37 pm

He wasn't born with a "silver spoon"---but he came from a well-off family (I believe).

Still, you're right. If he wants to enjoy a cheeseburger, let him enjoy a cheeseburger.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:59 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I read online books from the library on my phone.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 7:08 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Note to ASS-P:

If you want to buy a comic book, do it. If you want a cheese burger, eat it. There are too many people who think that just because you're poor you should be deprived of all joy. That's crap. With the life you've lead, you have as much right as anybody to be happy.

I make $15,000 a year and am "poor" by most estimates, but I still buy and play video games. Don't let people shame you into being a miserable wretch just because you weren't lucky enough to be born middle-class.

I think the problem people have always had is talk of how much pain and difficulty there is in dragging around an "overstuffed" "ball and chain" backpack or duffelbag. And how many trips have to be made to the ER because of water weight gain which is probably because of too much sodium from a fast food diet. It's like someone writing about how much candy they eat, and then writing about all the stomach aches they get, over and over and over.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 1:05 am

...I can't, as I said, carry a stove around with me! I don't know how to do that! :x Even though I'm trying to avoid talking to MS, as far as returning to San Francisco goes, from for and against...Ping-ponging this many times between Santa Cruz and SF seems, on one level, to be a little silly. For a major " Against " there is simply the fact that SF is very hilly - Surely you've seen some of those action movies with dramatic car chases using the hilly parts of SF :lol: ! - Built on seven hills, like Rome 8) . - I'd have to deal with a lot of hills :| - given that I am handicapped :( . I left SF in 2017 partly - heavily - because the Social Services people I was with were threatening to take my SSDI. Would I have to deal with them again? I had, too, been disappointed by them when, as you may remember, I meant to apply to City College of San Francisco and they said they'd help/encourage me with the applying - and then they didn't :cry: .
On a plus side, there is some initiative on the San Francisco ballot this year that would greatly increase homeless spending - If it passes, of course, it wouldn't immediately affect things...But would it help me much? And would I be seen as too much of an " outsider-coming-back " if I did? Then again, I might still be listed as a San Francisco resident.
However, too, the Main Library downtown has some personnel that seem to dislike me, and little completely free computers anymore, IIRC...And I'd likely end up hanging around the sorta ucchhy Tenderloin and upper SOMA nabes, as I did before ..Then again, they're sort of " the old home " :| ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 3:49 am

Most fast food places have healthy choice menus. Lots of very good salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, fruit cups etc. I don't care what you eat it's none of my damn business. But if you ate more of that kind of food you would probably lose a lot of weight. Both water and regular and take some strain off your back.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 4:59 am

...There's actually few fast-food places in the KFC/Mickey D's sense in downtown SC.
Also, BTW, though I'd planned to vote...I don't know if I will be out of the hospital and can do that this coming Tuesday :(.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Nov 2018, 5:39 am

You really must exercise your right to vote if at all physically possible.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2018, 2:11 pm

Camping stoves are small and portable by design. Im not suggesting you lug around a kitchen range fss. Also social workers can not confiscate your money thats illegal.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2018, 10:00 am

I don't know whether this will help you with the cooking problem.

-

CalFresh Restaurant Meals Program

Elderly, disabled or homeless CalFresh customers may purchase meals at various San Francisco restaurants.

If you are elderly, disabled, or homeless, you can use your CalFresh EBT card to purchase prepared food from restaurants registered with the CalFresh Restaurant Meals Program. Ask a CalFresh worker to code your EBT card so that it will be accepted for payment for hot meals at over 60 participating restaurants in San Francisco.

Download a list of all participating restaurants in San Francisco.
https://www.sfhsa.org/file/5961/download?token=ih9D9Uur

CalFresh Restaurant Meals Program - Elderly, disabled or homeless CalFresh customers may purchase meals at various San Francisco restaurants.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2018, 12:10 pm

I get the vibe that AssP had an upper class upbringing and when from riches to rags when his parents died pretty much overnight.