I think most people are idiots

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2018, 10:59 am

I wasn't always like this, it's just getting worse and worse. The more time I spend in the UK the more I hate people in general. It feels like the general IQ is getting lower and lower.
For example, I work in a guesthouse, I finish at 1pm the latest, after that it's my discretion if I wait for the guests or just give them the code so they can let themselves in.
They don't reply to our email asking for arrival times and when nobody is there to welcome them they get upset and annoyed
(In a guesthouse there is no capacity to pay a 24/7 wage also the staff has life too and errands to run)
Last night I was woken up at 11pm, somebody from New Zealand called they were having problems with the booking. In New Zealand it was like noon the following day.
A tramp-looking nasty old woman booked our single room, she wanted us to get up and provide breakfast for her at 6 am on Sunday because she was leaving at 9!! She yelled at me that this was ridiculous that we have breakfast from 8 only (For 8 rooms, not a big hotel) at the end she was happy with a 7:30 breakfast and as a punchline she didn't want the cooked breakfast!! Basically she had what we provide as a packed breakfast for people who leave early.

I was called a nasty piece of work because I wanted my wage and payslips from my previous job!

A guy I was chatting to online simply blocked me by the time we were supposed to have a Skype chat.

Apart from some idiots who can't even make a reservation online, this is the very first job where my employers treat me like a human being. We're talking about 11 years in the UK!

Whenever I travel somewhere, trains are later minimum an hour, this year I flew three times, one 8 hour delay and twice 4 hours.

Now with Brexit approaching, they are spending money on designing a commemorating coin instead of giving that money to NHS.

Internet is incredibly slow. In my Eastern European home internet is at least three times faster than in one of the most developed countries.

You can be a teaching assistant completing a £25 20 hours online course! WTF?
This world!! ! How can this country still operate???????

This is a rant!
I am working on moving somewhere else where people don't need signs not to walk into a hole on the pavement.

Also when you ring the bell, give people at least 20-30 seconds to get to the door before you start banging. I don't live in the hall nor I can teleport!!

Oh and if you are allergic to sesame seed, the common sense dictates you know how sesame seeds look like. So you don't buy a baguette with sesame seed on top and eat it because it was not on the label that it contains sesame.
If you still eat it, you practically committed suicide and it's not the food company's fault!

Ok, as I said I'm working on moving countries, so please do not suggest that. And I'm just generally pissed off at stupid people, this is a rant but I would be eternally grateful if somebody knew about jobs at lighthouses on uninhabited islands.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Oct 2018, 11:11 am

I always had the impression the average folk in the UK were smarter than those in the US. But I'm not from either country and I guess you get clueless people everywhere!

There are also very smart and considerate people everywhere who make up for the dumb ones.

It's good to have a rant now and then; it should make you feel a bit better!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2018, 11:22 am

It did make me feel better.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 11:49 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I always had the impression the average folk in the UK were smarter than those in the US. But I'm not from either country and I guess you get clueless people everywhere!

There are also very smart and considerate people everywhere who make up for the dumb ones.

It's good to have a rant now and then; it should make you feel a bit better!

A friend of mine from the UK explained to me that they have their problems just like anywhere else. No country is perfect.

I'm from the US and as I get older I have realized that we really aren't that great of a country like we want to believe we are and there are things about us that make the rest of the world think that we are very arrogant and stupid people. But we are still only human beings just like anybody else in the world and we all make mistakes. Just because we do some very stupid things that doesn't mean we are bad people and that is true for every country in my opinion.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 2:39 pm

IDIOTS are not so many, but they are positioned in a way that u keep bumping in them)
tho actually, well, its a quality of human psyche (nvm the neurology), to remember bad things better. everything that rubs u wrong has a residue in ur mind. good things, they do tend to dissolve much faster. and bad stupid people are just more noticable, so u remember 1 cretin better than 10 normal people. and 1 bad deed can kill a relationship, that was forged with years. all that. just the sort of how we tick. hope it helps.

Scipio
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2018, 2:51 pm

A majority (or at least a substantial minority) of the people in the UK, US, Canada, and Western world in general are largely a disappointment and they do seem to be rolling themselves downhill at a breakneck pace. It's like we are watching civilization slowly commit suicide in real time.

That said, here is some info about lighthouse jobs:

https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-i ... ian-island

There are actually a number of jobs for "lighthouse caretaker," "island caretaker," and "park caretaker" if you search those terms.

Out of curiosity, which country are you from and which one are you planning to move to?

Last edited by Scipio on 30 Oct 2018, 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 2:53 pm

Okay. You're highlighting the stupidity of people to jump to conclusions there. The poor girl wouldnt eat clearly observable sesame seeds. They were baked into the bread.

Read up on things before ranting about people who died of no fault if their own.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/sep/25/pret-a-manger-allergic-reactions-year-before-natasha-ednan-laperouse-died-inquest-told

CannibalCorpse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2018, 4:43 pm

Hurtloam, yes, my bad, I misread the articles but I don’t know anyone with an anaphylactic response to a food substance that would consider eating an off the shelf sandwiches or cakes etc. All the people I know are obsessive about checking really carefully and most take food they’ve prepared themselves as they know that food factories are not really allergy friendly let's just put it this way.

Also I can add now, I was just being called a nasty piece of work when I wanted my salary and payslips and p45 from my last work place. They ignored my emails, only when I threatened them going to HMRC, that's when they started replying, lying to my face one day " we don't know how, it never happened before" and the following day she asks for my bank details because they didn't have it, erased it = had no intention to pay
And calling me a nasty piece of work.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Nov 2018, 7:41 am

You might like these lyrics from the Harvey Danger song, Flagpole Sitta

I'm not sick but I'm not well
And I'm so hot cause I'm in hell
Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 1:21 am

I don't think most people are idiots.. but I do think some people on this forum fit the definition.

Without naming names, the ones I think are idiots are the ones that complain to no end about their symptoms negatively impacting their life who refuse to do anything whatsoever to treat them, or to try different treatments until they find one that works for them.