Page 1 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 12:20 am

domineekee wrote:
I didn't mean to preach, I used to work in the weed business when it was first decriminalized in Switzerland twenty years ago and would handling KGs of it every day. The rest of my time was spent in front of my computer programming music or socializing. Eventually, I started to relate everything outside back to myself and became agitated and erratic. About ten years ago I took my first prolonged break from pot and did 2 x yoga classes a day for a couple of months and noticed that my thinking gradually becoming clearer and less involved. Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree and none of this is of any relevance.

Well luckily this week I got some cannabidiol concentrates instead of the usual face melting thc. I mean exercise helps with anxiety yeah but in my case most of it has to be pretty extreme. I've been considering tai chi to help with balance for skiing & BMX. I also like slacklining but I need to replace mine.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 12:26 am

Anyways goodnight from my wacky suburban hacker hovel. I wish you all less insomnia than mine.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 4:14 am

cberg, i am very sorry for not being here when needed. for what i gather, my account had been accidently blocked and it took this long to get it back operational. mistakes happen, ya. so to insomnia, i wont even start on mine xd if u can do some sufficient physical activity, that is cool. tho tbh, physical fatigue doesnt do much when mind is racing. im sorry, im so incoherent right now. lack of sleep is getting to me xd

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 2:55 pm

No worries! I'm pretty much back to normal just not under any less pressure. I'm trying to spend more time on WP to stick around people in some sense as long as I'm still doing almost nothing but work.

The freakouts are less intense when I remember to actually relax.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 5:19 pm

if u manage to relax, thats really great))) it does help, a LOT. i guess i have a problem with that xD anyways, good to know u feel some bit better. hope it gets to some decent level of safety) please keep updating)

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 7:09 pm

I wish I could relax voluntarily. I mean I can get somewhere but I'm nowhere near being able to carry a hammock somewhere & actually make use of it. I can hardly relax even when I'm sedated beyond reason.

Hyper-vigilance is just such a pain in the ass. I have to be completely exhausted before it stops at all.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 11:17 pm

Bleh, here goes another one. I guess I'm lucky I'm really tired. :(

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 5:57 am

YA cberg, related and related. i have to be stone tired before i can sleep. i wake up allready exhausted, too. never feeling rested. never feeling relaxed. ptsd has that effect. on bad days people have to take shifts watching over me.

maybe u really need a dischord connect so that i (or other people who have a LOT of skill, dealing with my s**t) could help u faster?

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:53 am

If it's any help, I'm also having trouble sleeping, feeling hyper-alert…...if that is what you refer to. I know sod all what to do with it. One thing that's been helping a little bit though is listening to binaural beats on youtube...there are some for asperger's, they help me calm down to some extent.

Cheers from one insomniac to another.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:04 pm

Well it turned out I was sick also; last night was a combination of this & delirious madness, luckily a good cat sits in for people in general when I'm stuck dealing with this. I guess I'm more paranoid about a total lack of people around me than anyone in general. I don't want to force anyone else to put up with this but I do want them to realize what I'm dealing with so I can help them with their own troubles.

I think reactions to trauma aren't just evolution screwing us over, it's more a matter of preparing oneself for a completely different role in everyone's lives than was ever planned for.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:06 pm

underwater wrote:
If it's any help, I'm also having trouble sleeping, feeling hyper-alert…...if that is what you refer to. I know sod all what to do with it. One thing that's been helping a little bit though is listening to binaural beats on youtube...there are some for asperger's, they help me calm down to some extent.

Cheers from one insomniac to another.

I might actually try sleeping with these on speakers. I could just leave the volume at 10% or so on my stereo.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:08 pm

serpentari wrote:
YA cberg, related and related. i have to be stone tired before i can sleep. i wake up allready exhausted, too. never feeling rested. never feeling relaxed. ptsd has that effect. on bad days people have to take shifts watching over me.

maybe u really need a dischord connect so that i (or other people who have a LOT of skill, dealing with my s**t) could help u faster?

Cool band, they feel like something between KoRn & Alice in Chains.

By all means PM me with that discord channel; I may be extremely shy but I like people anyway. What I'm writing about is learned helplessness I suppose. I don't really doubt myself as much as I doubt I'll ever be understood.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:11 pm

we can never be understood. not in a thousand years. but trying, honestly trying, counts. link incoming.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

I guess my work on becoming more approachable can't really be appreciated by me alone. I'm not trying to spend my whole weekend alone but maybe it's a good idea.

Anyway underwater's suggestion is helping, I'm listening to this right now. Time to combine it with more helpful plants.

serpentari
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:43 pm

interesting. i tried it and felt growing anxiety and tension straight away. can it be because of barely subsided ptsd outbreak or i am weird even for an aspergerian? xd guess i stick to linkin park, candlemass, disturbed and other less conventional means xD (i fight for the unconventional!) xD ALSO, cberg, awaiting u. the links can expire. also they can be finicky and u might need another one before it works.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2019, 10:47 pm

serpentari wrote:
interesting. i tried it and felt growing anxiety and tension straight away. can it be because of barely subsided ptsd outbreak or i am weird even for an aspergerian? xd guess i stick to linkin park, candlemass, disturbed and other less conventional means xD (i fight for the unconventional!) xD ALSO, cberg, awaiting u. the links can expire. also they can be finicky and u might need another one before it works.

I think the server is being a bit grouchy about private messages. I'll let you know when I get it, thanx.

I saw mixed results in the YT comments for binaural beats. I think it's important to listen at a minimal volume & not focus on the individual sounds. Having some good speakers instead of cheap PC ones or earbuds will also improve the effects.